We all sing together (1 Viewer)

CCFColi

Hi to everyone out there who has a connection or affiliation to the City of Coventry and CCFC. A wise man once said as was stated in another thread a couple of weeks ago " you can beat a team, but you won't beat a team and a city". That statement says it all really. As was witnessed the other weekend as the Sky Blue Army started to appear in numbers. Also the same man penned the words to a song, that is still sung on the terraces today "we all sing together". How ever our support is still divided, and SISU must love that and laugh at us. The 300 hundred people that brought season tickets at Northampton that just want to watch their club. I'm sorry when that team plays its first game out of our City boundary at Northampton, they are no longer Coventry City. I love my football club and I love my City and it defines me as a person. As a former soldier who served for Queen and Country for 10 years, I felt that i was an ambassador of my City and proud to be a Sky blue and would bleed sky blue if cut (not like Mark Robins), I would wear my City shirt where ever I was with pride. What I'm trying to get at is that the minority can go and watch a franchise team if they like or could watch a local Coventry side like the Sphinx. Football players do not give a monkeys nowadays as long as they get paid. They come and go really quickly as there is no loyalty in the game anymore or it is very rare. The first home game of the season should be a time for all the people of Coventry to come together as we did on the magical days in May to welcome the conquering heroes back after the best cup final ever? That ignited the City, a sea of Sky blue was everywhere and I can still remember, it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Our City defied the Luftwaffe, Our football team beat all the odds at Wembley. My Grandad would be turning in his grave about the situation we find ourselves in. We need to show SISU, that the fans and people of Coventry can turn up in numbers together when it matters and all sing together. Not one penny more. PUSB.

Skyblue4u

SKyblue-4u, learn a bit of courtesy and respect an honestly expressed post.

I'm not having ago in fact I would love to read the post but trying to read on a screen is making me go crossed eyed. Is it really that hard to use paragraphs when writing a long post?

Skyblue4u

ohforgodsakeourfootballclubisinamessandallyoucandoiswhingeonaboutgoddamnparagraphshaveawordallthebespusb!!!

Look, I'm not having ago at peoples English in fact I'm no William Shakespeare myself but it seems to be happening more and more on this site. I'm just asking that could people please break up long posts so they are easier to read?

Sorry if I offended anybody

CCFColi

No offence taken SB4, it was typed on my IPad and did not look that big. Thanks to everyone who have read it.

Users who are viewing this thread