Wealdstone Fc (1 Viewer)

ccfc_ukr

Just wanted to do a shout out to all at Wealdstone FC. They offered free parking (limited up to a certain amount of spaces) for city fans, and we got to use their facilities. We had a great time up there before and after the game, and dead easy to get to wembley on the tube that was 5 mins from the ground. Was speaking to some of the organisers and they said they had oxford last season and were approached by them again this season but decided to get the Cov fans in due to their connection with us through Stuart Pearce.

Good bunch of guys, really well organised and helped add to an amazing day!

pusbccfc

I somehow follow a few of their fans on twitter. Very well supported little club.

Fair play to them!

The Reverend Skyblue

I'm sure the famous clip of the drunk old fan "you aint got any fans, do you want some" was from Wealdstone.
They call him the Wealdstone Raider and I've just found the clip so all the above is correct

SonofErnie

Our mini bus with 16 of us went there yesterday. Arrived just before 11, had a couple of pints and a hot dog and walked about half a mile to take a tube from Ruislip station. A very easy tube journey each way with practically no waiting time and then a couple of pints after the match before leaving again at 7pm. Very easy and perfect hospitality offered throughout.

The noticeable thing was that they didn't try to get too greedy or overbook, so there was no charge for parking, it was very easy to get served and the food/drink was reasonable with a pint about £3.50. I would do it again in the blink of any eye if we ever got to Wembley again (unlikely I know!). The only thing which could have been the icing on the cake was an appearance from Mr Pearce!!

On a final note, Alan Poole and Andy Turner were both in attendance with a photographer, so expect something will appear on the Telgraph website, particularly as they publicised it beforehand

DionDublinsJockstrap

Echo everything said before. Apparently photos will be on Wealdstone website somewhere. Looked like a couple of hundred there, but these things always difficult to judge

Gazolba

Nice to hear of this but how do you find out about these things beforehand?

rob9872

Do you want some?

Monners

I saw Pearce play for Wealdstone at Kettering. Still have the programme "Promising 18 year old". Turned out about right

ps1948

Our party of 9 also enjoyed the hospitality at Wealdstone. Great example of the way volunteers and dedicated fans help out their club.
They also explained that QPR and Watford reserves play there, and they offer cheaper entrance to their matches for season ticket holders of other clubs. So many examples of how to run a club - SISU take note!

Users who are viewing this thread