Weight and working out (3 Viewers)

Ring Of Steel

I tried some of the "mass" stuff back in the day and although it did help with weights etc it also put a bit of mass on my gut.

I really don't like it, I don't feel 'fit & healthy' at all, just bigger. Plus I only just bought some new clothes to cater for the smaller waist, and I can't afford to trade back up :p

larry_david

Played first game of football tonight since March. Boy have I missed it. My fitness is probably better now than March though due to running so I was picking players off towards the end. I'm shattered now though. Debated sleeping in my chair because couldn't be bothered to drag myself to bed. Tomorrow morning may hurt

jordan210

A little update as haven't posted since July the 24th. I have been sticking to diet and working out a little bit more.

Lost about 5lbs in this time. Weight lose has slowed down last week or so not sure if I over ate without knowing it or need to re adjust my calories now im a bit lighter.

Coming up in next week or so is 2 month anniversary since I started this diet so hopefully I can get a big push in.

Nick

Administrator
A little update as haven't posted since July the 24th. I have been sticking to diet and working out a little bit more.

Lost about 5lbs in this time. Weight lose has slowed down last week or so not sure if I over ate without knowing it or need to re adjust my calories now im a bit lighter.

Coming up in next week or so is 2 month anniversary since I started this diet so hopefully I can get a big push in.

Fair play to you.

I have been fully keto, going to the gym every other day and I am struggling to lose a 1lb.

It isn't very motivating.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think the obsession with weight can be a bit hampering. I'll admit I don't need to focus as much on my weight (I'm 12st with a bit of a muffin top) but I find it far more motivating to focus on how I feel - do I have more energy? am I sleeping better? do I 'feel' healthier? Am I able to do things more easily without getting tired or out of breath? Even a look in the mirror occassionally and you look like you've got a bit more definition.

If what you're doing you're only doing aimed on what the scales say is going to be difficult to maintain, esp once the weight comes down a bit and it'll be far easier to lose motivation and go back to bad old habits. It's one of the main reasons I think dieting etc rarely works long term and is a yo-yo thing.

jordan210

Fair play to you.

I have been fully keto, going to the gym every other day and I am struggling to lose a 1lb.

It isn't very motivating.

Sounds like you will be losing fat just getting muscle so won't see loses.

m sure I have lost some muscle weight and still have a long way on my journey to get back to a weight I was happy with.

Philosorapter

To cut a long story, I have had some major health issues over the last few years. Really struggled to stay awake let alone to do physical exercise and all the assorted mess that comes with that. Last year was the first time which I had seen some green shoots. It was still though taking a two day rest period after any physical exercise for recovery.

Onwards and upwards including today, starting to do two forty minute walks a day. No more need for any recovery time. Right leg keeps giving out a bit, but hell. It's good to be back in the land of living. Sleep pattern getting back to normal as well. I think I am around a month or two away of shaking this thing off.

Kieranp96

To cut a long story, I have had some major health issues over the last few years. Really struggled to stay awake let alone to do physical exercise and all the assorted mess that comes with that. Last year was the first time which I had seen some green shoots. It was still though taking a two day rest period after any physical exercise for recovery.

Onwards and upwards including today, starting to do two forty minute walks a day. No more need for any recovery time. Right leg keeps giving out a bit, but hell. It's good to be back in the land of living. Sleep pattern getting back to normal as well. I think I am around a month or two away of shaking this thing off.
I always walk at night at like 10pm, I get in about 3 1/2 mile walk helps me clear my head & sleep easier been doing it for years.

Philosorapter

I always walk at night at like 10pm, I get in about 3 1/2 mile walk helps me clear my head & sleep easier been doing it for years.

I was quite athletic in my youth. Had two major health scares a few years apart which knocked me sideways.

It's good to have the zest for life reigniting within myself again. I have so much catching up to do. At that stage now where I am able to put plans into action.

Kieranp96

I was quite athletic in my youth. Had two major health scares a few years apart which knocked me sideways.

