We are getting to them (1 Viewer)

skyblue_rich

Spoke to a mate at the game today. He visited the club office during the week, and met Tim fisher. He said he was furious since there was speculation that the southampton protest was being moved forward to today, and sisu have told him that they want no bad press. Also the office have not being told to find a new job or any of the sort. Finally he said that admin was not an option, and the hoff will takeover soon

wingy

They are in dissaray ,clueless ,rudderless ,head office not happy at all ,the protest and any other pressure we can apply to them could be telling ,we need to drive them into talks with Hoffman . was stopped from distributing save our City pamphlets by the orange squad outside today,utterly pathetic.

ccfcway

I'd say 15k on boxing day, of which 13.5k were CCFC fans, WAS a protst of sorts !!

We really should be looking at double that for a boxing day game at home !!

Last edited:

ccfcway

they cant stop people from NOT going to the Southampton match !, or from standing outside the JH statue !

The protest is on !!!!

On that note, did anyone suggest everyone who insisted on going to that game, going into the stand where the cameras are, so it it makes the ground look even emptier opposite the cameras !

Might be a "compromise"for those that dont want to miss the match ?

ICHAN

They are in dissaray ,clueless ,rudderless ,head office not happy at all ,the protest and any other pressure we can apply to them could be telling ,we need to drive them into talks with Hoffman . was stopped from distributing save our City pamphlets by the orange squad outside today,utterly pathetic.

What's happened to freedom of speech then?
How can they stop distribution outside the ground?
Was there much protesting inside the ground? banners etc?

wingy

What's happened to freedom of speech then?
How can they stop distribution outside the ground?
Was there much protesting inside the ground? banners etc?
There was some limited Sisu out chanting and only saw two banners today Ichan, boy its good to win ,poor first half ,could have been 2-0 down ,second half and good substitutions got us in their face ,and Christies crossing created many chances ,corners

ICHAN

Cheers wingy.
3 points are whats important even if it's ugly or whatever we just need some points going on the table now and luckily results went our way as well.
Wonder if Deegan was a no other choice to have on the bench selection today because Gardner went back to Villa, wonder what he said to the bench after he scored?
Did they say why you could not distribute any pamphlets either wingy or were they just wanting do be wannabe coppers and jobsworth's?

Sisu-infidels

There were 2 banners outside the ground today! And there were sisu out protest laminates at points on posts around the ground! Not much inside the ground tho! People power will win over!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think they have the right to stop pamhlet distribution if you are on their grounds. They can't do a thing if you are on a public highway. You would need to check with the Land Registry to see exactly where their land starts and ends. I remember years ago when I was at the BBC and wanted to do some "vox pops" in West Orchards. I was asked to leave by their security "because I hadn't got permission"! I thought it was a public shopping place, but I was mistaken. The whole area is owned by someone - same as the area surrounding the Ricoh. If this protest is to be successful then I'm afraid the law is seriously needed to be checked out.

ICHAN

Cheers Houchen for kind of clearing that up,
So who would own the land?
The council, ACL, Tesco, or could it be a sisu ploy where nobody knows.
Xfiles case for mulder and scully.:whistle:
Have you looked into this lads regarding your protest outside at the JH Statue, maybe worth looking into as Houchen says, if they stopped pamphlets being distributed they may have a plan legally to stop you protesting?

Last edited:

skybluejelly

i reckon the best way to protest would be for everyone to wear hi vis orange coats ,they would not know if they were coming or going:)

wingy

ther has been some dialogue ,and as yet they hav'nt expressed an objection to it being held there.,the adjecent land to the tesco stand is ownrd by british rail.

ICHAN

Cheers wingy for that.
At least they haven't objected yet, maybe we won today so sisu think/hope the protest won't happen now as we won a game.

Good that as a group that any potential hiccups that could happen come the day of the protest are being looked into.
Will you be going for confirmation (written and on headed paper) that you as a group will be allowed to protest peacefully without any heavy handed approach from stewards or police, as long as it is kept peaceful?

ICHAN

ther has been some dialogue ,and as yet they hav'nt expressed an objection to it being held there.,the adjecent land to the tesco stand is ownrd by british rail.

Put some leaves on the pamplets that end then wingy that will stop them in their tracks.;)

Houchens Head

It's a bugger really, coz my missus worked at the Land Registry in Tile Hill until 18 months ago. Now we've moved, she isn't in touch with anyone to get any info., although she's just told me that you can buy a copy of the plan of the area (with ownership borders) and a register of exactly who owns what, online for about £10. Might be worth phong the LR up as well. http://www.landreg.gov.uk/about-us/coventry

cloughie

it may have been quiet protesting today ,but just the lull before the storm, 2 banners 1st half from my veiw point and 3 the 2nd, mine being 1 which is a new 1 and will be there until this rabble are gone.
Why would you want to stop leaflets being disributed unless you want to keep something quiet?

Despots always get deposed eventually always when there is an uprising

pusb boycott the southampton game sisu out

Cheers Houchen for kind of clearing that up,
So who would own the land?
The council, ACL, Tesco, or could it be a sisu ploy where nobody knows.
Xfiles case for mulder and scully.:whistle:
Have you looked into this lads regarding your protest outside at the JH Statue, maybe worth looking into as Houchen says, if they stopped pamphlets being distributed they may have a plan legally to stop you protesting?

Wasnt there a reason the jimmy hill statue put where it is?

