we are out of the relegation zone (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

who would of thought that 2 weeks ago? unlucky Portsmouth :pointlaugh:

mark82

Not yet we are not. Only if Pompey are deducted more than 10 points. They are still above us with a 10 point deduction.

chiefdave

they have a better goal diff than us so they're one place above us. makes tomorrow huge, if (a big if!) we can get something at Forest and Pompey lose we will be out of the relegation zone with a lot of games to play against sides down there with us. it's a slim chance but we're a lot better off than we were this time last week.

JazzCat

You'd have thought that by not sticking to the terms of the last CVA they may well be hit with a further deduction but who knows.

I'd like to finish 5th from bottom so it proves we didn't need Portsmouths woes to stay up.

wishful thinking I know but you never know !!

Robccfc87

Agree Paxman. Think there will be an investigation and it depends on how (CVA) or if they come out of administration.

Not 100% but I am told that because thay were under the jurisdiction of the PL last time, this time it is a first offence if you will under the FL so it will probably only be a 10 point deduction. But... every little helps!

Otis

Yep. Expecting just the 10 points. Last time was in the Premier League, not the Football League.

sky_blue_up_north

The results against Blackpool and Ipswich are made even more annoying...

kg82

They've been in administration before in the football league, about 10 years ago, maybe a bit more.

superskyblue

You'd have thought that by not sticking to the terms of the last CVA they may well be hit with a further deduction but who knows.

I'd like to finish 5th from bottom so it proves we didn't need Portsmouths woes to stay up.

wishful thinking I know but you never know !!

I kind of understand your point of view here, but because we haven't been overstretching ourselves as much as Portsmouth have, we therefore have a weaker squad. If Portsmouth had played by the rules, they wouldn't be getting 10 points or more deducted, but they may well also have a squad worse than ours and therefore be below us anyway.

It's all hypothetical of course, but it's 100% their fault and therefore we should feel no shame about going above them and therefore potentially surviving.

mark82

They've been in administration before in the football league, about 10 years ago, maybe a bit more.

Bloody hell. Didn't know that. 3 times in 10-15 years. That's ridiculous. I'm sorry, but they deserve to be relegated. In fact, really, they should be liquidated and made to start again at the bottom.

kg82

Lady luck doesn't exactly smile upon us

They've gone into admin, rules state they lose 10 points automatically - the debate is should they lose more? 10 points is a given though.

I feel sorry for their fans, poor ownership means they're the one getting punished.

Users who are viewing this thread