Weak foot... (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Why is it our players are so poor with their week foot!?

Other than Baker, I've not seen a player confident with his 'weaker foot' this season.

Yesterday, in the final few minutes, Jordan Clarke was in the box on his left and failed to do anything with it?

For a professional football, you expect them to be able to use both feet (With the exception on Ash Cole and Robben...).

Nick

Administrator
Yep it annoys me, especially when they cant clear on their weak foot. I dont expect them to be able to hit the top corner on both feet everytime but at least be able to whack it clear rather than having to put it onto your other foot!

hill83

I'm right handed and left footed, I can pass with my right but forget about shooting.
Try throwing with your weak hand.

pusbccfc

When I wasn't in Goal I played left back, I could shoot pass and score with my left foot,yet I'm right footed,I believe It is to do with your brain patterns.As some goal keepers are better on one side than the other.

As I Sunday league player from a younger age, I practised heavily on my weaker side. Within a year I was as good with my weaker foot.

Don't get how these young lads like Cyrus and Clarke struggle to clear with their left peg.

Swanny80

You would think there would be more coaching that involves using the weaker foot at youth levels.

Baker is prime example. By no means was he on form yesterday but on that wing the ability to be able to go down the line or cut in onto the left foot is a great quality to have and is a full backs nightmare. Doesn't just apply to wingers of course but Baker cuts in well and his left foot shot created the winner v PNE.

stupot07

van persie is so one footed and he's worth millions,I can play with both feet yet was worth feck all.
that don't make sence.Sir Alex couldn't be asked to watch Cov & District sunday league.

Yep, I was also pretty good with both feet, it is a little frutrating watching the pros sometimes.

ohitsaidwalker king power

To be fair this failure isn't limited to CCFC.. many a top class Premier league player cannot use both feet either......

and I guess to answer your very valid question.. this is why many a lower league player remains just that can't use both feet and are average with just one? Premier league players cant use both feet- and in many cases outstanding with just one?

Mucca Mad Boys

When I wasn't in Goal I played left back, I could shoot pass and score with my left foot,yet I'm right footed,I believe It is to do with your brain patterns.As some goal keepers are better on one side than the other.

I literally can't dive left!

oakey

Unacceptable in a professional footballer. Drives me mad watching them contort their body to get on the right side of the ball. Shocking.
If I were a carpenter would I be allowed to use only a hammer.? Sorry can't use a saw.

SkyBlue_Bear83

van persie is so one footed and he's worth millions,I can play with both feet yet was worth feck all.
that don't make sence.Sir Alex couldn't be asked to watch Cov & District sunday league.

Rvp isn't that one footed, scored quite a few with his right foot

only a few top players are truly two footed

Users who are viewing this thread