We all know we are going down to League 2! Here are 10 reasons. (1 Viewer)

Mr T - Sukka!

1) The squad is not strong enough to compete in this division.

2) We do not score enough goals.

3) We cave in when we go ahead.

4) We cave in when we concede like wise.

5) We cannot win games.

6) We have no leaders on the pitch.

7) We have no movement on or off the ball.

8) The subs do not change games.

9) The players are in a revolt about there bonuses!

10) We dont have any money to BUY any players that could change the above points.

Dont agree? Then how are we going to escape the drop? Its worse than last year and look how that ended.

Martin180

I think we have a better squad than last season but they need some serious organisation and leadership

Brighton Sky Blue

5) We cannot win games.

10) We dont have any money to BUY any players that could change the above points.

Dont agree? Then how are we going to escape the drop? Its worse than last year and look how that ended.

A lot of your reasons are either the same or part of each other-we have barely played half a dozen games and lots of time left for the new manager to have an impact.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Don't agree

Agree but I think we have players who are capable of scoring in this division

Agree

Agree

5) We cannot win games.

Agree

Agree

Agree

Agree

Don't agree, the majority of players agreed to the new bonuses before signing with the club

Points 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 can all be addressed with good management
Point 6 can be addressed in the loan market as we have been told we will go into the loan market to strengthen the squad and I don't agree with points 1 and 9

Tobias Fünke

Looking at the depth and experience of other teams in this league and not the current league table, we have a squad more than capable (although maybe not willing) to be good enough to get somewhere near the play offs.
Agreed
Yes we've chucked games away
Isn't conceding caving in?
5) We cannot win games.
3+4 = 5

Transfer window doesn't open until January

We're seven games in with no wins, and what appears to be too many dropped points already to even consider a meteoric rise up the table to challenge for promotion. We have a new manager who is going to have to cope with either what he's got or rely on loan signings to get some decent results. If the reports of player revolts are true then this is something that is the most worrying aspect. How can any manager get players who simply don't want to perform to perform for something that they have no belief in? We do need a run at some point this season of maybe three or four wins to climb up to something like achieving mediocrity, but I think to say we all know we are going to League 2 is a bit extreme. I'll take my words back this time next year though, if we're trying to work out whether we'll be Conference North or South in planning our trips over the next few seasons.

Black6Osprey

Obviously if we continue as we have done so far then yes, you will be correct. However, I hope that a new manager with a different voice and a few fresh ideas will get some belief back into the team which will improve things no end. Will that be enough to get to the play offs? No, I don't think so but with some decent loans who knows, its still early enough in the season to turn it around and make a challenge.

Martin180

We do have a squad of players who have either performed in this league or performed higher .

Robins first job has to look at the squad , and the loanees and see who he feels need keeping and who can go .For me Ball and Brown are not up to the standard we need so it does open up the opportunity for Robins to bring in 4-5 players before the loan window shuts

Black6Osprey

We do have a squad of players who have either performed in this league or performed higher .

Robins first job has to look at the squad , and the loanees and see who he feels need keeping and who can go .For me Ball and Brown are not up to the standard we need so it does open up the opportunity for Robins to bring in 4-5 players before the loan window shuts

I agree there is no point having loans that aren't good enough for the first 11, bin the pair off.

Martin180

I agree there is no point having loans that aren't good enough for the first 11, bin the pair off.
Exactly ,McGoldrick is going to do well for us but Ball is way down the list , in this division loanees have to be automatic starters or at least pushing for a place

redsox

Facebook User
11) We have a new manager. Doubt we will go up but can't see us going down either. Have some faith FFS
:claping hands:

Can it be? a Cov. fan optimistic at the signing of a new manager? God knows we've had enough practice over the last ten years lol. Having said that I too am optimistic, but then things can hardly get worse...........can they??

Baginton

Shite thread, no, we ALL don't know that at all, that is why we have a new manager, I expect slightly less then I did when the season kicked off, but that far from relegation.

Astute

Negativity. What a word.

We were not doing brilliant under AT, but things went downhill fast once he was gone. This won't be agreed with by many as it was said anyone could do better....notice the word could.....and good managers would be queueing up to take his place. Shaw has been a disaster. We now have a new manager. New ideas. A couple of players with pace on the wings and we will be much better. Our players are not shite for the level we are in. The system under Shaw has been.

It will not be easy, but I can see things changing as quickly for the better just as it did for the worse once Shaw took over. I have kept out of the we are shite debates as I have had enough of arguing on here....and we have been shite :( Roll on Saturday. Get the confidence up for Wednesday. We will need it :D

Otis

5) We cannot win games.

Rather strange to post this on the back of a new manager coming in. He will change things for sure. We will be a different team under him, that's for sure as well.

I recall just how 'awful' and 'nowhere good enough' our players and squad were looking when Gary McAllister was at the helm. In comes Eric Black and we looked a completely different and much, much better side.

Lets give Robins a chance.

Drop 2 or 3, bring 2 or 3 loans in and we will look a totally different outfit.

davebart

Presumably by loans you are talking about players from higher divisions who can't get in their own team and need match experience and their own team is prepared to continue paying their wages.

Quite often these type of players don't do well as they really want to stay with their own club. But certainly a couple of players with a bit more than pedestrian pace might do well.

kg82

"We all know"... I don't!

