Weirdest place you've seen something CCFC related? (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

You live in Havant WM? I deliver milk in Havant. Bit of a hole, but slightly better than Portsmouth.

Really? How funny. No mate, I live just North of Emsworth so it's just a 5/10 minute drive into Havant. Do you live in Portsmouth then?

It wasn't you in the gym was it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covmark

Really? How funny. No mate, I live just North of Emsworth so it's just a 5/10 minute drive into Havant. Do you live in Portsmouth then?

It wasn't you in the gym was it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No mate it wasn't me. I live near Andover, still Hampshire though, just a bit further north than you coastal boys haha. Did live on the Isle of Wight for 10 years during my younger days.

mrtrench

No mate it wasn't me. I live near Andover, still Hampshire though, just a bit further north than you coastal boys haha. Did live on the Isle of Wight for 10 years during my younger days.

I live in Winchester, work in Andover.

chiefdave

Jesus...the South Coast Sky Blues number more than ChiefDave, Houchens Head and me!

Who knew?!

We need a minibus to get to games! The car park I use had an Aqua Taxi parked in it for one match, never had a city supporting driver when I've been in one though.

Skyblueweeman

We need a minibus to get to games! The car park I use had an Aqua Taxi parked in it for one match, never had a city supporting driver when I've been in one though.

The next game I go to after Walsall/Burton, I'll offer to drive us South Coasters up and back.

I have a friend who works for Aqua Cars. Staunch Utd fan but always looks out for Cov results.

robbiethemole

IMG_1256.JPG seen a city shirt in Torrevieja a couple of years ago when we owned a place there, and this StadiArena one in a sport bar in Mexico earlier this year

Nick

Administrator
One of skybluetony's posts on here....

giphy.gif

jordan210

Long time lurker first time poster. I will also soon be living near Andover when I find a house ! (GF is from around that part)

Last edited:

rob9872

Bloody glory hunters! A sniff of success and all of a sudden we're no different to Chelsea and United :)

kg82

Town called Anjuna in Goa. Went to a restaurant there and there were a few football flags hanging up. The one we sat next to was a Cov one. Then the guy cooking at the tandoor walked out in the Cov shirt from around 96-97!

James Smith

On a cheap as chips last minute beach holiday in the Caribbean spotted a CCFC crest beach towel amongst others a family had. Also surfing on eBay.com early last year there was a black and red replica away shirt which was a reasonable price. The location was listed as Alaska and the postage charges were horrible though as a result.

Hobo

Arsenal v Coventry live on TV in a German bar Bourbon St New Orleans.

Jcap

On way to Kuala Lumpur, immigration guy at desk stops me looks closely at passport, then after what seemed like an age says "Coventry City 1987" and cracks a massive grin! He followed English football and remembered the cup final. Random!

Monners

I saw a replica (imitation) shirt in a souvenier shop in Alice Springs. It was a week or so after Aloisi scored twice against Villa in the 4-1 drubbing back in 1999, so may have had something to do with having an Aussie centre forward.

Also a replica in a market in Rome a few years earlier - it was bright green (and was not meant ot be the keepers shirt apparently).

Monners

Arsenal v Coventry live on TV in a German bar Bourbon St New Orleans.

Saw an Arsenal v Cov game in my hotel room in Beijing. Just happened to trun the telly on at 11pm! We lost 2-0 and Roland Nillson got injured

Wheelfass

On holiday in the New Forest during the late 80's I called into the Lamb Inn at Nomansland. The walls were bedecked with Sky Blue scarves, flags, shirts and pictures of everything CCFC. Apparently the pub was once owned by John Sillets Brother and after the 87 final Snoz had taken the team there where they played cricket on the village green.
ps My wife and Brother-in-law had food poisoning after eating the ham that they ate in there:)

Bumberclart

Told this one before, but its worth another airing.
I was in Barbados at a large outdoor party, when a young local girl walked past in a City shirt.
In my drunken state I approached her told her I was a City fan and offered her a beer. She told me to feck off, and that she was homeless and had got the shirt from an emergency parcel which had been delivered to the shelter she got her lunch in. you can imagine the reaction from my non City fan mates.

mechaishida

Age 16, holiday in Majorca, a señorita around my age who worked at the hotel: saw her parading around in the then new 96/97 top after she'd finished work.

Since I was also wearing mine, I almost dropped my pool cue. Way out of my league though. Apparently her dad was from Cov, from what I could glean from her.

chiefdave

Saw a tent with SISU out on it one year at Reading.

A chap in a city shirt at American Airlines Arena in Miami talking to a a member of the National Guard. He was there for Raw.

There's a city shirt hanging from the ceiling in a bar in New York by the Empire State Building.

Also seen a CCFC flag a couple of times when watching WrestleMania (probably the same guy who was at Raw).

ajsccfc

There was a bar in Calgary where the entire ceiling is football scarves, there were at least three Cov ones up there but I didn't see any Man Utd or Liverpool which seemed odd.

Old Warwickshire lad

In the mountains inland from Perth, Australia in 2006. Stopped at a batch bar near a reservoir to get a drink and something to eat.
Had my city shirt on ( as you do) when bloke behind counter says "up the city" (which is what we said before "pusb").
Turns out he is a city fan from Keresley, ex teacher gave it all up 40 years ago and went there to drop out of the rat race.

When I was younger visiting family in South Africa, we drove past a group of young lads from a shanty town, one of them had a city shirt on. I happened to have the same one on! We pulled over and got pictures with them, pretty sure we got it featured in the programme when we got back.

Also - in Paris last year, fella selling tat by the river, had a decent CCFC Pendant which now hangs from my rear view!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Cov City top and scarf in an Irish bar on international drive Orlando!

CJ_covblaze

Was on a plane wearing a City shirt when the Spanish flight attendant called his mate over. They pointed at me saying "Coventry City, Robert Jarni" they were Real Madrid fans and despite him not being a huge success there they said that we became their English team when we helped them out.

Not that random but my flag (along with a few other Cov ones) is always on display at England away games. Also I put my small City and Blaze flags behind the goal at Spain Portugal during Euro 2012. Cristiano hit both with free kicks and the Blaze one was right in the middle of the goal for the pens. I'd imagine the City crest scared the shit out of Pique and Nani after the last time they saw it.

ms639

I once saw a rumour linking former England and Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole with coventry city, so weird

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

Where on IoW did you live Covmark? I used to live in Totland Bay (West Wight) then moved to Newport where I am now.

Users who are viewing this thread