Wednesday ratings (2 Viewers)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I thought Thomas and Kitching were both a little off today in possession, reckon partly down to the shocking pitch. Mostly defended well other than the farcical goal we conceded

wingy

I don't think we can be harsh over the pitch tbh it's been a problem for us over recent years l, unless it's a deliberate thing which I doubt?

skyblueelephant76

I don't think we can be harsh over the pitch tbh it's been a problem for us over recent years l, unless it's a deliberate thing which I doubt?
Their pitch has been like that for the last few seasons, doesn't look like they've tried to invest any money in sorting it out.

slowpoke

I’d go Collins , Milan, Kitching, Bidders 6
Thomas 8 Eccles 7 Sheaf 9
All the rest 7.
Word about Collins he’s okay generally but why doesn’t he catch the ball when it comes over the 6 yard box I’m not blaming him for their goal as he did get a hand to the first shot imo he should have caught the ball which bounced in the 6 yard box twice.
But another good win keep marching on.

Alkhen

Collins 7, good kicking today. At first I thought he palmed the ball back at their player for the goal but from replays it was all very quick and a decent first save.

Milan 6, not bad but didn't produce much

Kitching, 6 nearly dropped a bollock but recovered well. Looked slightly rusty

Thomas 7, steady and improving. He's 22!

Bidwell 6, didn't match his recent form

Sheaf 9, everywhere, adding goals. What a guy

Eccles 8, criminally underrated by some

Palmer 7, played out of position, worked really hard, showed needle and flare.

O'Hare 6, not at his best

Sakamoto 6, works very hard but didn't have any of his trademark moments today

Godden 6, ran the line well but didn't really get a sniff. Honestly think he has loads to give still but would be tempted to use him like we did against Oxford. Clever runs against tiring legs. Let the younger strikers do the running.

Lati & Allen, did fine and helped close the game out

Simms, looking a good target man. Has to start for me

Last edited:

stupot07

Collins 6
MVE 6
Thomas 9
Kitching 7
Bidwell 5
Sheaf 9.5 MOTM
Eccles 9
Sakamoto 5
O'Hare 6
Palmer 6
Godden 4

Subs
Lati 6
Allen 6
Simms 6

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Alkhen

We need a goalkeeper. It’s by far our weakest position.
Nonsense, we have two fine Championship standard goalkeepers.

Collins had a good game today, his kicking was excellent.

Question: who on earth do you think we could get that would be an upgrade?

Every keeper at this level has issues to work on. Even ones that are highly rated can make mistakes. Patterson at Sunderland is being linked to Liverpool and Man City yet had a stinker against us.

Offhegoes

Palmer MOTM.
Sheaf 9
Eccles 8
Thomas 8
O’Hare and Sakamoto were quiet today.
Some uncharacteristic errors today from Bidwell and Kitching.
Thought Wednesday looked alright. Think they’ll get out of the bottom 3.

ccfc1234

6s & 7s for Godden. Lord give me strength. What about his performance was above average?
It's called confirmation bias. People who like a player will typically see the good they do and rapidly forget the bad, the same is also true with players they despise. Godden and Eccles are two players particularly effected and seem to be overly adored and overly slated most weeks.

skyblue_55

This is a strange game to mark , as we outplayed, a typical league 1 thuggery team , but didn’t really get out of 2nd gear ……..is this another mark of how far we have come ?
Collins …seemed to prefer staying on his line , but better distribution. 6
Milan ….. not at his best , by a long way … 6
Thomas …… strong & brave , but always know there is a mistake in him ….7
Kitchin…….did what was needed & solid again alongside Thomas 7
Bidwell……. Some poor clearances, but on the whole Mr dependable ……7
Sheaf …..must be getting interest now from other clubs ….. solid , chipping in with goals & really looks the part …..9
Eccles ….. I must admit to being impressed by his latest performances & alongside Sheaf , he is getting better & better …..8
O’Hare ….. bullied , hacked at , you name it , they did it to our prize asset , with no protection from another incompetent ref & I hope he’s not injured by these thugs
…… 6.5
Palmer ….. teased & taunted them , with some great trickery & dribbling , but drifts in & out of the game , but at least lasted for 90+ minutes. 7.5
Godden ….. runs his heart out for the team & lives off scraps ….. 7
Saka …… not at his best & took a whack early in the game . None of his trickery on show today …… 6
Subs …… 5.5

harvey098

Palmer 5!? You are either mental or you are on a fishing expedition
On the dodgy stream with Sheff Wednesday commentary they said he was the best player on the pitch today (which obviously was actually Sheaf) but he is always the one talked about from our oppo’s fans / commentary

Users who are viewing this thread