We NEED to appeal that. (2 Viewers)

messiahrobins

Just a cock up. thats cost us Millions of pounds......

The thing that doesnt sit right with it. It how quick it took. in prem games matches have been stopped for minutes for VAR offside checks.
The placid members here wont like it, but this conspiracy and cheating will get called out more and more. It wasnt actually even close to offside, i have watched it live now on the telly as i recorded it and it was miles onside.

messiahrobins

No but there is a chance money as compo either from the fa or Utd like take the whole fee from the match
No way Man utd will pay compensation, its not their fault and there is no claim against them. The claim is against the FA and for those who dont like it, legal proceedings against the FA are likely coming from many clubs about various different things as the FA's corruption is beginning to be obvious, our case just the tip of the iceberg

David O'Day

While I’m not saying 100% someone has fucked us for United to get in the final, it is FAR from delusional. The corruption in the game goes far higher than most can think of. The stories I’ve been told by someone who used to work with them have blew my mind. Even stuff like FFP, it favours the cabal of clubs at the top and it’s usually them who get their way. The fact we’ve had no statement from the club about the decision is shocking tbh. Can understand Robins doesn’t like to blame officials, but this is a little different with VAR.
there's not a chance that has happened

messiahrobins

While I’m not saying 100% someone has fucked us for United to get in the final, it is FAR from delusional. The corruption in the game goes far higher than most can think of. The stories I’ve been told by someone who used to work with them have blew my mind. Even stuff like FFP, it favours the cabal of clubs at the top and it’s usually them who get their way. The fact we’ve had no statement from the club about the decision is shocking tbh. Can understand Robins doesn’t like to blame officials, but this is a little different with VAR.
You are the most sensible poster here as everything you say is correct and i too know about the FA as my ex wife used to work there, and the corruption at the FA has been there for decades, it is endemic. TV companies have always held significant sway over them as they do in other sports.
It seems fans of other EFL clubs are more angry about this than our own fans which beggars belief really. Leeds fans are calling out conspiracy and cheating almost unanimously from what i can see.

messiahrobins

Again, it’s nuts.

But the club seem to have no interest at all in kicking up any sort of fuss about it. Terrible call from there side imo.
The Club is probably aware of the massive increase in profile they now have and the new support they are picking up globally so will be careful not to create a controversy. I agree with you entirely, but from the club's perspective revenue wise our sudden increase in stature could well offset the lost income from making the final and they don't want to jeopardise that by creating negative headlines.
Sunday has catapulted us to proper big club status, we may for example now be a bigger pull globally than say Nottingham Forest and Everton for instance profile wise, and i use them as examples as those two clubs are bigger than us with more history, but as of right now we may be picking up new fans in the thousands/millions across the globe. That Semi Final was huge.
I totally agree with you as you know as for me what happened is beyond Coventry City and about the integrity of the game as a whole, but from a Sky Blue perspective, i can see why the club is happy to just revel in the adulation and move on even if i disagree with it.

Frostie

The club realy should be requesting the audio and images.

I just want an explanation of why the line goes through Wan-Bissaka's foot.

The only mention of it is in Dale Johnson's article here, he claims the line looks thicker as they added a 2nd line as the boot is in the air, it very obviously isn't though unless he's somehow levitating?

Screenshot_20240423-163511.png
20240422_203935.jpg
20240423_161951.jpg

RegTheDonk

Another angle
And as per the post above this - this angle mage shows Haji level.

It's not scientific and not backed up with a £multi-million VAR system - but I did a few crude lines using the cut of the grass and, to be fair, my lines make Haji look a couple of feet offside.

We can't be 100% sure either way - we do have the moral high ground however and the backing of most football fans and pundits. So that will have to do as we will never know for sure.

robbiethemole

The only mention of it is in Dale Johnson's article here, he claims the line looks thicker as they added a 2nd line as the boot is in the air, it very obviously isn't though unless he's somehow levitating?

View attachment 35316
View attachment 35318
View attachment 35319
has the ball been played by Callum yet tho? If not, Wan-Bissaka will be even closer to the goal as Haji is stationany

Frostie

has the ball been played by Callum yet tho? If not, Wan-Bissaka will be even closer to the goal as Haji is stationany
Those snips are from the ones presented by TV/VAR as the frame they used. I've already said what I think about that whole scenario in the other thread, it's not fit for purpose but just accepted anyway.

I have never seen the line drawn through a player's foot before though. It looks like it's in the wrong place...
Unless he's wearing these?

