We should not let this go, the game is corrupt to the core (1 Viewer)

So, we've seen people saying that they deliberately manipulated which frame they used and painted the line over Wan-Bissaka's toe in order to get the outcome that they wanted.
Well the thing is, the line shouldn't even have been painted from his toe.

The laws are clearly stated here in this pdf: https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files...aws-of-the-game/2023-24/law-11---offside.ashx
(also see Law 11 - Offside )

They appear to have taken the pdf down now, but from memory it basically states that the head, body and foot is what is considered in offside calls and that the "body" is considered as starting at the armpit area (therefore, the shoulder).

Basically, Wan-Bissaka's torso / shoulder is closer to the goal than his foot and is categorically playing Wright onside.

I have drafted up some diagrams from two separate views in order to demonstrate.
Yke3KfR.png

tMKP9NM.png

(If they don't work, see here: )
For my own scrutiny, the pink lines are drawn based on parallel line mowing patterns on the pitch. These converge to give the vanishing point of the image. The blue lines are based on both the mowing of the grass and also the pitch markings, which are then lined up with the standing foot of Wan-Bissaka. A line is then drawn at normals to this line up to the shoulder in order to give the position on the pitch that correlates to where the defender is considered to "be" regarding the offside laws.
From this point on the pitch, a line is then drawn between it and the vanishing point in order to make a parallel line straight across the pitch at the position of the defender. As you can see, Wright is clearly behind this line in both images.

Even if you somehow doubt my images, you can clearly see from the FA's own images that the call was marginal in terms of using both player's feet, and yet they should not have been using Wan-Bissaka's foot, as his torso and shoulder were actually closer to the goal.

It was very telling how they normally deliberate on VAR calls for a very long period of time whereas with ours it was a quick decision to make sure they were not overly scrutinised. Notice how the pundits were very quick to say it is the correct call and sweep it under the rug too. They are trying to spin it that it is the rule that is wrong and needs changing rather than there is foul play at work here.

We should not let this go and need to make as many people aware of this as possible. It has been obvious that the game has been corrupt for years, but with VAR it just gives them more leverage to come to the decisions that they want to.

MalcSB

So, we've seen people saying that they deliberately manipulated which frame they used and painted the line over Wan-Bissaka's toe in order to get the outcome that they wanted.
Well the thing is, the line shouldn't even have been painted from his toe.

The laws are clearly stated here in this pdf: https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files...aws-of-the-game/2023-24/law-11---offside.ashx
(also see Law 11 - Offside )

They appear to have taken the pdf down now, but from memory it basically states that the head, body and foot is what is considered in offside calls and that the "body" is considered as starting at the armpit area (therefore, the shoulder).

Basically, Wan-Bissaka's torso / shoulder is closer to the goal than his foot and is categorically playing Wright onside.

I have drafted up some diagrams from two separate views in order to demonstrate.
Yke3KfR.png

tMKP9NM.png

(If they don't work, see here: )
For my own scrutiny, the pink lines are drawn based on parallel line mowing patterns on the pitch. These converge to give the vanishing point of the image. The blue lines are based on both the mowing of the grass and also the pitch markings, which are then lined up with the standing foot of Wan-Bissaka. A line is then drawn at normals to this line up to the shoulder in order to give the position on the pitch that correlates to where the defender is considered to "be" regarding the offside laws.
From this point on the pitch, a line is then drawn between it and the vanishing point in order to make a parallel line straight across the pitch at the position of the defender. As you can see, Wright is clearly behind this line in both images.

Even if you somehow doubt my images, you can clearly see from the FA's own images that the call was marginal in terms of using both player's feet, and yet they should not have been using Wan-Bissaka's foot, as his torso and shoulder were actually closer to the goal.

It was very telling how they normally deliberate on VAR calls for a very long period of time whereas with ours it was a quick decision to make sure they were not overly scrutinised. Notice how the pundits were very quick to say it is the correct call and sweep it under the rug too. They are trying to spin it that it is the rule that is wrong and needs changing rather than there is foul play at work here.

We should not let this go and need to make as many people aware of this as possible. It has been obvious that the game has been corrupt for years, but with VAR it just gives them more leverage to come to the decisions that they want to.

The only picture I have seen with a vertical line was where the vertical went to AWB’s armpit, not his shoulder. There is obviously quite a difference - more than a toenail- between armpit and shoulder. As you can score with your shoulder, then the measurements should be from AWB’s shoulder as you have done. AWB’s shoulder is advanced as he is running, Haji is standing still.

Tommo1993

We’re all frustrated but most of us are trying or have already moved on. Massive game tonight, cba to think of what’s behind us now.

skybluelee

We’re all frustrated but most of us are trying or have already moved on. Massive game tonight, cba to think of what’s behind us now.
Fucking hell, you're a bet man then me. I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able to move on. I felt angrier on Monday than I did on Sunday, angrier again on Tuesday, and even more so today. I reckon the wife will kick me out if I don't stop banging on about it reasonably soon.

Sick Boy

If it was actually corrupt, we wouldn't have been awarded the penalty. Not going to lie I have been feeling very low but am starting to get over it; we need to let it go.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

OHare scooped the ball up to Wright. He didn't chip it. When you scoop the ball up.your foot travels with the ball off the ground. That's not what I see .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I don't buy the corruption line. Why not overrule the penalty? I think its a combination of incompetence by the people making the decision, and VAR itself, both of which are destroying football. That's not to say we shouldn't be shouting from the rooftops about it. But corruption? Nah.
If the penalty was overruled it would have made it too bleedin' obvious what was going on..

