We have to be in with a shout (1 Viewer)

craigSKYBLUE

Surely we have one of if not the strongest squad in this league.sheff utd lost a few bought 1.we look a bit thin up top but hopefully thorn sign one or two next week.i would like a pacy winger though.

I agree. I placed my bet to win the league this morning at 10-1 before we come down anymore. When we sign a couple of strikers in the coming weeks, we will be favourites.

Anyone think SISU may have been planning a Southampton style climb? Drop down a league to offload anyone on high wages and then come back into the championship with a strong, cheap squad? Sell a couple of the players that we have brought in this summer at profit and build to reach the holy land?

kingharvest

I agree. I placed my bet to win the league this morning at 10-1 before we come down anymore. When we sign a couple of strikers in the coming weeks, we will be favourites.

Anyone think SISU may have been planning a Southampton style climb? Drop down a league to offload anyone on high wages and then come back into the championship with a strong, cheap squad? Sell a couple of the players that we have brought in this summer at profit and build to reach the holy land?

I don't think this was their plan when they came in. I don't think they really had a plan. However, over the past 6- 12 months, i think they've realised if they're going to try and get money back, they need to strip out the big earners, rebuild and as you say, climb back up the leagues in a southampton/norwich style.

However, if you think for one minute they actually had a plan!!!

procdoc

the difference is Norwich had Grant Holt and Southampton had Ricky Lambert. If someone like Cody Mac turns out to be a goal getter in League One we will be in with a shout. The aforementioned teams built young squads around Holt and Lambert so I'm hoping we can do the same

We are going to sign our striker next week I reckon. IIRC Cody was prolific in league 2(?) the season before last so no reason why he can't do it again.

junglej13

I cant believe sheff utd are faves.no ched = no goals for them

I initially thought the same but they have done some good business. The lad cofie from utd could take this league by storm and they are heavily linked with leicesters schlupp whoi think would do well. They also brought in a promising young full nack from walsall (although admittedly this was to replace lowton).

Anyway - im just looking forward to being competitive again!

Users who are viewing this thread