Well said John Hartson (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

What he says rings true at Coventry and firmly lays the blame at Bryan Richardson's door!

torchomatic

Exactly. I know I'm always banging on about it but our predicament can be traced back to that slimey toad Richardson.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Unfortunately it's the same thing with our current owners. Even if you didn't believe in Ranson, why did he go? Cause the owners told him one thing and then did another!

torchomatic

They've certainly not helped, but they are nowhere near as bad as Richardson.

Unfortunately it's the same thing with our current owners. Even if you didn't believe in Ranson, why did he go? Cause the owners told him one thing and then did another!

Paxman II

he said when he was here he agreed to stay for a run at promotion to get back up straight away but then behind his back Richardson failed to keep his word and sold bellamy to Newcastle and hadji to Villa. That left Hartson with no choice but opt for Celtic as Richardson tore the teams ability for an immediate return apart.

Sound familiar?

BackRoomRummermill

Yes Richardson been at the helm of our worst season in history................ yes thats it , it all Mr R's fault

Great result tonight :p

Before anyone starts getting all excited and sorry to pop ballons we are still in deep shite , we need another 5 results like the one tonight to maybe be ok. If anyone has a problem with that take a quick look at games played or join the Greek finance ministry

(its in the first column)

Colonel Mustard

Yep, it is good to hear ex-players speak so candidly about Richardson. Others (such as Dublin) have at least made insinuations about BR's negative effects.

He made a fortune out of the club whilst breaking its back. Awful, awful legacy, and with no price to pay personally.

FinnishSkyBlue

he said when he was here he agreed to stay for a run at promotion to get back up straight away but then behind his back Richardson failed to keep his word and sold bellamy to Newcastle and hadji to Villa. That left Hartson with no choice but opt for Celtic as Richardson tore the teams ability for an immediate return apart.
Sound familiar?

I don't want to defend BR, but I doubt that bellamy would have stayed to play in Division One.. and after all the comments the w****r made about the club..

torchomatic

You can't defend Richardson. No one can. He fucked this club and his "legacy" is still affecting us a decade after we got rid of the See You Next Tuesday.

I don't want to defend BR, but I doubt that bellamy would have stayed to play in Division One.. and after all the comments the w****r made about the club..

FinnishSkyBlue

You can't defend Richardson. No one can. He fecked this club and his "legacy" is still affecting us a decade after we got rid of the See You Next Tuesday.

Yeah, that's true.. I once read that the bastard awarded himself something like a £500K bonuses, what a w****r.. Anyone know what he is up to nowadays? Probably living down in Portugal with another Cov destroyer Ken Deluded...

torchomatic

To be fair to him, it was only £425K.

Yeah, that's true.. I once read that the bastard awarded himself something like a £500K bonuses, what a w****r.. Anyone know what he is up to nowadays? Probably living down in Portugal with another Cov destroyer Ken Deluded...

Otis

Anyone else hear what Hartson said about Bellamy?

He said "Even if it was raining brains Craig Bellamy wouldn't even get damp!"

:D

Colonel Mustard

In addition to the high salary he drew, he'd award himself bonuses for things like the sale of Highfield Road (!). All this while the club was deeply in debt.

And that's the income we know about...

On a completely unrelated note, those Hondurans, Peruvians and likes of Evtushok were great signings, weren't they?

Nonleagueherewecome

Sound familiar?

Yes I think I remember him saying something about wanting to stay at the time. You have to think with him alongside the quality of the likes of Thompson, we'd have at least made the play-offs. You have to do what Newcastle did if you really are an ambitious, big club as Richardson claimed we were. We sold more of our squad than any team who is serious about bouncing back ever does-just look at The Albion and Wolves. If it had all gone Pete Tong we'd have probably faced administration rather quickly, but at least back then it wasn't quite as damaging as it is now & we could have partly wiped the slate clean!

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes I think I remember him saying something about wanting to stay at the time. You have to think with him alongside the quality of the likes of Thompson, we'd have at least made the play-offs. You have to do what Newcastle did if you really are an ambitious, big club as Richardson claimed we were. We sold more of our squad than any team who is serious about bouncing back ever does-just look at The Albion and Wolves. If it had all gone Pete Tong we'd have probably faced administration rather quickly, but at least back then it wasn't quite as damaging as it is now & we could have partly wiped the slate clean!

Even then, but for that atrocious end of season form, we'd have had the play-offs at the end of the season despite the fire sale. Hadji in Div 1 would've been pretty sweet :D

Otis

Yep. Hatson said Richardon promised him he would keep the players together and not sell anyone and on that proviso Hartson said he would definitely stay and help us get back up. Richardson then didn't keep to his word and sold Bellamy and Hadji and at that point Hartson said that's it then i'm off.

BigCsCheesyGrin

I remember the closed season when we had been relegated. The rumour going around was that Hartson was definately staying as he had paid to have a box for the whole of the next season, so that his family from Wales could come and watch him at Highfield Road.....Another incorrect rumour (nothing changes) Never forget that game against Man Utd - Didn't he score a hat-trick and we still lost 4-3 (or a brace and we lost 3-2)....Quality performance from Hartson !!

SkyBlueScottie

Pretty sure we would have stayed up had they signed Hartson at the time of the original bid.

As for Richardson, he was constantly wheeling and dealing and meddling, Strachan mentioned on CWR, that the 1st he knew of Moldovan coming was when Richardson called him on a Friday night announcing he was in Switzerland concluding a deal for him.

In the case of Dublin, he was finally racked off with Richardson accepting deals left, right and centre for him, hence Dublin going to Villa as it was more money and he could remain in the same area....

JHarding1987

Yeah, remember the ManUre match, it was 4-2 to Man U with Hartson scoring twice. Think we took the lead twice, but the rest of the team weren't as strong or as good as Hartson and couldn't take the pressure.

Real

I remember him saying he wouldn't leave even if Manure came in for him. About an hour later a friend of mine rang to tell me he was doing some building work on Dermot Desmond's house (Celtic finance man) and DD had told him Hartson would be a Celtic player within 24 hours. I was with another friend who was pals with Andy Harvey, so he rang him up to get the gossip, ironically Harvey was giving Hartson a massage at that moment. He told my mate he'd ring him back. Half hour later he rang back and said Hartson admitted he was off. He then popped in to see Strachan who went a deep shade of red when he told him the news.

I informed all those rejoicing at the news Hartson was staying on the City forum of the day. I was then told I knew nothing because he hadn't signed within the 24 hours I had stated. He signed the next day.

That aside, Hartson was brilliant for us, and the only time that season I thought we could actually beat the drop was once he arrived. He seemed to give us hope, belief and fight. I definitely agree with the earlier comment that stated we'd have stayed up if we'd got him when we originally wanted to sign him.

Users who are viewing this thread