Well Done CCFC - Another First (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

Sure some of you are aware of the FSF Twentys Plenty campaign to peg ticket prices to a maximum of £20 for away supporters to encourage more travelling fans and create a better atmosphere in grounds. CCFC are the first club to pledge their commitment to this campaign - well done CCFC a positive move. EMail from FSF below.

On 31 Jul 2015, at 16:35, Michael Brunskill <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear FSF affiliate/associate,

Hopefully your aware of the FSF's Twenty's Plenty for Away Tickets campaign which, since its launch in 2013, has saved travelling supporters around £650,000.

This season has seen a big breakthrough with Coventry City becoming the first League One side to pledge their commitment to Twenty's Plenty.

We would encourage all fans' groups to lobby their clubs and ask - if Coventry City can do this for visiting fans, why can't we?

If your club says they can't replicate what Coventry City have done - can they at least set up reciprocal deals for visiting Coventry City fans?

I'd be very interested to hear about their replies and can highlight any good examples.

Many thanks,
Michael

Michael Brunskill
Director of communications
The Football Supporters’ Federation
phone 0330 44 000 44 :: mob +44 (0)7795245859 :: web www.fsf.org.uk
Join the FSF for free today here

Steve.B50

Yes, well done to Coventry City, its good to see something positive. Just wish other clubs would follow our lead and help out away fans.

A little disappointed it was not mentioned by SW at the SCG meeting last week though

eastwoodsdustman

Will Simon Gilbert report it as good news?

I can see it now:

Sky blues slash away ticket prices horror! Nasty Sisu leave home tickets the same price but slash away ticket prices for non ccfc fans. We (along with the council) call now for some American in a sky blue ten gallon hat and a bottle of Bud in hand to be installed as the new owner of the club to end this nightmare.

lifeskyblue

A sky blue 10 gallon hat.....I want one. Forget the bud....I want the hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Gillingham away tickets are £15 I think? Guess that's hardly comparable though, I wouldn't go in that stand again if they paid me.

rupert_bear

A clever move too, not sure what the average away following is here, it's an attractive venue and central. We get the 2000+ for the Sheffields, Walsalls and Wigans but then there's the Colchesters, Southends and Carlisles If this can push the smaller followings up a few hundred it is much needed extra revenue. Average 1500 away and thats around £700k in the bin.

LB87ccfc

This was announced around two weeks ago by SW that we was doing this and was on the official. Old news, well done to the club though.

Covstu

Boooo SISU!!!!! oh yeah its positive......

Its an astute move by the club as they will get decent publicity from a fans perspective which should in turn raise attendances.

Astute

A clever move too, not sure what the average away following is here, it's an attractive venue and central. We get the 2000+ for the Sheffields, Walsalls and Wigans but then there's the Colchesters, Southends and Carlisles If this can push the smaller followings up a few hundred it is much needed extra revenue. Average 1500 away and thats around £700k in the bin.

Is giving 700k to SISU the same as putting it in the bin?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Going to do wonders for TMs drive to get the atmosphere going a bit too...unless our home games become like away games for atmosphere

...onwards & upwards PUSB

letsallsingtogether

Got to be honest don't give a fuck about what they do for away fans.
What are they going to do for the home fans.......
No one else bothers about us when we go away , just look at the price we have just paid to go to Millwall.

Charge them what they charge us........

Hobo

Got to be honest don't give a fuck about what they do for away fans.
What are they going to do for the home fans.......
No one else bothers about us when we go away , just look at the price we have just paid to go to Millwall.

Charge them what they charge us........

you see that attitude will never improve anything.

Perhaps now some teams might enter into a reciprical arrangement with City.

I also think City have tried to do quite a bit for home fans this season

Users who are viewing this thread