It's good to have the zest for life reigniting within myself again. I have so much catching up to do. At that stage now where I am able to put plans into action.
I've never been 'active' 😂, even when I was a kid I played football and rugby with friends but as soon as I finished school I done no excerise outside work and college but ate like shit, only past few years I piled in the weight though but on the plus I'm at my lowest weight since I was 18/2014 still alot more to do though I gotta improve my stamina soon can't run for more than 30 seconds.

covmark

Been smashing the gym again since they reopened. Eating healthier, ordered some supplements and generally feel much better. Tried keto about a month ago. Got through 2 weeks, but the headaches were horrific, so jacked it. Did lose 5lbs in two weeks though, considering I was 14 st 6lb, so not hugely overweight. That's good going. It's just not for me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I've been going that military fitness class regularly and starting to feel fitter now.

I'm still drinking too much I think so not lost any weight or maybe a few Ibs, going to give the 16:8 thing a go. Did the 5:2 for a while previously which worked quite well.

Kieranp96

I've been going that military fitness class regularly and starting to feel fitter now.

I'm still drinking too much I think so not lost any weight or maybe a few Ibs, going to give the 16:8 thing a go. Did the 5:2 for a while previously which worked quite well.
16/8 is easy. I omad so I fast pretty much the whole day apart from my one meal.

shmmeee

16/8 is easy. I omad so I fast pretty much the whole day apart from my one meal.

How big is your one meal? OMAD appeals to me with my unhealthy relationship to food.

Proper fell off the wagon while this house purchase is dragging on. Must’ve put on a stone easy.

Kieranp96

How big is your one meal? OMAD appeals to me with my unhealthy relationship to food.

Proper fell off the wagon while this house purchase is dragging on. Must’ve put on a stone easy.
Right now about 800 calories per day but that's why I've lost so much weight so fast, when I'm about 16stone I will start increasing it to about 1500.

SBAndy

Creeping up towards 14st after doing precisely fuck all for about 2-3 months. Got lazy. Needs to change. Monday I’m getting back on it - fortunately I can shed weight quite easily when I get going so hoping to lose a stone or so over the next 8 weeks. Alcohol is the big one for me so will be switching back to Heineken 0.

chiefdave

I've struggled a lot trying to get my weight down since it ballooned over 10 years ago thanks to some medical issues. When it said the side effect of medication was weight gain I thought it meant a few pounds, it didn't!

Working with my doctor I've tried all sorts of diets and exercise and all had all sorts of tests for everything they could think of and nothing has worked.

I've long suspected it to be stress related but the doctor dismissed this. The only time I've lost weight over that period was when I went on holiday to the US for 10 days back in 2010. As I wasn't losing weight I thought fuck it and just enjoyed the holiday and came back a stone lighter. Doctor put it down to walking more as I was out and about all day - never really felt that explained it.

Anyway since being furloughed I'm consistently losing weight every week and am now 2 stone down. Only can conclusion I can draw is that work related stress plays a huge role in my struggle to drop the excess weight. Nothing else has changed in terms of diet or exercise. Of course I'm still stressed as not knowing if you'll have a job or not in a few weeks isn't the happiest situation to be in but its different to the day to day stress of work. Not sure what the answer is there, not like retirement is an option!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I've struggled a lot trying to get my weight down since it ballooned over 10 years ago thanks to some medical issues. When it said the side effect of medication was weight gain I thought it meant a few pounds, it didn't!

Working with my doctor I've tried all sorts of diets and exercise and all had all sorts of tests for everything they could think of and nothing has worked.

I've long suspected it to be stress related but the doctor dismissed this. The only time I've lost weight over that period was when I went on holiday to the US for 10 days back in 2010. As I wasn't losing weight I thought fuck it and just enjoyed the holiday and came back a stone lighter. Doctor put it down to walking more as I was out and about all day - never really felt that explained it.

Anyway since being furloughed I'm consistently losing weight every week and am now 2 stone down. Only can conclusion I can draw is that work related stress plays a huge role in my struggle to drop the excess weight. Nothing else has changed in terms of diet or exercise. Of course I'm still stressed as not knowing if you'll have a job or not in a few weeks isn't the happiest situation to be in but its different to the day to day stress of work. Not sure what the answer is there, not like retirement is an option!

Do you notice yourself eating/binging more when you are at work.

I’ve had a few work related stress binges the last few weeks.

