We have 20 players out of contract in the summer (1 Viewer)

Otis

How scary is that?

If we go up, fine, because we will need Championship quality players anyway, but I don't see how it can be a 2 year plan if we are having to start again pretty much from scratch next season.

wingy

K
How scary is that?

If we go up, fine, because we will need Championship quality players anyway, but I don't see how it can be a 2 year plan if we are having to start again pretty much from scratch next season.
Personally never felt it was Otis
Message in camp was this year.

Otis

Martin, Conor Thomas, Stokes, Fortune, JOB, Lawton. Ricketts, Johnson, Kelly-Evans twins, Finch, Fleck, Tudgay, Phillips, Henderson, Hunt, Coke. Ramage, Lorentzson, Sambou, Burge.

stupot07

Plus loans Armstrong, Murphy, Maddison, Bigi, cargill and Stephens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

usskyblue

Fuckmyoldboots

20 players under contract and 6 on season long loan :eek:

Let's hope it's an exit strategy...

Otis

K
Personally never felt it was Otis
Message in camp was this year.
Yep, what I have always believed too. If it had have been a 2 year plan I think we would have needed key players on permanents. The situation up front is shocking especially.

I never bought into the 2 year plan myself.

Hobo

How scary is that?

Contracts can be renewed can't they?

chiefdave

Martin, Conor Thomas, Stokes, Fortune, JOB, Lawton. Ricketts, Johnson, Kelly-Evans twins, Finch, Fleck, Tudgay, Phillips, Henderson, Hunt, Coke. Ramage, Lorentzson, Sambou, Burge.

Which leaves us with:

Jordan Willis (June 18)
Romain Vincelot (July 17)
Ruben Lameiras (July 17)
Andy Rose (June 17)
Aaron Martin (July 17)
Reice Chareles-Cook (June 18)
Ryan Haynes (June 17)
George Thomas (May 17)
Cian Harris (July 18)
Ben Stevenson (May 17)
Bassala Sambou (?)

Nick

Administrator
I.don't think it's that scary. People were flapping last time we would have no players.

Terry Gibson's perm

Looking most of that lot it is good news providing we don't bother renewing, who could ever miss Connor Thomas and Finch

skybluetony176

Surprised that Stokes is on such a short contract considering he cost us nothing, even more surprised we haven't already tied him up to a longer contract since.

He's more than capable at this level, may even step up to championship level should we get promoted and even if he wasn't the best championship player would surely make a good, honest, hard working squad player at championship level.

fernandopartridge

The CT are on the anti SISU surge again after last week, Simon has been briefed.

We knew that Henderson, Hunt, Cole, Ramage, Lorentzon were short term signings

Fortune, Ricketts and Tudgay are all the wrong side of 30. That's 8 players already who you wouldn't necessarily expect to have stayed on.

If we did get promoted, would we want to be carrying a squad of players who might not be good enough to stay up?

torchomatic

Some of those are nowhere near and never will be anywhere near the first team anyway. The likes of Finch, THomas, Kelly twins. Some are the ones people have been moaning about anyway such as Ramage, Fortune, Henderson, etc.

There's not many I would extend contacts with on that list, maybe JOB, Stokes, Lawton.

skybluetony176

The CT are on the anti SISU surge again after last week, Simon has been briefed.

We knew that Henderson, Hunt, Cole, Ramage, Lorentzon were short term signings

Fortune, Ricketts and Tudgay are all the wrong side of 30. That's 8 players already who you wouldn't necessarily expect to have stayed on.

If we did get promoted, would we want to be carrying a squad of players who might not be good enough to stay up?

If you're on about the article I think you are a) SG didn't write it b) It's an article about the playing team of CCFC not the legal team of SISU.

jas365

How scary is that?

We have to start the squad from scratch every season.

torchomatic

I'm not. He came from non-League (why have we signed a non league reserve, etc etc) and there was no guarantee that he could cut it, so we didn't want to tie him down to a long term deal. He obviously can cut it so for me but would one of the few on that list who I was get to commit for longer.

Surprised that Stokes is on such a short contract considering he cost us nothing, even more surprised we haven't already tied him up to a longer contract since.

He's more than capable at this level, may even step up to championship level should we get promoted and even if he wasn't the best championship player would surely make a good, honest, hard working squad player at championship level.

fernandopartridge

If you're on about the article I think you are a) SG didn't write it b) It's an article about the playing team of CCFC not the legal team of SISU.

My mistake, saw Simon post a link to a story on Facebook but it wasn't actually this one. Apologies to Simon and for upsetting you, Toni.

Hobo

I agree with Fernando and Torch.....you just can't go out and buy a team in one summer. So some players brought in have rightly been done with a short term view.

There are others who will have just reached the end of their shelf life.

Chipfat

I would not put this down as anthing other than the facts, as for if its good or bad that will depend on the situation come the end of the season. I would not think rebuilding whole squads every year is a good thing no matter what division you are in but if you are a club that signs short term deals with the older pro's then that is what you will have to do. Looking at the list Martin, Stokes, Job, Evans Twins, Fleck, Phillips, Sambou and Fleck are the ones you would keep no matter what league we are in next term.

But im not sure the plan or the structure is something TM will want to keep doing in L1 and he may have options at a higher level if not with us. I dont really see much in the way of foundations being built as per Anderson coments and the OP really sums it up no matter if you hate the CCC, CT or a writer who states the obvious.

