Weight and working out (4 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

I've been working out at home with a resistance band and running round the park but prefer using proper weights and I find treadmills aren't as harsh on my ailing joints as pounding the pavement. I'll check this fella out though.
I only discovered him recently and he is the real deal. He's Katie Taylor's trainer the woman world champion boxer. He is rated highly also in the fitness world. I've watched some of his YouTube training programmes, and great for indoor and outdoor work outs. He shows that you don't need a lot of expensive gear to get fit and strong. Worth a look.

Flying Fokker

Creeping up towards 14st after doing precisely fuck all for about 2-3 months. Got lazy. Needs to change. Monday I’m getting back on it - fortunately I can shed weight quite easily when I get going so hoping to lose a stone or so over the next 8 weeks. Alcohol is the big one for me so will be switching back to Heineken 0.

bavaria is ok as well. I prefer it to any other 0%

larry_david

No drink or takeaways this month. See how we get on. Footy starts Mon in league format so that's two matches a week now as well as various jogs. I'm going to try get to the weight I've eyed up all year and then just continue my normal life banking on the exercise to keep me fairly level which it has been doing the last few months. 8lbs to go

Philosorapter

Now I am well into my fifth week of walking aimlessly around a park. I've gone from looking like an extra in a Living Dead film to getting up to a decent pace without stopping and stretching the stuff in my legs as well. My walk even now includes walking up a hill.

Trying to do 3 walks a day lasting for 40 minutes but it is taking a hell of a lot out of me.

Slowly getting there.

Kieranp96

Now I am well into my fifth week of walking aimlessly around a park. I've gone from looking like an extra in a Living Dead film to getting up to a decent pace without stopping and stretching the stuff in my legs as well. My walk even now includes walking up a hill.

Trying to do 3 walks a day lasting for 40 minutes but it is taking a hell of a lot out of me.

Slowly getting there.
I've been shit recently eating like crap and what not but getting back on it, tommorow starting with a 48hour fast then back to eating healthy, had a bad 3 weeks or so due to the loss of a family member but I've not out any weight on tbh.

jordan210

I always forget to update this. As soon as I do I stop losing weight haha

I am still slowly losing weight and getting close to my original goal. About 4 weeks away from it roughly.

I think once I make the goal I will need to update it and try and lose even more.

bringbackrattles

Read an article recently that stood out and both were about 2 elderly people who were asked about their longevity ?
The chap who is 87 said he hadnt been to a doctor for 70 years ! And that was to have a test for his National Service.
And the lady who had just reached a hundred, put her long life down to lots of walking as did the bloke.
He still walks everywhere and she lives in the Lake District and has walked all the mountains there and still goes for rambles. Both are teetotal and non smokers too. No mention in the article about genes, but both eat so called bad food like egg and chips etc. I had a customer on my round who died aged 101 and died in her own home and did her own housework. Incredible !

SBAndy

Creeping up towards 14st after doing precisely fuck all for about 2-3 months. Got lazy. Needs to change. Monday I’m getting back on it - fortunately I can shed weight quite easily when I get going so hoping to lose a stone or so over the next 8 weeks. Alcohol is the big one for me so will be switching back to Heineken 0.

Turns out I didn’t do anything about it. Topped out at 14st1. Heaviest I’ve ever been, so decided that was the point to start working on it. 2 weeks on and I’ve already dropped half a stone whilst still eating well - it’s not about starving yourself, just balance it well and you’re fine.

That said, had a particularly heavy Saturday afternoon/night this week and woke up Monday bloated as fuck. The drinking really does need to stop.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Get better soon.

Nothing like trying to keep fit to ensure your end up with an injury.

larry_david

Lost 9lbs through Sept. (no drinking or eating rubbish).

Had takeaway and 4 lagers Fri to celebrate and felt bloated all weekend so whilst I'm still motivated going to keep it up until mid Oct. Down to 13'9 which is my lowest since god knows when

Kieranp96

Get better soon.

Nothing like trying to keep fit to ensure your end up with an injury.
I be fine, won't eat like shit or drink like shit shouldn't ganin like 5 stone haha, as soon as its healed I will be out on it but until then I'm casted up, just awkward tryna get a shower got to cover that shit in a massive plastic bag.

Sky_Blue_Daz

So erm I got down to 17 stone, and I may or may of not broke my ankle 😂, so ima be laying of for a bit probably gona put a bit of weight back on but still gona be less than what I was at the start. Broke the ankle jumping rope, went over in it 😂.
Sorry to hear about the injury , have you broke it ? Did mine and my fibula last year and tore all my ligaments
Just seen that you had broken it sorry
Hope you have a speedy recovery 👍

Last edited:

Kieranp96

Sorry to hear about the injury , have you broke it ? Did mine and my fibula last year and tore all my ligaments
Just seen that you had broken it sorry
Hope you have a speedy recovery 👍
Yea broke it, just went over onx dot left it a few hours but just kept swelling went up to a and e and after a quick 20 min wait I was at the xray room, first time I've been a and e for years, got it cast up the following day, they told me what bone it wa so broke but I can't type or pronounce that shit for the life of me.

Flying Fokker

doing great with the fitness Kieran. Sorry to hear about the food injury. it must be frustrating.

jordan210

I swear every time I post on here about doing well. I get stuck on a weight.

Since the last time I posted I have now been stuck at the same weight for 2-3 weeks.

Staying positive as I have done well so far. But would be nice to finally shift this bit of weight that doesn't want to go !

jordan210

Haven’t updated for a while. Still slowly losing a little bit now and again. Need to be better with food at the weekend as that keeps jeopardising all my hard work.

Need to shift 3-5 pounds before Xmas so I hit my goal and have a couple of pounds spare.

xmas will be hard with all the food !

SBAndy

Indeed, I’m now down to 12st11 (from 14st1) and am pretty happy with where I’m at. It feels natural now to be eating at a calorie deficit which means I can still have a few beers and a/or a takeaway at the weekend. The running has also really helped.

chiefdave

While I was on furlough I've consistently been losing weight. A stone down roughly every six weeks.

Back to work and guess what? 2 pounds back on. Literally noting has changed apart from I was off work and now I'm back. Bet the doctor still denies stress is anything to do with it :mad:

SkyBlueDom26

Great getting back to the gym yesterday, lost so much strength mind but hopefully with muscle memory it isn't long before its back

hill83

Great getting back to the gym yesterday, lost so much strength mind but hopefully with muscle memory it isn't long before its back

Don't do what I did thinking I could lift what I could before and dive straight back into it. Technique will mean you will be able to do it, but I couldn't move for 3 days after.

SkyBlueDom26

Don't do what I did thinking I could lift what I could before and dive straight back into it. Technique will mean you will be able to do it, but I couldn't move for 3 days after.
Was benching 110 before lockdown but could only manage 1 rep of 70 yesterday.....the pain is real

Chest is aching like fuck today mind

hill83

Was benching 110 before lockdown but could only manage 1 rep of 70 yesterday.....the pain is real

Chest is aching like fuck today mind

tenor.gif

Sick Boy

I used to box a lot in my teens and early 20s and then lifted a lot of weights in later 20s - in my mid 30s I only need to lift for a month and the strength starts to come back quickly. It’s definitely worth putting in the work when you’re younger.

Ccfcisparks

Only me trying to put weight on then.
Me too fella. Usually quite a hard gainer, but been eating in a surplus so been putting on more. 72kg at 22 and 5"11. Didn't realise how tough it would be to eat substantial amounts when you are already full.

Users who are viewing this thread