we support the groundshare - sign here (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

I thought about the long term, and the rule of thumb is, when a business has no money, it goes into admin, and then liquidation... Is that the NOPM plan?

Tell you what, if we all club together, can you go on holiday somewhere with no internet for, say, 12 months? ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

I thought about the long term, and the rule of thumb is, when a business has no money, it goes into admin, and then liquidation... Is that the NOPM plan?

The plan is that by starving the club of money at Northampton it forces the owners to see that it makes absolutely zero financial sense to persist there.

DazzleTommyDazzle

It doesn't change history but it does change the future. To my mind it's at least 3 years where kids attending their first match won't happen. That's a cultural change isn't it and not one undone easily.

Couldn't agree more.

I was in Vancouver a couple of weeks back and went to a Whitecaps game.

I was genuinely shocked by how young the crowd were compared with what I've been used to watching our games - and that's before a self-imposed exile.

RoboCCFC90

It's that kind of loyalty which SISU hope to exploit to try and justify this insanity-I prefer to see not going as tough love which is harsh but necessary to try and secure a CCFC for future generations to enjoy.

I suppose at this point living in Devon makes it easier to keep away not that anything about this easy..

italiahorse

I absolutely agree with both of you and it is wrong, but it's so hard to try and tear yourself away, I really want to support the club, fact is I don't know what the best way to do that if we move to Northampton.

SISU have shown us no plans for us to return. We have seen no plans for what the new stadium will look like or where it is, yet ...
People are blindly talking about supporting SISU plan to move away from the Ricoh on the pretence that the players need supporting.
Even the players all want to play at the Ricoh (Murphy)

TF and Teddy Rosovelt Quote "Build it and they will come"

italiahorse

The plan is that by starving the club of money at Northampton it forces the owners to see that it makes absolutely zero financial sense to persist there.

.... and perhaps consider selling to someone else. No one wants to stay where they are not wanted (or supported) ...... eventually

Steve1974

I think the thread starter has a point. There are ppl who like SISU so please don't slate him. An opinion is neither right or wrong.

Now to my view. I support cov and always will. SISU have had many years to restructure the club to make it better and have failed. Badly. Ccfc should remain in Coventry.

So no, I won't be going until it's back in Coventry.

Sky Blue Kid

i think around 4000 loyal supporters will be cheering on the lads in Sky Blue

the rest will be outraged watching Jeff Stelling and Paul Merson... or shopping with the missus

You carry on thinking that mate, coz I don't think more than 2k tops...and 90% of them won't be able to shave yet!:D

Delboycov

Tell you what, if we all club together, can you go on holiday somewhere with no internet for, say, 12 months? ;)

I'll chip in! Good intelligent poster but his naivety when it comes to this groundshare and SISU in general has had me squirming! I'm starting to look back fondly to the days when he was studying for his exams ;) (Sorry SBT!)

Spencer

I'm still in shock - I always thought it was a game of bluff by SISU and in that regard I could see the merit on trying to force the rent down. Now, I'm just gutted that the b'stards own my club and I can see how relevant a good trust is to the future security of our club.

My lads about to turn 7 and i was intending taking him up for his game next season - not anymore - I can't follow a team playing in Northampton. They aren't my team. My team play in Coventry.

italiahorse

or gets sold. SISU have already committed to put the money in, they'll just have to put in a bit more until they realise they are wasting their time.

Nonleagueherewecome

wingy

Jeez you two late starters aren't very Cosmopolitan ,mine was Polish @ Junior School ....Biarta Pozniac :p:facepalm:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'm still in shock - I always thought it was a game of bluff by SISU and in that regard I could see the merit on trying to force the rent down. Now, I'm just gutted that the b'stards own my club and I can see how relevant a good trust is to the future security of our club.

My lads about to turn 7 and i was intending taking him up for his game next season - not anymore - I can't follow a team playing in Northampton. They aren't my team. My team play in Coventry.
There will be a lot of 5 to 10 year olds lost to the club forever but what do Sisu care?

Nonleagueherewecome

Jeez you two late starters aren't very Cosmopolitan ,mine was Polish @ Junior School ....Biarta Pozniac :p:facepalm:

My 3rd was of Ukrainian ancestry...that's quite exotic for Wolston...

simple_simon

it's easy for me.
If we don't play in Coventry its not Coventry City FC

We are not coming back to Coventry so I'm finished as soon as we play our first "home game" in Northampton.

It's not Coventry so I could not care less if they get relegated.
In fact, whilst SISU are in charge I hope they self destruct. I still have my memories of the real Coventry City. RIP

I can understand where your coming from,
If everyone did the same this sill mess would be over much quicker.
Cannot believe some will actually go o games at home away.
We should all boycott games a 100% stance would get the message over and would drop Fisher in his tracks

simple_simon

I absolutely agree with both of you and it is wrong, but it's so hard to try and tear yourself away, I really want to support the club, fact is I don't know what the best way to do that if we move to Northampton.

Do not go, starve them of every penny.JS will et the essayed when Fishface asks for another cheque every week

James Smith

Well the current formula for making millions is:

1. Don't sell any season tickets.

2. Put the club merchandise in a shitty stall outside a supermarket.

3. Don't sign up a club sponsor.

4. Don't reveal the new kit for fans to buy.

5. Move the team outside of the city most of its supporters identify with and have followed the club in for 130 years.

6. Move the academy away from a perfectly good facility to spite a charity.

What a concrete strategy.

I believe it's called the concrete overcoat strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread