Well, Well.... (2 Viewers)

WillieStanley

Summerisle says.........You mean like when Sisu sold off the Arena to ACL for millions, and all the players that were sold off for millions that were already here when they took over?

All gone to their Cayman bank accounts I expect.

Are you really as thick as shit...or did it take practice?
SISU knew what they had "In front of them" but tried to "Blag" their way through it. It backfired.
Judging by the attempts at buying other Clubs, they were determined to own one thinking they were going to make "Big Money"
They are now getting their just desserts. Albeit Our Club feeling the "After Effects" of SISU's shit tenure.:jerkit:

SISU never wanted a football club. They wanted Ray Ransons Prozone. I am convinced that Ranson's deal with SISU was "go into business with me, buy me a football club and Prozone is all yours."

Now SISU are left without Ray Ranson, without Prozone and a football club they never wanted in the first place. They are, however, at least trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

Sky Blue Kid

SISU never wanted a football club. They wanted Ray Ransons Prozone. I am convinced that Ranson's deal with SISU was "go into business with me, buy me a football club and Prozone is all yours."

Now SISU are left without Ray Ranson, without Prozone and a football club they never wanted in the first place. They are, however, at least trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

You're 100% certain of your claims then WS.....You're privvy to what went on between Ranson and SISU are you?....NO! of course you're not!
If they had "Done things right" in the beginning, they wouldn't be...at least trying to make the best out of a bad situation.[/QUOTE] atm...would they!

Mucca Mad Boys

You're 100% certain of your claims then WS.....You're privvy to what went on between Ranson and SISU are you?....NO! of course you're not!
If they had "Done things right" in the beginning, they wouldn't be...at least trying to make the best out of a bad situation. atm...would they!

Can you remember Alki David's comments about the club before SISU came in? Or have you, like so many, conveniently forgot?

The work of their predecessors and no doubt the rent agreement, especially because we got nothing from the revenue streams, put off billionaires like Alki so we ended with SISU, are you oblivious to this?

WillieStanley

[/B]

If they had "Done things right" in the beginning, they wouldn't be...at least trying to make the best out of a bad situation.
atm...would they![/QUOTE]

I'd have thought that the tone of my post, to the trained eye, quite obviously points to this being speculation. Well thought out speculation but speculation none the less. I don't remember saying "This is what happened" "I know that this is what the deal was" I said I am convinced that this is what happened because, to me, it's the most plausable reason for SISU to get involved.

In response to your second quote. It's not Tim Fisher or Steve Waggott or, indeed Joy's fault that Ray Ranson over spent, Ken Delieu over cut or that Onye repeatedly failed to spot what the priorities were. Infact, when it was clear that Ranson was over spending with no end product, he was gone. When it was clear that Ken Delieu was wielding the axe of idiocy, he was gone. Onye was a bit trickier to get rid of because no-one was really sure what his contribution actually was - but in the end... gone.

The sooner people seperate failing boards and the owners and realise that actually, something was done about those failing boards, the sooner people will realise that SISU are not the gestapo.

Mucca Mad Boys

Can you remember Alki David's comments about the club before SISU came in? Or have you, like so many, conveniently forgot?

The work of their predecessors and no doubt the rent agreement, especially because we got nothing from the revenue streams, put off billionaires like Alki so we ended with SISU, are you oblivious to this?

Nope, thought most people would conveniently forget this.

J

Jack Griffin

Well given that their raison d'etre is to turn a profit, in my opinion....
Plan A was "get into the premiership & sell on for a big wack", that failed.
Plan B was "make ACL go bust and pick up the pieces cheap" that has flopped.
Plan C well your guess is as good as mine.

lordsummerisle

Very unlikely, Prozone never really made any money:

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/18454-Prozone-and-RR

Sky Blue Kid

WillieStanley............Infact, when it was clear that Ranson was over spending with no end product, he was gone.

Ranson "bought"....Dann and Fox from Walsall for an undisclosed fee. When SISU sold them, Ranson threatened to resign not once, but twice because SISU were not prepared to invest in playing staff. He then promptly followed Hoffman out of the door, who had cited the same reasons as Ranson.
So where do you get the "Overspending" from Ranson theory?:whistle:

lordsummerisle

WillieStanley............Infact, when it was clear that Ranson was over spending with no end product, he was gone.

