We CAN do it. (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

I feel it. The whole dynamics of this tie have been changed. They were the underdogs going into last night they had nothing to lose. We did. They played their game plan and it has done its job. I feel so much more confident going into the away tie. Our form away from home is fantastic and Crewe know it. The fans for Crewe feel nervous going into this last game knowing they rode their luck and are worried they can't for another game. We are now the underdogs we have nothing to lose. They do. I've got a feeling they'll bottle it and Mr Robins and the team has something very special up their sleeves.

SkyBlueBlood2

If it had stayed at 0-1 or maybe even 0-2, I would still fancy us! But I think 3 goals is too much for us without conceding! I think we'll win on the night but go out on aggregate!

CovFan

Part of me is more confident we can still do it. If we had won 1 or 2-0 I'd be less confident. No idea why.

Ccfcisparks

Part of me is more confident we can still do it. If we had won 1 or 2-0 I'd be less confident. No idea why.

Exactly! I was more down at 1-0 than 3-0! It makes me feel said we will be more motivated to go out and get something instead of parking the bus for the entire second leg

WillieStanley

I feel it. The whole dynamics of this tie have been changed. They were the underdogs going into last night they had nothing to lose. We did. They played their game plan and it has done its job. I feel so much more confident going into the away tie. Our form away from home is fantastic and Crewe know it. The fans for Crewe feel nervous going into this last game knowing they rode their luck and are worried they can't for another game. We are now the underdogs we have nothing to lose. They do. I've got a feeling they'll bottle it and Mr Robins and the team has something very special up their sleeves.

I don't think they were ever underdogs.

Essexrobbie

I wouldn't mind betting that the sponsors Johnstone paint are praying that we do it too, otherwise if Orient manage to over turn Southends 1.0 advantage then an Orient v Crewe final could bring about the lowest attendance for the final in the competions history and even put the future of the competion in jeopardy.
The average attendance for the final over the last six years played back at Wembley has been 55,762 having Southampton Carlisle at 73,476 for 2009-10 the highest and the lowest Brentford Carlisle of 40,476 in 20110-11. Cov I'm sure would come close to beating Southampton following of 44,000 while Southend would easily contribute between 20,000- 25,000 being only down the road and the fact that they haven't been there before. Crewe and Orient with average gates of 4,700 and 3,800 would be lucky to muster 15,000 between them.

Hartlepool, Doncaster, MK Dons, those games prove we can score away. We just need to plug the goals we concede, find some confidence and get the goals we need

Black6Osprey

I think Crewe can play it exactly the same again. They don't need to attack they are 3-0 up. We have got to try to get the goals which will leave us more open to the counter the longer the game goes on. We approached last night like it was 1leg match. Big mistake and one I can't see us recovering from.

Sick Boy

There are going to be a few meltdowns on here at the end of the season when the penny drops that we won't be going to Wembley this season and will have at least another season in League.1.

Otis

I'm confident we can turn this tie around.

We scored 4 away at Doncaster and 5 away at Hartlepool and had 25 shots on goal last night.

I see no reason why we can't score at least 3 at Gresty Road.

Steve.B50

I want to believe but 3 is going to be hard, but eats go out trying?
Let the JPT organisers know what they are missing by ave a little (but good) team in final.
Real shame though

Otis

No pressure on us now. All but written off.

We can play with a bit of freedom me thinks.

Crewe need to concentrate and keep things tight.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Crewes keepers performance reminded me of Tomazeski the Polish goalie from 1974.. I recall as a young boy watching Englands 1974 world cup campaign fade as he turned in an astounding performance.. Cloughie labelled him a clown before the game....always a good judge of a player was Cloughie(?)

Crewes keeper had a blinder last night.. fair play but he cant play like that again... can he?

Users who are viewing this thread