Weather forecast... (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

Ok I'm in London, but the forecast isn't looking too good with heavy rain i Cov from 2pm right through till 8pm. What's it like up there? Is the game in danger of being called off? Obviously hoping for some pointers before I leave around 3pm...thanks.

ajsccfc

We've played home games when it was fairly heavy snow so I think it'd have to be a Biblical storm to get a game called off.

standupforcity

Well it's not raining now. In fact i can see a bit of blue sky...

Yep...that's what the BBC forecast says it should be right now, but from 2pm it's a different story...anyway anyway, here's hoping! Just wondering if anyone knows if the ground drains well since it was relaid for instance...

matesx

its dry in Holbrooks

tad on the chilly side

my face feels like its been botoxed after a quick stroll to Jubilee Crescent

Steve.B50

Looking a little grey in Hinckley after blue sky earlier.
Last time it rained all day we won 0-5 away lol

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Absolutely pissing down with rain here in Rugby. I hate these bloody wet, warm winters. Not like in the old days when we had 10 feet of snow and you could throw a bucket of water down your garden path to make an ice slide.......and we still went to school in a blizzard and they let us out to play and we were allowed to throw snowballs. Now its all crap. :D

skybluejelly

Absolutely pissing down with rain here in Rugby. I hate these bloody wet, warm winters. Not like in the old days when we had 10 feet of snow and you could throw a bucket of water down your garden path to make an ice slide.......and we still went to school in a blizzard and they let us out to play and we were allowed to throw snowballs. Now its all crap. :D

How many years have you been held back if you are still at school :)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

How many years have you been held back if you are still at school :)

When I was at Junior school the snow was almost as deep as me and I still played outside.....at least that's how it felt but that was in the 1960/70's so I could be exaggerating.

The Great Eastern

Yes, I remember those days. Some winters it was difficult to get to Stoke school without being chased by the pack of wolves that hung around Ball Hill. Polar bears swimming in the paddling pool at Stoke Green was also a bit of a bummer. Telling kids that today and they simply don't believe you...

Grendel

oakey

Thanks FL. Stupid rearrangement.

Nightmare motorway and weather to look forward to followed by chaotic traffic around the Ricoh.

I live in Dudley. Any suggestions which would be least painful M42 or M5/M6?

Grendel

Nightmare motorway and weather to look forward to followed by chaotic traffic around the Ricoh.

I don't know why this bothers you so much. I'm missing the game as I am in a work meeting until 7. It's life.

oakey

Weather here is very bad. Very heavy, squally rain and high winds.
Looking forward to leaving as soon as me laddo gets in from work. No tea just motorway for him.
I will let you all know later how it all went.
:whistle:
Bear in mind on a regular Saturday the journey door to Ricoh takes 40 minutes. I am only 35 miles away. Let's see how long it takes tonight. Google maps is estimating 58 minutes on M5 north then M6.
:thinking about:

PUSB

Gazolba

So the Ricoh does not have a roof? Seems like a serious oversight.

Ccfcisparks

Nice to see another Cov fan from Dudley, thought there was only those horrible dingles around here.

oakey

I don't know why this bothers you so much. I'm missing the game as I am in a work meeting until 7. It's life.

It bothers me since it is so unnecessary. FL could allow league games to be played in March or April when there are 7 weeks free of midweek fixtures. It worked perfectly well years ago when administrators had more consideration for fans. Of course if we had a severe winter they would have to reconsider but that is a remote possibility.

SkyblueBazza

I remember once I walked 3 miles to school (and back) in a raging blizzard. Icicles 4 feet long hung from the houses. It was the ridiculous Balaclava helmet that my mother knitted me that saved my life. Those were the days!
I did that once & there was a "School closed due to bad weather" sign on the gate when I got there!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

James Smith

I remember once I walked 3 miles to school (and back) in a raging blizzard. Icicles 4 feet long hung from the houses. It was the ridiculous Balaclava helmet that my mother knitted me that saved my life. Those were the days!

Walked all the way into work very early one day as snow had paralysed the South East when bus services weren't running. Got there made a hot drink, got ready to open up and then my phone rang. It was the boss who was calling me to say that we were going to be closed today. "Don't bother setting off" I said I was already there and was told to lock up and go home. Boss said whilst my dedication was admirable I was crazy for going out of the house. So I walked home again.

Fingers crossed for tonight.

oakey

Been on m5 north for 20 minutes. Travelled about 4 miles. Static now accident in outside lane.
Happy days

Users who are viewing this thread