We are so lucky (1 Viewer)

skyblueexile

I live in north yorkshire although born and schooled in kenilworth moved up t north in 1990
The main thing i have missed is watching city but now physically can't cope with a trip back .. oh how grateful i am for the efl and the radio report on most matches

That was accepted until sunderland match when I switched on and it was the home teams commentary but as I was upt north I accepted it

Yes it was biased yes they played badly but the descriptive aspect it was awful

Long spells nothing said unable to name half of there players let alone cities - yes we are so lucky for Oggie and co

Thank you all involved you do a great job

Johhny Blue

I usually give the opppnents a 5 minute listen each game. But it’s always back to Clive & Oggy. We may have up to 5 teams involved per game but they’re a great team

blunted

If you are a football commentator, you really need to do your homework on the opposition so you can give context to what is happening on the pitch. Oggy and Clive know their football but take the time to get background information on the opposition. Too many lazy commentators on local radio or club TV who know their own team and just turn up to collect the money. Oggy and Clive give credit to opponents if it is due, whilst many commentators are embarrassingly biased. Since Geoff Foster stopped doing the job, our results are way better. Foster is clearly a Jonah.

Users who are viewing this thread