41uxz5SFDsL._AC_UY900_.jpg

messiahrobins

The same Starmer who laughed at Coventry a while back?
I wont be voting for his party, but Starmer is an intelligent bloke and he will be smart enough to read the room on this and the national fury of Coventry being cheated out of an FA Cup final appearance, hence that statement, which is very unusual for a politician to do, as he realises its a vote enhancer.
That being said as i told @rylee i can see why the club will keep quiet and move on, the attention we are getting is beyond the club's wildest dreams.

Brighton Sky Blue

I wont be voting for his party, but Starmer is an intelligent bloke and he will be smart enough to read the room on this and the national fury of Coventry being cheated out of an FA Cup final appearance, hence that statement, which is very unusual for a politician to do, as he realises its a vote enhancer.
That being said as i told @rylee i can see why the club will keep quiet and move on, the attention we are getting is beyond the club's wildest dreams.
Robins will only be bothered about Hull. That said this VAR fuck up seems to have caught attention much more than the average one.

messiahrobins

Robins will only be bothered about Hull. That said this VAR fuck up seems to have caught attention much more than the average one.
Which has been my central theme on here, which seems to have upset a few for some reason.
Agree about Robins, he will consign that Cup match to history as ultimately it doesnt have any impact on the project other than give the players more confidence in themselves, the league does as thats the bread and butter.
After today i shall forget about the Cup game as well as ultimately, however we feel about the PL, ultimately from a financial perspective we have to get up there so we have to look forward not back.

TewkesburySkyBlue

Having thought deeply about it I think there is good reason for a legal challenge not necessarily to change the result but to ban VAR forever.
That would get massive support across the football community.

wingy

Having thought deeply about it I think there is good reason for a legal challenge not necessarily to change the result but to ban VAR forever.
Not sure about that plenty think it's fine if they amend it,with you though!

shmmeee

Cant do it on mobile, but if you’re watching YouTube and want to go forwards one frame pause the video then press the full stop key to go forward a frame and the comma key to go back a frame.

steve cooper

View attachment 35318
This picture tells a different story to post 117 in the Thread Peter Bankes Needs Investigating. Haji is pointing to where he wants the ball played and is in the process of moving in that direction with the defender moving towards goal.

messiahrobins

View attachment 35316
View attachment 35318
View attachment 35319
I posted all afternoon why Wright was not off side, and why there was an obvious conspiracy. The above proves me right conclusively.
However, the fact even Keir Starmer effectively called out the conspiracy, his words were very cleverly done, means this incident, and the Nottingham Forest comments, has obviously piqued the interest of politicians who clearly for a while now have been scrutinising the FA and PL.
Anyway, we won, we can move on as we probably have been saved an absolute humiliation by Man City in truth. They will humiliate man utd.

messiahrobins

There are grounds for a legal claim for lost revenue, albeit i would think we may get some compensation but have to sign a NDA.

napolimp

Which has been my central theme on here, which seems to have upset a few for some reason.
Agree about Robins, he will consign that Cup match to history as ultimately it doesnt have any impact on the project other than give the players more confidence in themselves, the league does as thats the bread and butter.
After today i shall forget about the Cup game as well as ultimately, however we feel about the PL, ultimately from a financial perspective we have to get up there so we have to look forward not back.

Not sure why you think people are upset? Can't speak for everyone else, but have had enough of your incessant littering of the forum with multiple threads on the same subject, with about a million words in each weirdly constructed post.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He isn’t
I completely agree. One thing that seems to be overlooked is that a lot of people aren't questioning the timing of that decisive VAR still frame .
O'Hare has the ball at his feet. There is no indication whatsoever that it is in the process of leaving his boot at this precise moment , For all we know that ball could be released a split second later and all the time the United defender is backpedalling .

Last edited:

napolimp

I completely agree. One thing that seems to be overlooked is that a lot of people aren't questioning the timing of that decisive VAR still frame .
O'Hare has the ball at his feet. There is no indication whatsoever that it is in the process of leaving his boot. He's standing almost still. For all we know that ball could be released a split second later and the United defender is backpedalling.
The actual footage (the tiktoc one particularly) shows OHare actually hesitated before chipping the ball on . This still could be from any time during that split second pause and Could have easily been manipulated to suite the narrative of an all Manchester final.

Hate that I'm engaging in this, but by the same token surely the ball could have already left his boot a split second earlier? In which case, as Wan-Bissaka was moving towards his own goal at pace, a frame a split second earlier would have had Wright further towards an offside position.

Users who are viewing this thread