Weight and working out (3 Viewers)

Kieranp96

Found out last year I’m the same age as Homer Simpson, looking in the mirror this morning I’m now the same shape so think I’ll be back on this thread. Mental health is tough living with my parents and waiting for my house to go through so currently in that rut where I know exercise will help but it feels like the most impossible thing in the world and I just want to consume by body weight in fast food.
I eat take aways pretty mu h daily I just keep under my tdee and still losing weight.

Kieranp96

Looks like it might be Android only unfortunately!

I used it over summer pretty well, and as you suggest I was honest too with things like beer and chocolate - definitely felt guilty when adding those things!

I saw the meal option and am going to start using that. It’s small (and silly) things like how much cereal is in a bowl, or how to add a handful of peanuts etc!
My fitness pal is the best and well worth the money, can set goals and separate macro targets, link your your apple wag h or Samsung wat h upto it track all your food either by searching or scanning barcode, honestly worth it, has most food from supermarkets take aways ect.

Great_Expectations

My fitness pal is the best and well worth the money, can set goals and separate macro targets, link your your apple wag h or Samsung wat h upto it track all your food either by searching or scanning barcode, honestly worth it, has most food from supermarkets take aways ect.

What’s the macro target stuff all about?

fernandopartridge

Weighed myself after having a drink most days for the last few weeks and chocolate, fry ups over Christmas and no exercise of any intensity, 5Ib on (which isn't too bad but nevertheless nearly as heavy as I've ever been).
Going to get back on the 16:8 I think and cut down the beer and bread.

Kieranp96

What’s the macro target stuff all about?
So if you want low carb, you can set a limit, or high protein high carb low fat you can set that, makes it 10x easier to track and make sure your not over eating a certain macro, I focus on protein I eat a out 200g per day, carbs and fat I eat what ever as long as it comes under 1700 calories.

Kieranp96

Weighed myself after having a drink most days for the last few weeks and chocolate, fry ups over Christmas and no exercise of any intensity, 5Ib on (which isn't too bad but nevertheless nearly as heavy as I've ever been).
Going to get back on the 16:8 I think and cut down the beer and bread.
I'm about to go low carb and calories as I have a back operation coming up in April and need to be 20/25% bf I'm at about 28% now I think.

PurpleBin

So if you want low carb, you can set a limit, or high protein high carb low fat you can set that, makes it 10x easier to track and make sure your not over eating a certain macro, I focus on protein I eat a out 200g per day, carbs and fat I eat what ever as long as it comes under 1700 calories.

200g of protein is a serious amount for only 1,700 calories. Are you doing a massive deficit? I'm on 2,200 calories for loss and I'm 6ft, 120kgs give or take.

Kieranp96

200g of protein is a serious amount for only 1,700 calories. Are you doing a massive deficit? I'm on 2,200 calories for loss and I'm 6ft, 120kgs give or take.
Yea in in over a 1400 calorie deficit, but I need to hit my goal, otherwise I may have the op cancelled.

PurpleBin

Saw some research into diet methods (16/8, low carb, etc) the takeaway was basically all of them are methods of tricking you into eating less calories.

100%. The science is very simple. Stay underneath your maintenance calories and you'll lose weight. Either by moving more or eating less. Either is fine. Both even better.

It's a billion dollar industry but all really focussed around that one principle. Slimming world and the like is a joke imo.

Don't get me started on "Hey, pay me 50 quid a month and Ill give you three milkshakes a day and hey presto, look how quick youve lost weight!"

Aye...what a surprise. You stopped eating and just comsumed liquid for 8 weeks and lost 3 stone. Jokers.

Edit - disclaimer...I'm no shining beacon of fitness. I'm up and down but I understand the principles of it I just struggle with consistency! The few from here I've met will tell you I'm no ripped fitness expert!

Kieranp96

Wow. That's a big one that. What's the timeframe? Sounds like you're doing well to be fair mate!

Ah yeah, seen April above. Good luck!
Can't claim its healthy but I work in it so I don't exactly need energy for my body haha, if I start feeling like shit I will just revesse diet back up to 2.5k calories or something.

robbiekeane

100%. The science is very simple. Stay underneath your maintenance calories and you'll lose weight. Either by moving more or eating less. Either is fine. Both even better.

It's a billion dollar industry but all really focussed around that one principle. Slimming world and the like is a joke imo.

Don't get me started on "Hey, pay me 50 quid a month and Ill give you three milkshakes a day and hey presto, look how quick youve lost weight!"

Aye...what a surprise. You stopped eating and just comsumed liquid for 8 weeks and lost 3 stone. Jokers.

Edit - disclaimer...I'm no shining beacon of fitness. I'm up and down but I understand the principles of it I just struggle with consistency! The few from here I've met will tell you I'm no ripped fitness expert!
This is literally where it ends. People can talk about intermittent fasting, high protein diets*, high fat diets, slimming world, this fad that fad whatever.....if you wanna lose weight it’s calories in versus calories out and you can disguise that however you want to feel like you’ve cracked the code but it is what it is. Move more and eat less. End of story.

*if you wanna maintain muscle mass or change your composition you need to look at your macros but for the very day lifter you probably won’t notice a difference tbf

Travs

A little bit of misinformation on here. If you consume less calories than your maintenance figure then you'll lose WEIGHT, not necessarily fat.

To lose fat, then the other factors such as macros and exercise come into play.

Travs

For what it's worth, I've always stuck close to the 16:8.... Well it's more like 15:9 in my case, and I do have perhaps a spoonful of yoghurt or a Ryvita or something at breakfast time, so it's not a straight 15hrs.

But it's a fairly solid principle.

Everyone is different and will find something that works. In my case, I can't go to bed hungry so my largest meal of the day is at 8:30pm. This is probably not "best practice" but works for me, and I'm happy to then go hungry in the mornings...

PurpleBin

A little bit of misinformation on here. If you consume less calories than your maintenance figure then you'll lose WEIGHT, not necessarily fat.

To lose fat, then the other factors such as macros and exercise come into play.

Ah, my bad. I thought, if in a deficit then your body burns fat as it's first port of call. Fair enough!

jordan210

Still slowly losing a bit here and there.

All over the place. seam to get a small lose then hold weight for a week or so and then small lose again.

Would like a big chunk off again as getting close to my target.

hill83

Managed to put a stone and a half, since October, on in what I’m hoping is pure muscle but probably isn’t. Definitely put some size on though.

ccfc92

Gone from doing nothing exercise wise to amazon delivery and dropped 2 stone since start of November, despite eating and drinking the same.

Need to cut out the beers and will hopefully drop another stone.

Kieranp96

Gone from doing nothing exercise wise to amazon delivery and dropped 2 stone since start of November, despite eating and drinking the same.

Need to cut out the beers and will hopefully drop another stone.
That's what my issues been I've been going through beer like nobody's business I got furloughed so all I've done is drank drank and drank, I may of gone bskc up to 20 stone but hey ho we reboot and go again, good job on the 2 stone dropped of you and onto me.

ccfc92

That's what my issues been I've been going through beer like nobody's business I got furloughed so all I've done is drank drank and drank, I may of gone bskc up to 20 stone but hey ho we reboot and go again, good job on the 2 stone dropped of you and onto me.

I was the same. Furlough from March till August, so did nothing until November and drank like a fish lol.

Kieranp96

I was the same. Furlough from March till August, so did nothing until November and drank like a fish lol.
I've been working throughout the whole thing until end of November when they decided to make the most of furlough been terrible for both oysicak and mental health but now my cast is off I'm back out walking atm, got some weights and what not although they are not heavy so, we will see I want to be around 14 but end of year 🤞, want to go miami next year without looking like a blob 😂.

ccfc92

I've been working throughout the whole thing until end of November when they decided to make the most of furlough been terrible for both oysicak and mental health but now my cast is off I'm back out walking atm, got some weights and what not although they are not heavy so, we will see I want to be around 14 but end of year 🤞, want to go miami next year without looking like a blob 😂.

Sounds like you have the motivation 💪🙌 good luck buddy 💪

Covstu

Put on 1/2 stone over Christmas and been chasing to try and get it back off. Working at home doesn’t help, going through crisps and other shite at a great rate!

superskyblue

I'm down 2st in the last year or so. Just a combination of somewhat careful calorie control (although probably been averaging a takeaway every 10 days or so to replace eating out) and exercise. I've forced myself to enjoy running. Much easier to do when there is nothing better to do!

SBAndy

Now down 2st since September, feel that I’m now used to tracking at a calorie deficit so it’s been relatively easy. Got my birthday in 2.5 weeks so will continue to concentrate dieting until then, but might ease off after. Happy with 12st.

chiefdave

Anyone used Muscle Food to order meat? Quality of meat in the supermarkets is terrible, are they any better, or any other suggestions.

Would love to head up to the farm shop or a decent butchers but even ignoring trying not go places for covid reasons can't really afford to pay three times the supermarket prices. Appreciate there's an element of you get what you pay for but also have to consider my bank balance!

Users who are viewing this thread