We might as well... (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

...get rid of the entire squad in January and bring in 22 new players be they loans, free transfers whatsoever. What harm could it do as with this squad we'll do well to win another three games this season and will go down with our lowest points total ever. Might as well roll the dice completely and take a risk.

Otis

...get rid of the entire squad in January and bring in 22 new players be they loans, free transfers whatsoever. What harm could it do as with this squad we'll do well to win another three games this season and will go down with our lowest points total ever. Might as well roll the dice completely and take a risk.
You can only get rid of those on contract if someone else wants them.

Unless of course you pay them all off. We're in a really healthy position to do just that I would have thought aren't we!!!

Gosford Green

Not looking good.
The only plus is we are not yet cut adrift at the bottom.

However I just can't see how this squad can manage a win.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Well one thing we do know for certain is that with this squad we'll probably be relegated by early March. Tinkering around the edges won't do, this has to be massive changes. Either we massively roll the dice in January or we just accept our fate. I'd prefer the former.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Out of the starting 11 today, maybe the goalkeeper, Sterry, Rose, Sordell are actually good enough to be in a reasonable League 1 XI. I'd bin off as many of the rest as soon as is reasonably possible, starting with the loans. If we want to stay up they need to go.

The reality of League 2 is closer than many think.

coop

Fucking conference side two years ago even though they have a rich owner disgraceful result.

Liquid Gold

Out of the starting 11 today, maybe the goalkeeper, Sterry, Rose, Sordell are actually good enough to be in a reasonable League 1 XI. I'd bin off as many of the rest as soon as is reasonably possible, starting with the loans. If we want to stay up they need to go.

I think we'll struggle in league two with this team

st john

Add to that, we have Stevenson (at the moment), Willis is border line good enough, and maybe Stokes will be fit sooner or later. We are very fortunately only 2 points off safety ATM and at this point I am still hopeful we can get things right in the transfer window.

stevefloyd

After my initial knee jerk reaction on the match thread.IF we had some steel thro the centres of defence midfield and striker positions with real winners playing I think the squad would improve quite dramatically.. over to Mr Slade and co to try to find these elusive players... having said that I wouldnt be too troubled no matter which player we got rid of

Nick

Administrator
After my initial knee jerk reaction on the match thread.IF we had some steel thro the centres of defence midfield and striker positions with real winners playing I think the squad would improve quite dramatically.. over to Mr Slade and co to try to find these elusive players... having said that I wouldnt be too troubled no matter which player we got rid of

Agree, a nasty bastard in each position who will be giving digs in the ribs and causing a nuisance to the other teams. Somebody who may not be Messi or Ronaldo but would die trying to win and won't let anybody else on the pitch slack either.

Terry Gibson's perm

I am sure somebody texted in that we need a leader like Lloyd McGrath and Linnell got so excited, has my mind gone but was he just a dog of a player who stopped talented ones now and again?

We need power in the side and as Nick says nasty bastards.

clint van damme

Just to clarify. i gave this post a like because I agree with it, I don't actually like it because it's depressing though sadly I think it's close to the truth.

Chipfat

I bet Slade had the shock of his career yesterday. Taking training and watching players will have told him something, but watching the game would tell him all about the players who played. He must see now what he has got himself into.

The most worryingly thing for me is his comments about Venus, if he is depending on him to help it could get worse. If he cant see already he has been brought in because the others have no clue then we could be seeing a real mess unraveling very quickly.

Let's hope he can act quick, turn this round as if he doesn't staying in this league will become near on impossible.

christonabike

I wouldn't be suprised if Slade fooked off in January! No hope no money and I'm sure he doesn't want to be labelled the manager who got Coventry relegated!
(We know he isn't to blame but others will over look that !)

Cov kid 55

I am sure somebody texted in that we need a leader like Lloyd McGrath and Linnell got so excited, has my mind gone but was he just a dog of a player who stopped talented ones now and again?
Ooh aha Lloyd McGrath. Did a very good job over 12 years in a strong Cov team. Not the most creative, but we had others to do that. His centre came off Gary Mabbut's knee at Wembley, and the rest is history..... A dog of war, yes, and a key part of arguably our best ever team.
We need power in the side and as Nick says nasty bastards.

Sterling Archer

Turnbull's the one I can't get my head around. Player of the season for Swindon two years ago, highly rated at Southampton , signed for a fee and has just not been good enough really.

I still think there is a decent player in there somewhere, there has to be or the Cov curse is "real".

Disclaimer - Despite the post above not being about SISU, I still think they're a bunch of shits and I apologise to those of you who are offended by any post which isn't a pop at SISU.

Terry Gibson's perm

I wouldn't say our best side but our most successful but the competition is small.

Users who are viewing this thread