Weekend of 9/11/2001 (1 Viewer)

kg82

So, I was interested to find out who we played 10 years ago on the weekend just before that horrible day. It turns out it was Grimsby. It also turns out we lost! And people say things have got worse :D:D:D

kg82

I don't remember the game at all, must have repressed such an awful memory! The protests ring a bell though.

Sutty

Yes, I remember Hedman wearing a cap and getting lobbed from 40-odd yards.

Phil Jevons was the scorer I believe :D

Changeyourface

Sums up how bad things were; I can remember a guy trying to get on the pitch to get at Strachan not only was it the most interesting thing in the whole game but the bloke came from the Main Stand for Christ sake!

On the actual day itself did we play peterboro in the leauge cup? winning on penalties after Carsley grabbed a last minute equalizer. I think i remember sitting in a grubby pub watching SSN wanting some team news but (understandedly) every channel was reporting the carnage unfolding in the States.

brinner

On the actual day itself did we play peterboro in the leauge cup? winning on penalties after Carsley grabbed a last minute equalizer. I think i remember sitting in a grubby pub watching SSN wanting some team news but (understandedly) every channel was reporting the carnage unfolding in the States.
yep, remember it well was sat in the pub by the ground watching the events unfold on the tv.

am sure hedman took a pen that night!

wingy

You lot rae amazing, the memories of elephants,just shows how seriously we all take it ,it rivals religion ,which is what those idiots based their idiology on .

Ernie Machin

I was living in LA.

I got the 'Are you alright' email about 50 times. I survived the tower collapse on the basis I was 3600 miles away.

wingy

I was living in LA.

I got the 'Are you alright' email about 50 times. I survived the tower collapse on the basis I was 3600 miles away.

the nearest i got to the twin towers was 1987 92 miles away .No victims just broken Tottenham hearts,sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread