Weight and working out (3 Viewers)

hill83

Me too fella. Usually quite a hard gainer, but been eating in a surplus so been putting on more. 72kg at 22 and 5"11. Didn't realise how tough it would be to eat substantial amounts when you are already full.

I'm 71kg 5"10 but a fair bit older, 37 in 2 weeks. Waiting for the "weight to pile on when I get older" to happen.

shmmeee

I'm 71kg 5"10 but a fair bit older, 37 in 2 weeks. Waiting for the "weight to pile on when I get older" to happen.

giphy.gif

Greggs

6'2 - 12 stone - train martial arts 4 times a week, drink too much beer and smoke far too much devils lettuce

bringbackrattles

Remember the first lockdown I was living in the city centre,everywhere shut and very weird, not working so just eating crap food through boredom. Put on weight and felt sluggish and lethargic. When we came out of that lockdown got out walking again,went back working, and started eating better. Felt much better physically and mentally and determined to stay like that. Tier 4 wont stop me this time, don't want to feel like that again !

Bertola

Had a shock when i weighed myself on boxing day and was over 14st for the first time in my life. Started couch to 5k today, and need to cut out the excessive food/drink that December always brings

clint van damme

Had a shock when i weighed myself on boxing day and was over 14st for the first time in my life. Started couch to 5k today, and need to cut out the excessive food/drink that December always brings

Went out and did 2 mile jog today followed by 2 miles of interval walking/sprinting.
Felt great afterwards. Going to start undoing the good work and making myself feel shit again in about 3/4 of an hour!

Bertola

Went out and did 2 mile jog today followed by 2 miles of interval walking/sprinting.
Felt great afterwards. Going to start undoing the good work and making myself feel shit again in about 3/4 of an hour!

Yeah, we've promised the boy a takeaway pizza tonight for NYE. Proably have a couple of beers too. At least it's better this way than if i hadn't have made myself get out this afternoon

clint van damme

Yeah, we've promised the boy a takeaway pizza tonight for NYE. Proably have a couple of beers too. At least it's better this way than if i hadn't have made myself get out this afternoon

Definitely. Was going to have a few tonight regardless. At least we can kid ourselves we've earned it now!

LastGarrison

Make sure it’s from Basement Browns!

Just picked up a curry from the New Horseshoe (the best curry house in Cov) and just smashing it with my first beer.

I’m then going to drink myself into oblivion and bid ye farewell to this thoroughly shit year!

shmmeee

Found out last year I’m the same age as Homer Simpson, looking in the mirror this morning I’m now the same shape so think I’ll be back on this thread. Mental health is tough living with my parents and waiting for my house to go through so currently in that rut where I know exercise will help but it feels like the most impossible thing in the world and I just want to consume by body weight in fast food.

clint van damme

Found out last year I’m the same age as Homer Simpson, looking in the mirror this morning I’m now the same shape so think I’ll be back on this thread. Mental health is tough living with my parents and waiting for my house to go through so currently in that rut where I know exercise will help but it feels like the most impossible thing in the world and I just want to consume by body weight in fast food.

when you're the same colour as him you really need to start worrying

bringbackrattles

A customer texted me a few days ago saying will I still be cleaning her windows as usual now we are in tier 4 ? To be honest never gave it a thought, so will have to check that I can still work ? Window cleaning is great for fitness,and need to keep a decent standard up or as I found before, I got a bit sluggish and low in mood without it. Plenty of nature reserves round by where I live now though,so no excuse to stop walking or getting out and about.

jordan210

I cant stopping eating crap lately. the pounds keep coming back on.

back to work tomorrow so need to get strict with the diet.

Need to lose about a stone now to hit my goal. Before xmas was only about half a stone to go boo.

clint van damme

I cant stopping eating crap lately. the pounds keep coming back on.

back to work tomorrow so need to get strict with the diet.

Need to lose about a stone now to hit my goal. Before xmas was only about half a stone to go boo.

nowt wrong with a bit of a blowout at Christmas mate. I'm sure once you refocus you'll hit your goal no bother.

PurpleBin

For those of you who have said you're not confident enough to go to a gym or whatever I'd recommend the James Smith Academy. You can request a personal training plan based on your needs/goals. PT's check in with you and you can ask questions like you would an in person PT. You also don't need any specific equipment (you tell them what you have and they then work around you)

My gym was by work (4 miles away) and as I WFH now I struggled to get the motivation to head to the gym so started this properly and its given me the motivation again.

There's some who don't like James Smith's approach but I like the no bulshit, simple approach myself.

It's free to join and you can get some stuff but for 40 quid a month you get full access, personal plans, personal mela plans to fit your recommend calorie intake.

clint van damme

For those of you who have said you're not confident enough to go to a gym or whatever I'd recommend the James Smith Academy. You can request a personal training plan based on your needs/goals. PT's check in with you and you can ask questions like you would an in person PT. You also don't need any specific equipment (you tell them what you have and they then work around you)

My gym was by work (4 miles away) and as I WFH now I struggled to get the motivation to head to the gym so started this properly and its given me the motivation again.

