We can still make the playoffs (1 Viewer)

giraffe76

Hi,

Ive looked at the remaining fixtures and think despite todays result that we could win all of the games besides the doncaster game and make the playoffs because the teams we play are either in and around us or the low on confidence teams near the bottom.

RichieGunns

Hmm that depends on whether they bring in another manager or if Carsley can get them motivated enough to finish the season on a high.

After today I'm sceptical. Before the match I would have agreed with you but now is a different story...

giraffe76

If the rent row can get sorted then a new manager might get appointed otherwise to keep costs down i think carsley will be kept on

The Penguin

Mathematically, yes.

However, given today's result leaves us still some seven points outside the playoffs, I think we may be done and dusted.

derbyskyblue

It can happen, new manager needed,who....i dont know. Ricoh form is shocking tho.
However, i feel admin is coming. This game of brinkmanship is going to do for us. Ah well PUSB anyway.

dadgad

You've gotta be joking.......we couldn't afford to lose to Crewe.....and today seals it.
This season ccfc have flattered, a faux team full of sound and fury but ultimately sweet fa.
To succeed a club has to add up.....sisu has made this impossible......we're bankrupt not just financially but morally and spiritually.
Until the owners are ousted or capitulate this will not change....simple as.

Mucca Mad Boys

You've gotta be joking.......we couldn't afford to lose to Crewe.....and today seals it.
This season ccfc have flattered, a faux team full of sound and fury but ultimately sweet fa.
To succeed a club has to add up.....sisu has made this impossible......we're bankrupt not just financially but morally and spiritually.
Until the owners are ousted or capitulate this will not change....simple as.

We're 5 points off with 33 points to play for. :facepalm:

Otis

We are 7 points off with 30 to play for!

And you need to look at it from the outside, not from within I'm afraid. With the Sky Blue tinted spectacles.

31 points lost from winning positions.

Only 5 home wins out of 18 games.

4 home defeats on the trot.

I remember the same statements again and again before home games.

'The play-offs are on, but this Crewe game is a must win.'

We lose.

'The play-offs are still on, but this Yeovil game is a must win.'

We lose.

'The play-offs are still on, but this Swindon game is a must win.'

We lose.

We now need to win SEVEN out of TEN. We only have FIVE away games left. If we win all of those we still need to win two home games too.

People are already saying It's only Colchester and It's only Hartlepool. Well, it was only Carlisle and only Bury and only Scunthorpe and only Crewe.

I bet Colchester and Hartlepool are rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of coming here.

Mathematically possible, yes, of course, but I would rate our chances as very, very, very slim indeed.

There are now 8 teams ahead of us and a further 3 that can overtake us with their games in hand.

Sorry. Yesterday was a game we dare not lose and pretty much a must win.

We are 7 points behind and 5 of the 6 teams in the top 6 have a game in hand on us too. 7 points behind means us making up 3 wins, or 2 wins and 2 draws while at least one other team completely falters and fails to win a single point and other teams falter too.

In the words of John Lennon, 'The dream is over.'

We need to keep going til the fat lady sings of course, but it now needs nothing short of a miracle to achieve a top 6 place.

Last edited:

coundonskyblue

The only way we will make the play offs now is the new manager effect (assuming we get a manager).

Remember the run Dowie took us on when he took over?

However in the last few games I've seen nothing to suggest we are capable of that.

sky_blue_up_north

No chance now, home form is shocking and there lies the problem, at the moment we cannot buy a win at the Ricoh. Typical yesterday, totally outplayed by a side that has not come from behind all season.

stupot07

The only way we will make the play offs now is the new manager effect (assuming we get a manager).

Remember the run Dowie took us on when he took over?

However in the last few games I've seen nothing to suggest we are capable of that.

You mean dowies first tengames?

Played 10 won 4 drawn 3 lost 3 ?

Covstu

Personally not surprised by yesterdays result given that we were at the Ricoh and we just do not play well there at all. Personally I don't think we are consistent enough to make the playoffs, I think Otis summed it up well. We have lost three key games at home recently which is unacceptable if we are to make the playoffs, our form would have to be fantastic going into the last games of the season.

Stranger things have happened but I cannot see it happening.

Otis

Only hope now is a new manager and a totally fantastic honeymoon period.

Trouble is, the old problems are surely still going to be there. Our defence isn't good enough, our midfield looks weak and we keep getting caught on the break.

Don't see how we can rectify this.

ashbyjan

Our chances of making the playoffs are about the same as QPR's of staying in Prem - possible mathematically but not likely. And knowing this team even if we did get into play offs we would manage to throw the opportunity away.

Brighton Sky Blue

Our chances of making the playoffs are about the same as QPR's of staying in Prem - possible mathematically but not likely. And knowing this team even if we did get into play offs we would manage to throw the opportunity away.

The home leg would be a write off for starters.

Otis

I honestly think that we may go the rest of the season without another home win. :(

All depends on a new manager I suppose. The mentality and approach has to change.

Mr T - Sukka!

Play offs absolutley no chance, deluded idiots who think its possible. Here is why and as much as it hurts i know i will be proved right.

1) Our home form is shocking. Won 5 you dont go up with this record.

2) Players have turned back into weak cowards again. Conceding late and giving up.

3) Other teams have games in hand on CCFC.

4) Jennings and Bailey in midfiield. Lightweight and garbage, midgets.

5) Wingers who cannot cross.

6) Free kicks that just get blasted out for a goal kicks in a dangerous areas.

7) So in just on week we have picked up 3/9 points. Not good enough!

8) Defence is just laughable.

9) No leadership anywhere on the pitch.

10) Leon gets no service.

I could go on but its boring we are just a shambles and i cannot be arsed. I was there yesterday and i was embarrased.

I can accept teams being better than us thats fair enough, what i can stand for is this weak bottler attitude at CCFC.

Where is the fight, passion, hunger, togetherness, and the simple will to fight till the game is won like we sing?

ccfcdale

We can, we can afford to drop 6 more points 77 points is the play off limit don't give up yet although yesterday was shit

Hi,

Ive looked at the remaining fixtures and think despite todays result that we could win all of the games besides the doncaster game and make the playoffs because the teams we play are either in and around us or the low on confidence teams near the bottom.

There is one way of looking at it:

Before yesterdays game we had 11 games to go and assuming 74 points for a top six finish we would therefore require a further 21 pts on top of the 53 we had before yesterday.

Assuming 6 wins 3 draws and 2 losses and calling it our "results budget" we have used up one of our budgeted losses by losing to Swindon - so there is still hope even if we lost the next game - do you get my drift.

It is just a way of prolonging our expectations until we run out of games i suppose.

johnwillomagic

Think we need 22 points from a possible 30 = 7 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss I reckon......achievable?? Just but very very unlikely if we lose two we are out of it i think.

SuperCov

We need to play for 95 minutes!! Play the game for all or nothing, draws won't help us now. If it fails at least we can say we tried!

Play Up Sky Blues!!!

Users who are viewing this thread