Wembley allocation (1 Viewer)

skybluecam

Just wondering if you thought about the average 25k and 2.5 k being away supporters.
yeah but we're talking about the total number of people who have an account/purchase history with the club. That will surely be well above 34,000

chiefdave

yeah but we're talking about the total number of people who have an account/purchase history with the club. That will surely be well above 34,000
I remember going to a thing years ago at Highfield Road where Richardson claimed they had 350K active customers on their database :ROFLMAO:

Doubt its that high but suspect there's far more people who turn up to one or two games a season than people are accounting for on here

hamertime

I remember going to a thing years ago at Highfield Road where Richardson claimed they had 350K active customers on their database :ROFLMAO:

Doubt its that high but suspect there's far more people who turn up to one or two games a season than people are accounting for on here
He got mixed up with what he had siphoned off that month

MalcSB

Just get the morning train, gives you more time soak up the atmosphere. 🏟️🍔🍺
Firstly, which morning. Secondly, it‘s the one coming back that’s the problem to gauge the right time.

I simply do not understand why it takes so long to make a decision and announce It. The FA don’t give a toss about the average supporter. All exacerbated by KO likely to be late afternoon.

MalcSB

no, I said there’s no reason why they should - there’s nothing written in any t&cs as far as I know?

season ticket holders (such as myself) pay an amount of money for an amount of games per season, nothing more…. FA Cup games are a bonus.

I’m not suggesting anything, I’m just saying it as it is - if the club decided to allocate them differently (eg a straight ballot) then there’s no reason why they couldn’t.

I am hoping it’s at least one per season ticket before anything though, because I’m looking forward to a day out
Th club would be bonkers not to ensure season ticket holders get at least one ticket each.

SBbucks

Firstly, which morning. Secondly, it‘s the one coming back that’s the problem to gauge the right time.

I simply do not understand why it takes so long to make a decision and announce It. The FA don’t give a toss about the average supporter. All exacerbated by KO likely to be late afternoon.

It took about 10 days for the FA to announce dates last year, everyone needs to relax. The club will announce it as soon as they know, so why are people continually wasting their time pestering them?

chiefdave

It took about 10 days for the FA to announce dates last year
its incredible that it can take the FA that long to work out which game is on the Saturday and which game is on the Sunday.

WTF do they do for 10 days? The TV contract must state who has first choice so it's a call to them and they say which game they want and when and then that's job done.

SBbucks

its incredible that it can take the FA that long to work out which game is on the Saturday and which game is on the Sunday.

WTF do they do for 10 days? The TV contract must state who has first choice so it's a call to them and they say which game they want and when and then that's job done.

The BBC will select which game they want but I think you’ll find the police, local authorities and transport all have input before it is finalised.

MalcSB

The BBC will select which game they want but I think you’ll find the police, local authorities and transport all have input before it is finalised.
Has it come as a surprise to them that there is a couple of big games on at Wembley that weekend?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Being as Saturday and Sunday are off peak my understanding is. If you travel as a group you can catch any train belonging to West Midland railway on cheaper ticket or Avanti on dearer ones.Dont quote me as I haven't travelled from there but Coventry I think you just join the queue and get crammed on the trains when it gets busy.Someone who has travelled from there for our games at Wembley will come on and put you wise.
I know when we have come back we've got on the first available train.
As for KO time would think it will be after 5.
Which morning? Only the FA can help you with that.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

What time is kick off likely to be? Anybody know. Want to get a train booked and can get ok ISH prices now

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I suggest booking advance singles for best prices possible for BOTH days.
You can change what will be unused tickets to a future date. Assuming you will go to London again in future.
I did this from Manchester to ensure get seat reservation as Manchester trains will be packed.
I think you have a similar journey.

napolimp

In terms of trains, anyone who lives out East in the city, Rugby, or Hinckley way, may be worth looking at going to Leicester/Market Harborough/Kettering. You can get an East Midlands train direct to London in 1 hour, and won't have any of the crowds.

MalcSB

Being as Saturday and Sunday are off peak my understanding is. If you travel as a group you can catch any train belonging to West Midland railway on cheaper ticket or Avanti on dearer ones.Dont quote me as I haven't travelled from there but Coventry I think you just join the queue and get crammed on the trains when it gets busy.Someone who has travelled from there for our games at Wembley will come on and put you wise.
I know when we have come back we've got on the first available train.
As for KO time would think it will be after 5.
Which morning? Only the FA can help you with that.
You are making an assumption that I will be travelling from Coventry on WM trains😀

robbiethemole

In terms of trains, anyone who lives out East in the city, Rugby, or Hinckley way, may be worth looking at going to Leicester/Market Harborough/Kettering. You can get an East Midlands train direct to London in 1 hour, and won't have any of the crowds.
[/QUOTE

Bloody hell nap, don’t tell them that, the place will be crawling with them now. I’ll never get a seat otherwise

clint van damme

That image seems all wrong. Pre-decimal prices (i.e. 60s or earlier) but there was surely no such thing as the "East Stand" then. That was the Kop end wasn't it?
The prices are believable though (12.5p and 2.5p in today's units).

Como telling lies and using false multimedia, never!

ccfcricoh

it is a month away tbf to them, i'd rather they took an extra week now and actually planned it properly, marathon weekend has the potential to make this an absolute pain in the arse!

i get people want to sort travel arrangements etc but there's still plenty of time

rexo87

Just booked on the Sky Blue Tavern coach. Did anyone do it last year? If so how was the experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalcSB

it is a month away tbf to them, i'd rather they took an extra week now and actually planned it properly, marathon weekend has the potential to make this an absolute pain in the arse!

i get people want to sort travel arrangements etc but there's still plenty of time
Presumably they already knew when a little event like the London Marathon was taking place. That being the case they should have either:-
(a) already planned for it
(b) scheduled the semi finals on some other weekend.

The only thing that could have come as a surprise to the authorities is that Coventry City are one of the semi-finalists.

Reactions: SBT

Como

That image seems all wrong. Pre-decimal prices (i.e. 60s or earlier) but there was surely no such thing as the "East Stand" then. That was the Kop end wasn't it?
The prices are believable though (12.5p and 2.5p in today's units).
I remember being given a coin and going through the separate turnstile. 6 Pence sounds about right.

Spion Kop would have been the full name but the more I think about it I do not think it was officially known as that.

Perhaps someone with a better memory can comment.

Calista

I remember being given a coin and going through the separate turnstile. 6 Pence sounds about right.

Spion Kop would have been the full name but the more I think about it I do not think it was officially known as that.

Perhaps someone with a better memory can comment.
Pretty sure it was called the Spion Kop, even on the signs outside. Could be wrong of course, but I'd be amazed if it was called the East Stand before the much later redevelopment.

Como

I do not remember any signs saying Home Supporters Only and if it was East anything, East Terrace would make more sense than Stand.

David O'Day

Just booked on the Sky Blue Tavern coach. Did anyone do it last year? If so how was the experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I go on their buses to most away games, decent and not bad value. You get breakfast and a pint in the price as well.

Users who are viewing this thread