Weight and working out (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Hate all these stories about how stopping drinking is the best thing you can do for weight and mental health.

I’m basically tee total already 😭

Great_Expectations

I’ve set myself a pretty big running challenge to complete this year to fundraise for my chosen charity. I’m keen to be as trim and healthy as possible, partly as it’ll help with the challenge, but also if I’m going to be running a lot, then it’ll be nice to see some physicals benefits too!!

So I’ve been calorie counting, which I have seen some benefit from in all fairness, and I hate to say it, but cut back on the alcohol quite a lot. Generally I’ll have a few pints one night a week, but that’ll be all. Got quite into the AF stuff as some of it is pretty decent.

What are people using for calorie counting? I’m using MyFitnessPal. I tend to find I want a snack in the ‘mid afternoon slump’ (2-3ish) and crave something sweet in the evenings too!

What have peoples go to snacks been? And any recommendations to deter a sweet tooth?!

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve set myself a pretty big running challenge to complete this year to fundraise for my chosen charity. I’m keen to be as trim and healthy as possible, partly as it’ll help with the challenge, but also if I’m going to be running a lot, then it’ll be nice to see some physicals benefits too!!

So I’ve been calorie counting, which I have seen some benefit from in all fairness, and I hate to say it, but cut back on the alcohol quite a lot. Generally I’ll have a few pints one night a week, but that’ll be all. Got quite into the AF stuff as some of it is pretty decent.

What are people using for calorie counting? I’m using MyFitnessPal. I tend to find I want a snack in the ‘mid afternoon slump’ (2-3ish) and crave something sweet in the evenings too!

What have peoples go to snacks been? And any recommendations to deter a sweet tooth?!
I use what’s on the packet of most stuff. As for snacks, you can either make your own low calorie alternatives like yoghurt cakes, or:

Curators snacks are tasty, good protein source and 120 calories for most packs

Arla protein puddings and yoghurts

Any fresh fruit

Popcorn

Fridge raiders chicken packs

Sure others have more.

Great_Expectations

I use what’s on the packet of most stuff. As for snacks, you can either make your own low calorie alternatives like yoghurt cakes, or:

Any fresh fruit

Popcorn

Sure others have more.
I meant in terms of calories counting apps - I wasn’t very clear!

I hadn’t heard of the curated stuff and it looks pretty good, so thanks for the tip!

We’ve made a few home made bits, predominantly from the ‘Pinch of Nom’ healthy cookbook my partner already had. The Chocolate Banana Muffins are a favourite snack and/or breakfast and are pretty low calorie too.

Sick Boy

Any fresh fruit

Popcorn

Sure others have more.
They should have them there too but the Lidl protein puddings are next level. I go there to buy a tray of them at a time and have seen others do the same; you’ve been warned!

Users who are viewing this thread