We need a full time fitness coach (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

as simple as that and a disgrace as a pro football club we did not have one last season

AFCCOVENTRY

How can any pro sports team not have a full time fitness coach? Beyond me.

We have lost some very good fitness coaches over the years. But why we didn't have one last season was suicidal.

Grendel

A serious question -- how many League One clubs have a full time fitness coach?

Marty

If the players actually gave a shit then they'd dip their hands in their pockets and employ one themselves.

Nonleagueherewecome

Probably not many.

Christ, we sound like some Dickensian lady thumbing her nose upon being given a tour of the slums! I'm pretty confident most L1 clubs own their own ground, and can manage to afford a fitness coach! This is L1 we are going into-it's pro football, y'know! We aren't playing in the Midland Alliance next season! Maybe the season after next, but that's an entirely different matter...

Lord_Nampil

What i find stupidly under used Is Warwick University!!!

Isn't that where all coaches get trained??

Surely we could get a qualified graduate Fitness coach from there???

Or am I barking up the wrong tree??

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What i find stupidly under used Is Warwick University!!!

Isn't that where all coaches get trained??

Surely we could get a qualified graduate Fitness coach from there???

Or am I barking up the wrong tree??

Very valid point. Surely the students would appreciate the chance to work alongside a pro club. Not being a student I can't think of the term that would be used with uni students, but it could be along the lines of work experience!

WillieStanley

<p>It would be a placement. What an excellent idea! Although, City have never been great at inter organisation networking, have they!

Grendel

Christ, we sound like some Dickensian lady thumbing her nose upon being given a tour of the slums! I'm pretty confident most L1 clubs own their own ground, and can manage to afford a fitness coach! This is L1 we are going into-it's pro football, y'know! We aren't playing in the Midland Alliance next season! Maybe the season after next, but that's an entirely different matter...

You may be right but it is a very different lifestyle down there. I remember years ago i went to Shrewsbury on business and on a couple of occasions stopped at the local Safeway. There was Kevin Radcliffe and the team buying their breakfast. Funnily enough the guy I was visiting was an associate director at the club. He said that's how it is . They never stopped in hotels and stopped for chips on the way home from match days. My guess is very few would have full time fitness coaches as it is not a full time activity .

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I have posted a couple of features about Northampton Town's full-time fitness coach. Ours works with us, Leicester Tigers and Loughborough University. The demands and muscle usage of all three will be very different; and there's no way he can build familiarity with such a number of athletes reliant upon his experience; compared with someone who's sole experience and remit is a squad of 20 football players

wingy

<p>It would be a placement. What an excellent idea! Although, City have never been great at inter organisation networking, have they!
Was'nt this aspect featured in OGWE's great oratation in september,about building ties with acedemic establishments within the community .

dick turpin

Very valid point. Surely the students would appreciate the chance to work alongside a pro club. Not being a student I can't think of the term that would be used with uni students, but it could be along the lines of work experience!

I think they did this last season?? :thinking about: They used a different coach each day/session so as to be fair to all coaches on the course.

or why not just put a wanted Fitness coach sign up £300 pw :D

Nonleagueherewecome

You can t polish a turd

No, but you can at least get your turd in tip-top condition with a decent diet. There's a double meaning to this, which means I'm claiming it as a "pun".

Users who are viewing this thread