Brighton Sky Blue

Fucking hell, you're a bet man then me. I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able to move on. I felt angrier on Monday than I did on Sunday, angrier again on Tuesday, and even more so today. I reckon the wife will kick me out if I don't stop banging on about it reasonably soon.
Ultimately worse things will happen to you in life than this. The record books will show one result, the world saw another.

Focus on Hull tonight

Tommo1993

Oh I’m not totally past it. The goal was wrongly ruled out, it wasn’t half as dissected as it should have been. But since all that I ended up down a horrible rabbit hole, obsessed with a justice we’re not gonna get from it.

People are getting into a really big rut, it’s actually quite worrying.

Happy_Martian

Give it an absolute rest.

We as fans can't do anything.

It's up to the club.

They know the situation and will challenge if there is
a) any allowance to challenge
b) if they see something that can be factually challenged.

But what are you expecting ? A do-over ? The game given to us ? Financial recompense ?

Do you realise that if the FA/PGMOL give in to just one case, they will be inundated with cases complaining. They won't do it.

The Toenailgate case is done, ended, finished, kaput, klaar, skończony, hoàn chỉnh

Stop worrying about what happened. Get excited about what will happen.

procdoc

Just let it go. It’s not going to change anything. Put the energy you’re wasting into supporting the lads tonight

Covcraig@bury

Also a question that needs to be asked :-
Simms goal against Wolves had taken around 5 minutes hence the added time . But Torps took less than 25 seconds !!!!

Covcraig@bury

Happy_Martian

FFS, conspiracy theories all over the place. And as usual, no or completely false facts are given.

Thomas Bramall is from Sheffield and reffed our game against Birmingham. I even joked beforehand about whether he supported United or Wednesday (guessed United from his surname : Bramall - Bramall Lane)

And he was 4th official Sunday, nothing to do with the offside call or VAR.

Happy_Martian

Also a question that needs to be asked :-
Simms goal against Wolves had taken around 5 minutes hence the added time . But Torps took less than 25 seconds !!!!

Again, different scenario. Handball is different to offside. They don't draw lines up peoples bodies to identify handball. And both Simms' and the defenders arms were close together so you couldn't see where the ball touched. Which is why it was ultimately undecided.

And the offside call still took over 95 seconds. Time it, game is still on BBC Sounds. I just did, rather than make up figures.

So please Craig, give it a rest.

andrew.roberts

I feel as aggrieved as anyone but the positive I take is that we were the winners on the day as far as everything but the result is concerned. We have raised our global profile exponentially and shown the world what magnificent support we have.
Whether we were cheated or not the moral victory will always be ours.

Happy_Martian

I feel as aggrieved as anyone but the positive I take is that we were the winners on the day as far as everything but the result is concerned. We have raised our global profile exponentially and shown the world what magnificent support we have.
Whether we were cheated or not the moral victory will always be ours.

Exactly this. We may not be as financially better off from missing the final.

But from reading other forums and Twitter, we have gained the respect of other fan bases and clubs.

And in some circles, that is far more profitable than finances.

We held our heads up high, sang our songs, praised our players and showed pride in the colours of our club.

We've gained fans from that outing, a longer lasting impact than a couple of quid that would go on a weeks wage.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly this. We may not be as financially better off from missing the final.

But from reading other forums and Twitter, we have gained the respect of other fan bases and clubs.

And in some circles, that is far more profitable than finances.

We held our heads up high, sang our songs, praised our players and showed pride in the colours of our club.

We've gained fans from that outing, a longer lasting impact than a couple of quid that would go on a weeks wage.
Have we actually gained fans or just people on Twitter saying things?

Give it 2 weeks they won't be able to name a single player and won't even remember when it's not trending.

Nick

Administrator
He’s got a point though, nobody has actually come out and explained how it’s offside, can’t change the result but at least give Us an explanation because the Lines they used on the day don’t prove it ?

Exactly. They should release the audio and have to explain what brought them to the decision.

It was a massive game, potentially millions of pounds for the club if we went through.

Happy_Martian

Have we actually gained fans or just people on Twitter saying things?

Give it 2 weeks they won't be able to name a single player and won't even remember when it's not trending.

We have peoples sympathy and therefore their interest. They are more likely to follow us and get engaged.

Doubt we'd have similar levels getting beaten 4-0 by City in the Final.

ProfessorbyGrace

Is anyone else actually seeing that these ‘persons’ trying to incite ‘action against the injustice’ are merely the same WUM’s and Sock Puppet accounts that are PLAGUING this forum, daily.

New member after new member, signing up from nowhere, seemingly, with the same writing styles, lexicons and grammatical nuances as certain obvious characters, on here.

Give it a bloody rest, and quit winding everyone up. You know who you are.

messiahrobins

Is anyone else actually seeing that these ‘persons’ trying to incite ‘action against the injustice’ are merely the same WUM’s and Sock Puppet accounts that are PLAGUING this forum, daily.

New member after new member, signing up from nowhere, seemingly, with the same writing styles, lexicons and grammatical nuances as certain obvious characters, on here.

Give it a bloody rest, and quit winding everyone up. You know who you are.
You do realise the admin team on here will have IP addresses of accounts don't you?
This country is a democracy where we have freedom of speech.

Users who are viewing this thread