Ranson "bought"....Dann and Fox from Walsall for an undisclosed fee. When SISU sold them, Ranson threatened to resign not once, but twice because SISU were not prepared to invest in playing staff. He then promptly followed Hoffman out of the door, who had cited the same reasons as Ranson.

Do you really believe anything that Ranson tells you?

Fuck me, he's the reason Sisu are here anyway(and that everybody else ran a mile when Ranson hove into view offering to "save" their club apart from us).

RegTheDonk

Nope, thought most people would conveniently forget this.

He was the son of the coke bottling family, and a small time Eastenders actor wasn't he? Do recall Richardson met with him and he very quickly said he wasn't interested. I assume he saw right away that CCFC wasn't going to be a good investment, though with his personal fortune of about £4 billion, he could have afforded to lose a few quid. Guess CCFC wasn't high profile enough to boast about in the pub.

WillieStanley

He was overspending. The revamp of Ryton, competative wages, investing in the playing staff. When all that became too much for SISU to stomach, they then vetoed many of his decisions, effectively pushing him through the door. Whether that was right or wrong, that's what happened.

Colonel Mustard

He was the son of the coke bottling family, and a small time Eastenders actor wasn't he? Do recall Richardson met with him and he very quickly said he wasn't interested. I assume he saw right away that CCFC wasn't going to be a good investment, though with his personal fortune of about £4 billion, he could have afforded to lose a few quid. Guess CCFC wasn't high profile enough to boast about in the pub.

Alki David?! If anything, the likes of Joe Dhinsa and Alki David are testament to the depth of the ditch that Richardson and co created. We were so desperate that we even entertained publicity seekers such as them. Really worth remembering every time we talk about "potentially interested parties" in a post-SISU era.

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course Thr Arena was sold to ACL before Sisu, just trying to find out from sbk's fevered imaginings where all these assets were that have been stripped from the club to go in Sisu's back pockets.

He's madder than Mad Jack McMad, winner of last years Mr Mad competition.

Sure your username shouldn't be Lord Blackadder instead?

Sky Blue Kid

He was overspending. The revamp of Ryton, competative wages, investing in the playing staff. When all that became too much for SISU to stomach, they then vetoed many of his decisions, effectively pushing him through the door. Whether that was right or wrong, that's what happened.

Ranson was quoted as "Making £20m immediately ready to take this Club forward"

Coventry City Ryton training ground set for facelift

Apr 16 2008 By Andy Turner

COVENTRY CITY'S Ryton training ground is set for £500,000 refurbishment to bring it up to Premier League standards.
Sky Blues chairman Ray Ranson has ordered a major facelift to bring it in line with the club's plush Ricoh Arena, giving it a more up market feel and making it a facility to impress potential new signings.
"With all due respect, the training ground has had no more than a lick of paint in the last 10 years," said Ranson.
"We are going to revamp the whole place. We will be improving the pitches, moving the gym into the main building, moving the kitchen upstairs and creating more screening.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...et-for-facelift-92746-20770183/#ixzz2MVLZUkQP
£500k!!!!!!!! hardly overspend from £20m is it!
:facepalm:

Grendel

There was considerable investment in playing staff Eastwood allowed cost £4 million in transfers and wages. Wage bill was high and the squad assembled should have done far better.

Ranson bringing his chums Coleman and thorn from Fulham ultimately damaged us.

Sky Blue Kid

Ranson's departure could spell bad news for Coventry City

By Ian Palmer on Mar 24, 11 09:44 PM in Fans

IF RAY RANSON'S resignation is confirmed today, as expected, then it really would be a sad day for Coventry City Football Club.
The implications of his departure will much depend on whether he jumped, or was pushed. If he was pushed, then the disruption and disharmony in the boardroom is as bad as many feared. If he jumped, then it suggests a larger threat looms ahead.