ICHAN

Don't know zam to be honest with you.
Just think that caution is needed where sisu are involved and maybe best for whoever is leading/negotiating about the protest as wingy says their is dialogue/discussions going on would maybe be prudent to get something in writing from whoever to say that they do not mind a peaceful protest.
Even enquire with the police, this may have been done I do not know, to ask about having a peaceful protest just to cover your arses so to speak, play them at there own game and get every angle covered, so they can not throw a spanner in the works and try and turn the protest into something less peaceful and so try and disgrace the protesters and so revert the INTENT of the protest away from them.

Houchens Head

My missus worked at the Land Registry in Tile Hill until we moved down here 18 months ago. She's told me that anyone can obtain a copy of any register and plans for a small fee of around £10. You will get in return, names of any owners of all property and plans of said property with boundaries. Might be worth getting a hold of. It can be obtained on-line or via a visit to the Land Registry in Torrington Avenue, Tile Hill. Web adress: http://www.landreg.gov.uk/about-us/coventry You can phone up and make an appointment.
At least this way, everything will be above board and SISU and the "orange brigade" won't be able to do a thing if you hand out leaflets in a "public" area! :)

ICHAN

Need to be one step ahead of the orange brigade and sisu, play them at their game and have anything they may try and do to stop any kind of anti sisu action covered, also would be funny to see someone say that actually you orange coated git I can legally do this.:laugh:.

Puck

I may well be on the wrong track here but isn't any occupation or demonstration on private land a civil as opposed to criminal matter?
Dale Farm, Occupy London etc come to mind.
Of course any such action should be peaceful and I am in no way suggesting that anyone should indulge in activities that would ultimately result in courts issuing eviction notices that might or might not gather public attention.

Houchens Head

I may well be on the wrong track here but isn't any occupation or demonstration on private land a civil as opposed to criminal matter?
Of course any such action should be peaceful and I am in no way suggesting that anyone should indulge in activities that would ultimately result in courts issuing eviction notices that might or might not gather public attention.

We're just talking pamphlet distribution here Puck, not a full scale, in-yer-face demo! They can't do a thing about that if it's done on a public highway.

ashbyjan

I have had a meeting with Tim Fisher and he is aware of all that is planned but despite asking him I have had no contact from the safety officer. I have left messages for him but no response. I think as long as we are not being a nuisance or stopping general flow of traffic then there should be no problem. We are definitely having an impact and SISU do not want any adverse publicity so we are having some impact. Need to.keep spreading the word to get as many involved as possible - I will be on CWR phone in on Fri as fan of the week so will get message over there. Www.save-our-city.com for latest protest news.

ICHAN

Good to hear Ashbyjan, have you asked Fisher why their safety officer has not contacted you?
Let's just hope it goes incident free and no trouble fractions turn up.
Was at man utd once and some leeds fans were there just to try and entice trouble.
Good to hear that the group are looking into all avenues that could hinder the protest well done and congratulations.

ashbyjan

Will be calling him tomorrow as want to make sure everything we do is above board and the finger cannot be pointed at us for being troublemakers or hooligans etc. Protest must be peaceful and orderly if it is to be taken seriously.

shmmeee

I have had a meeting with Tim Fisher and he is aware of all that is planned but despite asking him I have had no contact from the safety officer. I have left messages for him but no response. I think as long as we are not being a nuisance or stopping general flow of traffic then there should be no problem. We are definitely having an impact and SISU do not want any adverse publicity so we are having some impact. Need to.keep spreading the word to get as many involved as possible - I will be on CWR phone in on Fri as fan of the week so will get message over there. Www.save-our-city.com for latest protest news.

Just noticed you updated the website. Looks 100% better. Good job.

ICHAN

Let's hope it is and stays trouble free ashbyjan because as I am sure you and others who are trying their best to organise the protest are all fully aware any chance to discredit those protesting will be taken full advantage of.
Keep up the good work lads.:claping hands:

shmmeee

I think they have the right to stop pamhlet distribution if you are on their grounds. They can't do a thing if you are on a public highway. You would need to check with the Land Registry to see exactly where their land starts and ends. I remember years ago when I was at the BBC and wanted to do some "vox pops" in West Orchards. I was asked to leave by their security "because I hadn't got permission"! I thought it was a public shopping place, but I was mistaken. The whole area is owned by someone - same as the area surrounding the Ricoh. If this protest is to be successful then I'm afraid the law is seriously needed to be checked out.

Unless I'm very much mistaken. The Ricoh is council owned and the leasehold (?) is owned by ACL. Then on match days rented to City. Dunno who would have the final say in that situation.

Now logic has nothing to do with the law. But logically it's like if you rent a hotel out. Could you ask people to leave? Probably, I'd imagine it's basic rental rights.

The question is where does it stop? I very much doubt the other side of the tunnel to Tesco is not public land and a large amount of people go through there. I'd imagine with some sensible placing three or four distributors could get 90% of home fans.

Last edited:

ICHAN

Think it is somethink that really needs looking into so you can legally distribute /protest without any come backs and so have proof that what you are doing is legal in case they do which I imagine they will do try to stop you.

cloughie

If there no contact details on any leaflet or an organisation name then no one can take action over any sisu out leaflet

cloughie

Correct and any goon who asks you to move on you only have to walk around the group of protesters in a circle

Also if any body lays a hand on you it is an offence and I will try to find the info of what to say . as i have forgot

I did it to a copper a few years ago and he let go of me instantly as he was confused as to why I would know the law, its abit like when they parrott someone there rights
but trust me I did it several times when i realised the power those words had and once was even asked by a copper are you a
solicitor

georgehudson

what really irks sisu,
to the point of it wounding their business model / pride is justified criticism of their 'way of operating',
this is clearly an embarrassment to their credibility & standing,
hence, an obvious doubt over any future investors in their business,
the more people can highlight their obvious deficiencies the better,

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread