We should not let this go, the game is corrupt to the core (1 Viewer)

napolimp

Oh the irony coming from you lol. Self awareness not your forte is it snowflake lol.

Next you will say calling him a bloke has upset you lmao.

Are you so dumb, you are not able to directly answer a question?

Do you refer to everyone by their religion?

SkyBlueAussie

Is it Offside when the player begins to kick the ball, or when it leaves his foot. Because O'Hare dinks it up in the air. By the time it leaves his foot then Wright is onside.

Robinshio

Is it Offside when the player begins to kick the ball, or when it leaves his foot. Because O'Hare dinks it up in the air. By the time it leaves his foot then Wright is onside.
it is when he first kicks the ball, which is mad - imagine a player balancing the ball on his foot for 2 seconds and then flicking it - a rule made for VAR

Sky Blue Pete

If they have the choice of 3 frames they should look at them all and take the decision based on what at least 2 out of 3 shows.
They agree which is most correct
The laws aren’t clear
Var try and make it in the attackers benefit
This screwed us as our player was holding back

Alan Dugdales Moustache

it is when he first kicks the ball, which is mad - imagine a player balancing the ball on his foot for 2 seconds and then flicking it - a rule made for VAR
If you rewatch the ITV coverage of the match they have gone back to the frame at the
moment the ball actually leaves O'Hare's foot and taken the measurements from there. As OHare scoops the ball up his foot is actually off the floor at the decisive moment.
This is a split second later than when O'Hare is dwelling on the ball and my guess is Wright will be onside .
Also , and I'm not sure whether this matters, the defender running back has his arm towards his own goal. If arms are included in measuring offside then Wright is onside easily.

Robinshio

If you rewatch the ITV coverage of the match they have gone back to the frame at the
moment the ball actually leaves O'Hare's foot and taken the measurements from there. As OHare scoops the ball up his foot is actually off the floor at the decisive moment.
This is a split second later than when O'Hare is dwelling on the ball and my guess is Wright will be onside .
Also , and I'm not sure whether this matters, the defender running back has his arm towards his own goal. If arms are included in measuring offside then Wright is onside easily.
Arms are not included

chiefdave

They agree which is most correct
What on earth is 'most correct'? If they're giving offside decisions based on players positions by a fraction of a millimetre and the idea that offside is not in anyway subjective, 'you're either offside or your not', then by definition there can only be one correct frame.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Get Over It GIF by Halloween

David O'Day

He wasn't I'm afraid Pete. Have you seen my screenshots in the 'Poll' thread?
they suffer from the same issues that the technology has i.e. the frame rate and pixelation mean you can not judge tight offsides

this is why this technology isn't being used after next year

Calista

they suffer from the same issues that the technology has i.e. the frame rate and pixelation mean you can not judge tight offsides

this is why this technology isn't being used after next year
Well the current rules and procedures are bonkers, and like you and everyone else I think changes to VAR are needed.

But my pictures in the Toenail Poll thread speak for themselves. The momentary offside was technically correct, which has helped me to live with what happened rather than endlessly dispute it. It's offside both at the moment COH strikes the ball, and immediately after he releases it, so frame rates make no difference. And it's easily more than a toenail, so pixellation doesn't come into it either.

I realise people will believe whatever they want, but happily I'm no longer suffering that sense of injustice.

Bad Boy

Mrs BB posed a question earlier and I have absolutely no idea what the correct answer is, here goes....

If Onana had been given a 2nd yellow card during the penalty shoot out and subsequently been sent off could a substitute goalkeeper be brought on?

I kind of think not but hey I don't know.

Anyone know?

Last edited:

shmmeee

Mrs BB posed a question earlier and I have absolutely no idea what the correct answer is, here goes....

If Onana had been given a 2nd yellow card during the penalty shoot out and subsequently been sent off could a substitute goalkeeper be brought on?

I kind of think not but hey I don't know.

Anyone know?

No. Has to be someone who finished the game.

Users who are viewing this thread