There's some who don't like James Smith's approach but I like the no bulshit, simple approach myself.

It's free to join and you can get some stuff but for 40 quid a month you get full access, personal plans, personal mela plans to fit your recommend calorie intake.

Thanks Purple bin (AKA James Smith CEO of the James Smith academy)

clint van damme

Haha. I did think that sounded like at the end there was going to be a "oh yeah and if you use my code I get a free month" or something ha.

Sounds like a cracking idea to be honest. There's always some clever people who'll spot an opportunity. Fair play to them.

Great_Expectations

Got into the usual Christmas bad habit of eating whatever I wanted at any point during the day, including really indulging my sweet tooth, at times even after breakfast! I am also very partial to some chocolate just before bed, which has evolved over the last few weeks to whole bars. As I am also exercising a fair bit at the minute (combination of running and indoor cycling), I justified being able to eat what I wanted even more.

Starting a month off alcohol today and no chocolate too. I will need something to appease the sweet tooth though, so suggestions are welcome!

Also going to try and use MyFitnessPal to try and keep a calorie deficit, but I find it a ballache when you’re making meals from stratch etc to accurately enter the details.

Not sure how it works now we’re about to go into Lockdown again, but always happy to run with anyone who needs a bit of motivation.

PurpleBin

Got into the usual Christmas bad habit of eating whatever I wanted at any point during the day, including really indulging my sweet tooth, at times even after breakfast! I am also very partial to some chocolate just before bed, which has evolved over the last few weeks to whole bars. As I am also exercising a fair bit at the minute (combination of running and indoor cycling), I justified being able to eat what I wanted even more.

Starting a month off alcohol today and no chocolate too. I will need something to appease the sweet tooth though, so suggestions are welcome!

Also going to try and use MyFitnessPal to try and keep a calorie deficit, but I find it a ballache when you’re making meals from stratch etc to accurately enter the details.

Not sure how it works now we’re about to go into Lockdown again, but always happy to run with anyone who needs a bit of motivation.

There is a calorie tracker called Nutra Check (at least on Android anyway) and I find that easier. It's also British rather than American which is easier (I think anyway)

SBAndy

Religious MFP user here. Prior to Christmas (I rewarded myself with 2 weeks of not logging food and put on 5lbs) I logged in for 114 consecutive days. The key to it is to add anything you’re likely to have more than once as a meal. Also then helps when deciding what you can have for dinner whilst fitting into your calorie allowance. I’d also say to just put in whatever you have - few beers put them in, takeaway try and put it in (or as close as you can). Hold yourself accountable for it and sometimes you’ll find that the calories saved throughout the week allow for a bit of a Saturday splurge.

Great_Expectations

There is a calorie tracker called Nutra Check (at least on Android anyway) and I find that easier. It's also British rather than American which is easier (I think anyway)

Looks like it might be Android only unfortunately!

Religious MFP user here. Prior to Christmas (I rewarded myself with 2 weeks of not logging food and put on 5lbs) I logged in for 114 consecutive days. The key to it is to add anything you’re likely to have more than once as a meal. Also then helps when deciding what you can have for dinner whilst fitting into your calorie allowance. I’d also say to just put in whatever you have - few beers put them in, takeaway try and put it in (or as close as you can). Hold yourself accountable for it and sometimes you’ll find that the calories saved throughout the week allow for a bit of a Saturday splurge.

I used it over summer pretty well, and as you suggest I was honest too with things like beer and chocolate - definitely felt guilty when adding those things!

I saw the meal option and am going to start using that. It’s small (and silly) things like how much cereal is in a bowl, or how to add a handful of peanuts etc!

robbiekeane

Harsh reminder that it doesnt matter how hard you workout if you eat shit. Gained loads of weigh despite running 120km in december including a half marathon. lol.

Great_Expectations

Harsh reminder that it doesnt matter how hard you workout if you eat shit. Gained loads of weigh despite running 120km in december including a half marathon. lol.

Exactly the same here - I did ~250 miles running and indoor cycling in December, yet still put loads on. It’s the mindset of ‘I’m exercising loads so I can eat what I want’ that I have to get out of!

Bertola

Been ensuring that I do something active every day in Jan so far, although after my NYE run, I've laid off that due to the Plantar Fasciitis flaring up, and trying to keep it to the exercise bike and walking with my lad (although as he's a 4 year old - theres not much pace!)

Found it helpful on the bike to set it up in front of the telly and watch Spurs v Leeds the other day, and cycled the full first half. Shower at half time followed by lunch, and the second half in peace.

Also helps not eating the amount of shite I was consuming over Xmas. Weighed myself this morning and I'm down 4.2 lbs. Decent start but still got a way to go. First target was to lose half a stone, then a stone, and so on.

fernandopartridge

Influencer

Users who are viewing this thread