Look, we're all disillusioned with what's happened so far but it's no time to overreact. Our season starts now. Hopefully Robins is the right man, he HAS inherited a squad with potential but they need a huge kick up the backside and pointed in the right direction (towards goal). Let him get a couple of pacey wide men in too. Flecks the key, he needs to be started from now on. I honestly think he's a cracking player from what I've seen so far.

covcity4life

we will be in the playoff mix imo,its only 7 games and we have a better squad than everyone else imo

take tranmere match, were all doom & gloom,no work ethic etc,boring match blah blah blah

but theya re top and if not for the post we may have won 1-0, from the highlights it seemed quite a even match that tranmere inched due to a brilliantly worked 1st goal.

and there top,were bottom and playing terrible, yet we could have won and maybe should have drawn

with a good manager in,we are more than capable of winning 7 out of every 10 games imo

covboy9

last year we wernt good enough to stay in division, we may not be promotion candidates this year but we are good enough to push up the league

LewSkyBlue

were going up. get over it. weve had a bad start, after arsenal is where our season will start. Play-Offs (4th place)-Wembley-Championship :) have a little faith

Mr T - Sukka!

Shite thread, no, we ALL don't know that at all, that is why we have a new manager, I expect slightly less then I did when the season kicked off, but that far from relegation.

Well 13 games in and we have won 2 out of 13. And are in the relegation zone.
Shite post Baginton!

Otis

Robins is the man and we will not be relegated under his stewardship.

Extremely confident of that.

LJC_CCFC

Robins is the man and we will not be relegated under his stewardship.

Extremely confident of that.

It's threads like these that highlight the idiocy of lots of our fans, anyone with an inch of football knowledge/common sense can see Robins has and is improving the club. We as fans must give him time as managing this football club is possible one of the hardest jobs in English football, take note all those who booed at Ht and during the game.

Otis

Couldn't quite understand the booing at half-time at all. We should have been 3 goals to the good.

stupot07

Couldn't quite understand the booing at half-time at all. We should have been 3 goals to the good.

That's because too many fans are expecting too much.... It's the "we're a massive club in this league" mentality

Grendel

That's because too many fans are expecting too much.... It's the "we're a massive club in this league" mentality

Correct. On another thread I note Tranmere are a poor side - we are far better. I'm sure on their message boards they are looking enviously at our crop of star players.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So expecting us to not be in the relegation zone and to have more than 11 points from 13 is expecting too much?

Not saying it is Robins fault but it is not good enough, regardless of weather you think we don't have a good enough team to get promoted. We do have a good enough team to have more than 11 points so far this season

Sky Blue Sheepy

Wow there are some massive overreactions today! We were great vs Swindon until the injuries and could have won yesterday despite being poor overall. I think the first 7 games have cost us, but then teams have been promoted from worse situations.

CovisGod

Not read one post in this thread for 2 reasons,

1) I'm drunk
2) it's ridiculous

There is no way on gods green earth we'll go down to league 2, were much better than that and the more time we play under Robins the better we'll be.

I hate these threads that keep popping up that are keeping count with how many people agree with their opinion...

You've been brainwashed and are wrong - 53
You agree with me - 2

You have an opinion stop trying to justify it you turd, if your comment holds it own people will either agree or they won't, don't keep count like a tit

stupot07

So expecting us to not be in the relegation zone and to have more than 11 points from 13 is expecting too much?

Not saying it is Robins fault but it is not good enough, regardless of weather you think we don't have a good enough team to get promoted. We do have a good enough team to have more than 11 points so far this season

I agree I did not expect 11 points from 13 and for us to be sat in the relegation zone and yes it is unacceptable. However we have had a 7-8 game handicap. We then had 4 good results, which resulted in fans saying "top 6 minimum", "automatic promotion is still on the cards", "we will only lose 3 games in the last 34 games" - this is what I meant by unrealistic expectations.

Our team is probably better than 11 points, however it is nowhere near as good as some like to think, and we still have the same issues (plus a couple of new ones) from last season - lack of goals, lack of pace, lack of width, lack of leaders, lack of a midfielder who can dictate play, lack of physicality, lack of experience, only play well for 45 mins

I don't blame Robins for this and I think he is the right man, but things take time and fans saying "top 6 minimum" are basically saying anything less then Robins has failed.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree I did not expect 11 points from 13 and for us to be sat in the relegation zone and yes it is unacceptable. However we have had a 7-8 game handicap. We then had 4 good results, which resulted in fans saying "top 6 minimum", "automatic promotion is still on the cards", "we will only lose 3 games in the last 34 games" - this is what I meant by unrealistic expectations.

Our team is probably better than 11 points, however it is nowhere near as good as some like to think, and we still have the same issues (plus a couple of new ones) from last season - lack of goals, lack of pace, lack of width, lack of leaders, lack of a midfielder who can dictate play, lack of physicality, lack of experience, only play well for 45 mins

I don't blame Robins for this and I think he is the right man, but things take time and fans saying "top 6 minimum" are basically saying anything less then Robins has failed.

Yea I would agree with that, I just get annoyed after every bad/poor result people coming on here and saying stuff like "can't expect to win every game" or "teams won't roll over for us" I understand that but equally I would expect to be winning more than 2 of the first 13 games. The squad has been performing way under par imo, after 13 games I would have been looking at 18-21 points as a realistic target at the start of the season

I reckon we could make play offs but it is becoming increasingly unlikely with each passing game, that is why I thought the County game was really important for building up momentum and confidence going into the two away games. Now if we actually manage to build up any momentum and confidence it will likely be too late

ccfcway

I just dont wanna be in the drop zone,

I will take 6th bottom this season, never mind top 6.

Users who are viewing this thread