We don't create enough (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

When you are relying on Palmer to be chief creator and Godden to be main striker you aren't gonna be threatening the play offs at championship level.

I was hoping Ayari would be taking Hamers position in the team so a little disappointed to see Robins sees him as a 10.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Still find it insane that Palmer is doubted/criticised. We could do with him doing 90mins more regularly/ever but he has quality that very few players have. There were so many times today he created chances faster thinking forwards would have been on the end of.

Even the fact that Grendel thinks he’s shit should be enough for everyone to know how good he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Still find it insane that Palmer is doubted/criticised. We could do with him doing 90mins more regularly/ever but he has quality that very few players have. There were so many times today he created chances faster thinking forwards would have been on the end of.

Even the fact that Grendel thinks he’s shit should be enough for everyone to know how good he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only morons don't rate him.

BlueSkiesForever

We’re not quick enough. What we’ve lost are Vik being able to chase down sub par balls and Gus being able to play driven long passes out to the wings. So play goes through three or four passes instead of one or two.
Absolutely agree, we’re taking too long to get the ball into a dangerous position. What would have been done with one pass by Hamer is currently taking three, four, five. Clear lack of vision and confidence to try through balls when the chance is there to be taken.
All three strikers today had really poor service, relying too heavily on Palmer to do everything offensively. Our defence is brilliant but we really need to work on scoring goals, it was way too easy for Sunderland today I felt.

shmmeee

Absolutely agree, we’re taking too long to get the ball into a dangerous position. What would have been done with one pass by Hamer is currently taking three, four, five. Clear lack of vision and confidence to try through balls when the chance is there to be taken.
All three strikers today had really poor service, relying too heavily on Palmer to do everything offensively. Our defence is brilliant but we really need to work on scoring goals, it was way too easy for Sunderland today I felt.

Its why I’d go one up until Hamer is replaced TBH

Chris1987

Once up to speed Ayari is going to be some player this season. Quality mid required for more creativity imo.

Paxman II

I thought we were good in defence, reasonable in midfield and atrocious up front today.
We were a little flat, lacking agression, and ability to create good chances. We had one or two but that was it. We were so much the better team until late on when we had lost our way. But we did little with it. Wright and Simms look miles off the pace and lacking in movement. They look more like carthorses than 8m pound strikers. I hope they both improve rapidly as robins and Vivash clearly suggest. Once they do then we may have something exciting. But a replacement for Gus is critical. sakomoto needs to bring the spark which we lacked today.
Overall? Competent but lacking today.
It's early doors though and we have had tough fixtures. I've seen nothing that would suggest anyone is better than us should we start converting chances.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think maybe that's more what it is. It's the pace & energy. Palmer gives you a bit of energy.
That's the one thing he doesn't give the side to be honest, but what he does bring is vision and technique to unpick a defence. For me today's play reminded me a fair bit of the poor home form we had in 21/22, where we slowed everything down and just couldn't break teams down once we'd given them time to get set. The slight difference is that the defence seems in stronger shape but even there we do allow teams so much space in central midfield.

We do urgently need more dynamism in the middle, an LCB would be nice but isn't as critical.

SkyblueTexan

Good comments all. Think going one up top like we did last season is maybe worth considering despite the fact we have 2 multimillion pound strikers. Service to the final third is missing and we might have to fill the void left by Gus with 2 midfield players. This will help win back possession as well to spring attacks with wingbacks to support it. At times we looked stretched today and relied heavily on our defence. Passing and movement needs to be quicker before the opposition defence gets into position.

skyblue025

Just didn't click between the strikers and the midfield today. If the strikers made an early run the ball seemed to be delayed, if they delayed their run the pass came early. Wright with the best chance but a comfortable height for the keeper. The Simms chance the ball was a
yard over weighted and pushed him wide. It's small margins.

hill83

Eccles played really well today, but that's who I thought he'd come on for (with Sakamoto for Palmer at some point).