CJ_covblaze

I dropped from 103.5 in late April to 90.5kg in mid July. No real change in diet, just upped what I do. Gone up by a kilo since I’ve been back in the gym. Feeling a million times better. Ran my first sub 25 minute 5k for years today too which is a good sign.

CJ_covblaze

Just treated myself to the new cov shirt well preordered it, got in in a xl so gives me some motivation to get there faster, currently in a xxl from a xxxxl in January.

That’s awesome work. Well done!

chiefdave

Do you notice yourself eating/binging more when you are at work.

I’ve had a few work related stress binges the last few weeks.
Has been known to happen :D

These days I'm generally aware enough to know its happening and stop myself. Plus I work somewhere where there's not really anything to hand, no shops or cafes or anything like that so its a bit of a mission to go out and binge.

Ring Of Steel

Makes perfect sense. Stress = increased cortisol = your body becomes resistant to insulin = increased blood sugar & weight gain. There’s even a name for it- “stress belly”. There’s lots of info out there & ways to get around it, not all will work- as always everyone is different- but there will be a way that works for you.

jordan210

just to keep you guys updated.

After a few weeks of slow progress. This week the weight it falling off me. No idea why. not going to complain hopefully it doesn't come back on as quick as it feels like its coming off !

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

just to keep you guys updated.

After a few weeks of slow progress. This week the weight it falling off me. No idea why. not going to complain hopefully it doesn't come back on as quick as it feels like its coming off !

Body probably accepting the exertion isn't a one-off thing and so has upped it's metabolic rate to match your new activity levels.

stay_up_skyblues

Been dieting for five weeks now, cut back massively on the beer, treadmill everyday (5k) and bought some resistance bands (training all muscle groups three times a week).

Have lost almost a stone and can see some definition in the muscles for the first time in about 10 years 🤣.

I’m actually enjoying training again and would highly recommend the resistance bands. £25 for what is in effect a full home gym!

Onwards and upwards...

jordan210

I think I spoke to soon about weight falling off. The few days after that post nothing.

Been away for 3 days, so meals out and a few drinks each nights have pushed me back up a few pounds. Really shows what happens if you dont keep an eye on things !

Back to it then. Still need a lose another stone. So time to crack on !

clint van damme

Just been to the gym for the first time since lock down. Wasn't the ball ache I thought it would be.
Few things still not open but it wasn't too bad.

bringbackrattles

Just been to the gym for the first time since lock down. Wasn't the ball ache I thought it would be.
Few things still not open but it wasn't too bad.
Don't go to a gym but used to go to a couple years ago. I put a stone of weight on during the lockdown and felt sluggish. But due to being back on the window cleaning round I shifted the extra weight. Also have done some long walks too which has helped.
I've always like doing press ups ! Bit obsessed to be honest and you can do them easily at home, and even in your sixties as I am if you go steady and don't think you're Bruce Lee, I reckon they can be added to a fitness regime with no real adverse effect.

clint van damme

If unable to get to the gym and fancy some home fitness , check out a boxing and fitness coach called : Ross Enamait. Online and Facebook etc. No frills or bullshit like many just gets on with it.

I've been working out at home with a resistance band and running round the park but prefer using proper weights and I find treadmills aren't as harsh on my ailing joints as pounding the pavement. I'll check this fella out though.

Kieranp96

I think I spoke to soon about weight falling off. The few days after that post nothing.

Been away for 3 days, so meals out and a few drinks each nights have pushed me back up a few pounds. Really shows what happens if you dont keep an eye on things !

Back to it then. Still need a lose another stone. So time to crack on !
It's water weight in most cases the more carbs you consume the more your body retains water, on one of my cheats a few weeks ago I out on 9lbs in the day but 3 days later I had lost all that and a extra 2lbs.

jordan210

It's water weight in most cases the more carbs you consume the more your body retains water, on one of my cheats a few weeks ago I out on 9lbs in the day but 3 days later I had lost all that and a extra 2lbs.

I hope so. I did have a lot of carbs. We will find out. if not I will just have to work harder to lose it again!

Kieranp96

I hope so. I did have a lot of carbs. We will find out. if not I will just have to work harder to lose it again!
I don't even think your body could build fat that fast tbh, lower your carb intake for a few days and you see a drastic change, I'm currently eating zero csrb as I'm stalling at the moment,

Users who are viewing this thread