Well we have our striker... (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

...Ideally what else do we need, winger, midfield ? Think TM will raid the loan market next, for me i would like a right back, not too sure on young Phillips yet, Southend put lot of their play in that area, another like Chris Stokes would do me must be one about somewhere

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think we're supposed to getting a winger on loan when it reopens, will leave us with

GK: Burge, RCC
Defence: Willis, Phillips, Ricketts, Johnson, Martin, Stokes, Haynes
Centre Mid: Vincelot, Fleck, Morris, Thomas, Finch
Attacking midfield/wide players: JOB, Lameiras, Murphy, Maddison, New signing
Striker: Armstrong, Tudgay, Lateef, Fortune
Then we have a few U21 players like G Thomas, Harries, Stevenson who can step onto the bench if we get really short.

In terms of depth we will have enough in the attacking areas, that's 9 players going into 4 positions. I think we'd be ok for depth with that squad, if we get a long term injury we can always draft someone in.

ccfc92

I think we're supposed to getting a winger on loan when it reopens, will leave us with

GK: Burge, RCC
Defence: Willis, Phillips, Ricketts, Johnson, Martin, Stokes, Haynes
Centre Mid: Vincelot, Fleck, Morris, Thomas, Finch
Attacking midfield/wide players: JOB, Lameiras, Murphy, Maddison, New signing
Striker: Armstrong, Tudgay, Lateef, Fortune
Then we have a few U21 players like G Thomas, Harries, Stevenson who can step onto the bench if we get really short.

In terms of depth we will have enough in the attacking areas, that's 9 players going into 4 positions. I think we'd be ok for depth with that squad, if we get a long term injury we can always draft someone in.

You mean like Maddison and Willis ;)?

SkyBlue_Bear83

You mean like Maddison and Willis ;)?

We've signed attacking players though since Maddison injury though, with more planned with presumably his injury in mind.

And Mowbray feels we're just about ok in defence although he's admitted he'd ideally like a bit of cover there as well hasn't he?

moleyskyblue

I work at a golf course and hotel where the loan players stay, now I don't know why but Pennington was at the hotel yesterday

ccfc92

We've signed attacking players though since Maddison injury though, with more planned with presumably his injury in mind.

And Mowbray feels we're just about ok in defence although he's admitted he'd ideally like a bit of cover there as well hasn't he?

Will be an interesting September.

Also Lameire's form is key IMO. Can imagine him being like Moussa, goes missing, but pops up with brilliance when you need it.

stupot07

I honestly can't see why Everton would let Pennington come back. He isn't a rightback and was poor when he played there, and he isn't going to get in at centre back ahead of Ricketts and Johnson, so after a couple of loan spell were he played week in week out, I can't see them wanting him to go out and sit on someone's bench, they will want him to play regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

rupert_bear

I honestly can't see why Everton would let Pennington come back. He isn't a rightback and was poor when he played there, and he isn't going to get in at centre back ahead of Ricketts and Johnson, so after a couple of loan spell were he played week in week out, I can't see them wanting him to go out and sit on someone's bench, they will want him to play regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
I get what you are saying but lets be honest when he was at right back our defence was all over the place different centre halves almost every week and a burke for a manager, I think he would be better under Mowbray and provide cover for central defence

Nick

Administrator
I get what you are saying but lets be honest when he was at right back our defence was all over the place different centre halves almost every week and a burke for a manager, I think he would be better under Mowbray and provide cover for central defence
Would they let him come here for cover?

shmmeee

I'd ljke to see some defensive cover on short term loan. Ideally someone wno can play fullback and centreback.

We have just let a winger go because he wont get near the team, who would sign to sit on the bench?

Nick

Administrator
But he wasn't that good? Surely we would prefer to loan a right back and Everton would prefer to send him somewhere to play centre half

Users who are viewing this thread