Bloke bellowing behind me all game “ECCLES AGAIN” when he made a mistake (even when it wasn’t Eccles on the ball) but absolute silence when he did something good.

SeshMouseSkyBlue

Bloke bellowing behind me all game “ECCLES AGAIN” when he made a mistake (even when it wasn’t Eccles on the ball) but absolute silence when he did something good.

Same as the bloke behind me! I’m convinced Eccles has shagged his missus or something! Gets boring after a while hearing “Eccles fucking useless”

Mucca Mad Boys

We’re creating enough, stats wise I’m sure we’re having plenty of shots every game, just can’t put them away atm
We’re having lots of shots, but the only clear cut chance we had was Wright’s chance when Ayari put him through. I think Simms 1st half chance was also a similar situation.

Ironically, it seems that we created the most big chances against Leicester and it’s the only game we’ve lost.

We miss Hamer, Eccles and Sheaf are good, but currently do not have passion range. Palmer is going to be so important this season with his creativity.

Hertsccfc

I had one of these idiots near me too. It's absurd as Ecckples has probably been our most consistent player so far.

Legia Sky Blue

Palmer is a problem for us creativity wise. He is excellent at creating space and finding a yard on his markers with a bit of trickery but his final ball or shot is more often than not poor. If he had been in the same position as Ayari when he played in Wright yesterday, Palmer would have either taken an extra touch and lost possession, overhit a pass or blazed a shot into the stands.

Chris1987

I had one of these idiots near me too. It's absurd as Ecckples has probably been our most consistent player so far.
Captain Bellend sat next to me made me wish I was standing so I could move away from him. Constant low intelligence criticism of every error of every City player all game. Absolutely no understanding of the game at all.

BlueSkiesForever

I think it’d be good to see MR change tack up front, rather than sticking to the same formation every single week. Defensively we’re solid but clearly lacking up top, I’m not convinced two strikers is the way to go tbh, I think Wright down the middle as a sole striker and two attacking mids behind him could be worth trying. Imagine both Sakamoto and Ayari creating in that game, we surely would have picked the Sunderland lock at some point. We need to keep opponents guessing rather being too easy to defend against.

Esoterica

I was disappointed in MVE yesterday from an attacking perspective. Had numerous chances to drive at his man and I don’t think he tried to beat their fullback once, preferring a cross or moving the ball back inside. We were far too slow to get the ball in the box from all areas of the pitch yesterday.

BlueSkiesForever

I was disappointed in MVE yesterday from an attacking perspective. Had numerous chances to drive at his man and I don’t think he tried to beat their fullback once, preferring a cross or moving the ball back inside. We were far too slow to get the ball in the box from all areas of the pitch yesterday.
100%!! I think what’s most frustrating is we know he has the pace for it, he was probably the quickest player on the pitch and yet never really showed it. I hope he gets his confidence up and starts splitting defences open because that’s exactly what he’s there for, not just passing the ball back to Thomas or Fadz all game.

Brighton Sky Blue

Depends what he’s been instructed to do.

shmmeee

Depends what he’s been instructed to do.

This is very possible. I’ve been screaming at RWBs to get forwards more for years across four different players.

He mentioned chemistry or lack thereof in his interview and I think Thomas doesn’t give him the balls he wants, Lati never switches it either, and the guy he was supposed to start next to in midfield has fucked off to Sheff Utd. It looks like going forwards we don’t know where each other wants the ball yet.

Brighton Sky Blue

This is very possible. I’ve been screaming at RWBs to get forwards more for years across four different players.

He mentioned chemistry or lack thereof in his interview and I think Thomas doesn’t give him the balls he wants, Lati never switches it either, and the guy he was supposed to start next to in midfield has fucked off to Sheff Utd. It looks like going forwards we don’t know where each other wants the ball yet.
If we’re attempting a possession based game, that doesn’t bode well for a wing back who predominantly likes to use his pace to speed up the flanks, as opposed to a JDS type who is mostly technical.

Users who are viewing this thread