The delay in the club's statement confirming Ranson's departure just adds to the concern. We all know that the official website is as sensitive and coy as a party political broadcast, but to ignore the widespread reports of its Chairman's resignation is just bizarre.
With the Football League imposing a transfer embargo on the team - blocking the potential loan moves of Marlon King and Clive Platt to Cardiff and Norwich, respectively - it seems clear that administration is a genuine threat to the club.
This should not come as a surprise to Sisu. Does it really expect to be making money? It may have cleared the club's debts, but it's made scant investment in the team, it's sold a number of quality players, and it won't offer new contracts to the ones that remain.
What it has done is slash the wage bill (on and off the field), turned down the opportunity to invest in the purchase of the Ricoh Arena, and pad out any debt the club has accrued since the takeover with money from player sales.
To make money Sisu needs to get Coventry City in the Premiership - that was obvious from the beginning. But what the people of Sisu don't seem to realise is that the chances of getting promoted without significant investment into a struggling team are practically zero.
It hurt me to read this, but here's a little bit of an interview with Ray Ranson back in August 2009: "Whatever decisions I make the fans can be assured are in the best interests of Coventry City - not in the interests of Ray Ranson or Sisu Capital as that would be short-term thinking and may not be in the club's interests long-term."
He said that shortly after the sales of Scott Dann and Danny Fox, which, he recently admitted, were done against his will. It seems that since then Sisu has continued to make decisions that Ranson has opposed: the lack of investment in the team and stadium, the sale of Conor Thomas, perhaps even the sacking of Chris Coleman and Aidy Boothroyd.
This whole saga throws doubt onto every statement of solidarity, every promise, every optimistic platitude that Ranson has ever issued. Yet, I don't blame Ranson. Somehow I still feel he was always trying his best while stuck between Sisu and a hard place.

There you go boys...pick the bones out of that!;)

Sky Blue Kid

There was considerable investment in playing staff Eastwood allowed cost £4 million in transfers and wages. Wage bill was high and the squad assembled should have done far better.

Ranson bringing his chums Coleman and thorn from Fulham ultimately damaged us.

Yet more "Estimated Facts" spout from your mouth Grenduffy
In July 2008, he joined fellow Championship club Coventry City in a four-year deal for a reported £1.2million fee.
As Torchy pointed out to me in a post from a couple of days ago...It was REPORTED to be...no proof of it, and no proof of wages either.
Or are you going to twist everything around to suit your post???

cloughie

Jesus, look at you. You now have proof that the rent has been OTT since we moved into the bloody place, but still you side with ACL and against the Club you 'support'.

you really do clutch at straws the cet laughable but then again after only 4 months they suddenly realised the rent was to high, Doh and they were forced to agree that rent figure ? NO

Perhaps if I didn't have a life I could research where you complained about the council and The Higgs trust getting the club out of the shit they got themselves into and making it possible for the stadium to be built

Grendel

In July 2008, he joined fellow Championship club Coventry City in a four-year deal for a reported £1.2million fee.
As Torchy pointed out to me in a post from a couple of days ago...It was REPORTED to be...no proof of it, and no proof of wages either.

No your right really the fee was a bag of pork scratchings

WillieStanley

Ranson's departure could spell bad news for Coventry City

By Ian Palmer on Mar 24, 11 09:44 PM in Fans

IF RAY RANSON'S resignation is confirmed today, as expected, then it really would be a sad day for Coventry City Football Club.
The implications of his departure will much depend on whether he jumped, or was pushed. If he was pushed, then the disruption and disharmony in the boardroom is as bad as many feared. If he jumped, then it suggests a larger threat looms ahead.

The delay in the club's statement confirming Ranson's departure just adds to the concern. We all know that the official website is as sensitive and coy as a party political broadcast, but to ignore the widespread reports of its Chairman's resignation is just bizarre.
With the Football League imposing a transfer embargo on the team - blocking the potential loan moves of Marlon King and Clive Platt to Cardiff and Norwich, respectively - it seems clear that administration is a genuine threat to the club.
This should not come as a surprise to Sisu. Does it really expect to be making money? It may have cleared the club's debts, but it's made scant investment in the team, it's sold a number of quality players, and it won't offer new contracts to the ones that remain.
What it has done is slash the wage bill (on and off the field), turned down the opportunity to invest in the purchase of the Ricoh Arena, and pad out any debt the club has accrued since the takeover with money from player sales.
To make money Sisu needs to get Coventry City in the Premiership - that was obvious from the beginning. But what the people of Sisu don't seem to realise is that the chances of getting promoted without significant investment into a struggling team are practically zero.
It hurt me to read this, but here's a little bit of an interview with Ray Ranson back in August 2009: "Whatever decisions I make the fans can be assured are in the best interests of Coventry City - not in the interests of Ray Ranson or Sisu Capital as that would be short-term thinking and may not be in the club's interests long-term."
He said that shortly after the sales of Scott Dann and Danny Fox, which, he recently admitted, were done against his will. It seems that since then Sisu has continued to make decisions that Ranson has opposed: the lack of investment in the team and stadium, the sale of Conor Thomas, perhaps even the sacking of Chris Coleman and Aidy Boothroyd.
This whole saga throws doubt onto every statement of solidarity, every promise, every optimistic platitude that Ranson has ever issued. Yet, I don't blame Ranson. Somehow I still feel he was always trying his best while stuck between Sisu and a hard place.