Last edited:

Hobo

Of course some of these issues may be addressed before the end of the season.
I believe RCC Vincelot Willis and Rose are under contract. Which seems a good start with some who might earn new contracts.

Chipfat

Im sure most managers at the end of the season would like to move and replace, promote and extend exsisting players but whole sale changes is not an easy task. I also dont think its great plannig and if promotion is not gained TM will be in for another busy summer if he is still at the club.

Otis

I.don't think it's that scary. People were flapping last time we would have no players.
I accept some out of contract, but 20 is seriously high.

Fleck won't stay and I'm guessing JOB won't either. It's the backbone I'm worried about. Keeper, CB's, Central midifeld play maker and striker. That's the very core of a team.

We have a keeper, but Johnson and Martin and Ricketts are all out of contract. Fleck will surely be gone for that central midifeld play making role and we have no strikers at all.

It will be start from scratch again next season. How are they proposing to sell the promotion dream in terms of season tickets next time out?

After being top 6 all season long, if we don't go up this, next season fans will be demanding a promotion push! No doubt about it.

I can see gates dropping again if we're not careful.

What should be happening is that any team that just misses out on promotion, should be automatic to be among the favourites to go up the following season.

A complete rebuild is going to make that all but impossible for us.

Next season should be all about building on this year, not starting all over again.

Last edited:

Chipfat

Then the 2 year plan had to be a lie.

I have to be honest i dont think Sisu plan for any length of time in regards to football matters, they dont trust it, they also know promotion will need investment which they do not or will not do. Staying in L1 on 8,000 to 11,000 on good weeks with a decent budget and a club running buy selling every year the family silver to stay within its means is ok, while outside decisions are still being made.

No stadium plans again, more court case appeals will be heard and rent deals on the Ricoh are still to be sorted. Do i have proof of the above, no other than time has taught me never to believe what is said but to look at actions. For instance they sold Maddison to build foundations, didnt they sell Wilson for the same reason's, where are the foundations of Wilson's sale!!! and when the next young kid is sold and we as a club are stood still what will they say then. They are very clever in diverting attention away from the truth.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Unless the plan was fucking half the team off after a year.

The plan could be to get promoted with a squad of players who are capable of doing so, year 2 is maintain our status in the Championship with a squad of players capable of doing so. That squad of players doesn't have to be the same.

I would like to see a bit of stability in the playing squad, but, not the sort that saw us signing the likes of David Bell on 4 year contracts.

Otis

The plan could be to get promoted with a squad of players who are capable of doing so, year 2 is maintain our status in the Championship with a squad of players capable of doing so. That squad of players doesn't have to be the same.

I would like to see a bit of stability in the playing squad, but, not the sort that saw us signing the likes of David Bell on 4 year contracts.
Yep, you have to get the balance right!

Fine to be saying 'right, we need say a new right back and a striker and a wide midfield player to add to what we have.'

Not so wise to say 'we need two centre backs, a left back, a central midfield player, a wide midfield player and 2 strikers!' And that could just be the very minimum.

We should be building on what we have rather than possibly having to do a complete rebuild.

hill83

I agree with you. Players come and players go. If there is a two year plan or anything similar its main objective is Mowbray and his staff on at least two year deals. The rest is to get the best possible players we can, be that loans, short term contracts or better still long term contracts. This is a panic about nothing in my opinion.

SkyBlueSid

We have to start the squad from scratch every season.

This is the real point here. Most seasons there may as well have been a revolving door on the dressing room. We have been replacing ordinary players with more ordinary players for years, and scratching about in the loans market which is always a lottery.

This season we have had one or two decent permanent players. Most significantly we have been lucky with the loans in finding a few decent ones. Mowbray must take some of the credit but it's still not an exact science, you can only try and get what's available.

This is why I believe we really need to concentrate 100% on getting up this season. There are no guarantees that we will reproduce this form, or anything like it, next season if we are still in Division 3. Promotion would hopefully generate enough investment in the squad to keep us up. Two year plans are pie-in-the-sky at this level. Nothing is long term, not players and certainly not managers!

jimmyhillsfanclub

I agree with you. Players come and players go. If there is a two year plan or anything similar its main objective is Mowbray and his staff on at least two year deals. The rest is to get the best possible players we can, be that loans, short term contracts or better still long term contracts. This is a panic about nothing in my opinion.

indeed.....short-term contracts, youth development & exploiting the loan system is simply how it is down here in the 3rd tier....

...any other approach requires a hazardous mixture of bank rolling & dice rolling.......we've been there, done that!

Chipfat

Im not sure its panic, i just think if it is a 2 year plan, i dont think its a very good one, managers always have to look at improving the squad and should never be happy with all they have. You have to look to extend the young talent and bring in certain types that will improve the week in week our results. TM has improved this squad this year and will have to do it again and depending on the finish if promotion is gained then he will not be in a terrible position.

If promotion is not gained then he has a lot of work to do and also needs to find out off the club if promotion, investment and progression is in reality what they want. Or is staying in L1 with a rotation of players being brought in on short term deals with the odd brightest young talent sold to fund this the aim.That really is the question from the OP for me, what is the plan.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

I bet it's a similar situation with many other L1 and L2 clubs as well.

covcity4life

lets hope we get promoted

but if not same again next season. improve the permanent players and try get great loans. should see us compete for top 6 again i imagine

simonregis

How scary is that?

Otis, out of those 20 + loanees would you keep IF we had a miracle and got promoted?

Users who are viewing this thread