There you go boys...pick the bones out of that!;)

A fans view is the best you can muster?

Colonel Mustard

That is an odd stick with which to beat a man. Reported is as good as it gets for the public. It implies journalists with sources have confirmed the amount. A quick look on Google shows the likes of Sky Sports, the BBC, The Sun, The Mirror all stating £1.2m as a fact. It is not like a scan of the player registration transfer could ever be made available as "proof".

Mucca Mad Boys

A fans view is the best you can muster?

Nope, in the formidable SBK arsenal there's also 'general understandings' and when there's also name calling and if he really wants to turn-on the style, he'll bitch about being bullied when he's the one who personally insults people.

CJparker

What amazes me is that any Cov fan could think that the least-worst option for the club is continued ownership by SISU, and who continue to cheerlead for SISU. Unless I have missed something, such a mindset and behaviour is deranged

Colonel Mustard

What amazes me is that any Cov fan could think that the least-worst option for the club is continued ownership by SISU, and who continue to cheerlead for SISU. Unless I have missed something, such a mindset and behaviour is deranged

You have pages and pages of people providing their reasons. Why lazily bring the discussion back to its starting point?

lordsummerisle

You also wonder why King doesn't play for England and why ACL don't take over the club and appoint Coleman as manager..

CJparker

You have pages and pages of people providing their reasons. Why lazily bring the discussion back to its starting point?

As far as I can see, all such "reasons" are spurious - I genuinely wonder what is making a few hardy souls argue for SISU so passionately

CJparker

You also wonder why King doesn't play for England and why ACL don't take over the club and appoint Coleman as manager..

Ah yes, don't worry about answering a difficult question, just attack me.

And yes, I do agree with all those things.

CJparker

Because being on the opposite side of a debate to people like yourself and SBK is more likely to be sane?

OK LS, I am trying to be a bit objective and take the heat out of this. By saying "I don't understand" people's views, this is not the same as "people's views are bullshit". I am trying to say that, rather than being perverse, I am genuinely struggling to see the other side of the argument. It might be me being thick (again).

To give you an idea what I mean, if I argue against a socialist or a neo-conservative, I would do so with at least some general idea of their perspective, how their argument fits together, the merits of their arguments, the critiques etc. But I genuinely don't feel that in this case - i can't see the whole coherent world-view of people who support SISU. That's not to say they are wrong - just that I do not understand.

Some pages back I laid out my own, sketchy and imperfect vision for what should happen to CCFC. Whilst plenty of people have commented on it and criticised, I haven't seen a holistic alternative viewpoint (unless I have missed it - haven't read the last 10 pages). So once again, can someone paint me a picture of how CCFC can grow and prosper with SISU in charge? At the moment, I am struggling to get the picture.

Sky Blue Kid

That is an odd stick with which to beat a man. Reported is as good as it gets for the public. It implies journalists with sources have confirmed the amount. A quick look on Google shows the likes of Sky Sports, the BBC, The Sun, The Mirror all stating £1.2m as a fact. It is not like a scan of the player registration transfer could ever be made available as "proof".

LMFAO.....thanks for bringing this up old boy!
Would that be the very same stick that Torchomatic, and Grendel were beating me with only a few days ago....Ahem, let me enlighten you dear chap....
I posted that Ben Turner was sold to Cardiff for a reported £750k....upon which I was savagely beaten with "Said Stick"....Yet when one of them use the very same reported
phrase everything is "Tickety Boo".....I wonder...could this be why Torchomatic or Grendel hasn't liked your post???................Goodnight Gentlemen!:wave::wave::wave:

Users who are viewing this thread