WBA (Away) (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Ffs… that’s fooked the only away game I was going to this year.

pusbccfc

Great news. Love a Friday game, especially local.

clint van damme

Notts County Play Off Semi Final?

Of course, can only think of Bradford before that, first season after we got relegated from the EPL.
There was a cup tie against Wimbledon away but can't think of any other league games.

wantageskyblue

Of course, can only think of Bradford before that, first season after we got relegated from the EPL.
There was a cup tie against Wimbledon away but can't think of any other league games.
Before that I recall we played and won 1-0 (Stuart Pearce penalty) at already relegated Stoke on a Friday night back in May 85 before beating Luton and Everton to stay up. I was one of the few hundred who travelled up more in hope than expectation in a crowd of less than 7,000.

tskezz

I'm guessing its down to work commitments but how come so many are against a Friday night KO? I'm quite looking forward to it, despite the 100mile dash to make it.

fernandopartridge

I'm guessing its down to work commitments but how come so many are against a Friday night KO? I'm quite looking forward to it, despite the 100mile dash to make it.
Agreed, of all the alternative weekendish kick off times it's probably the best of the lot. Friday night games at the CBS have usually had a good atmosphere etc. Shame the Manchester train doesn't stop at Smethwick Rolfe St on the way down!

LastGarrison

I always remember Millwall at Highfield Road on a Friday night the season after we got relegated from the Prem.

Without playing up to stereotypes the amount of lads they brought that night was ridiculous!! Not a woman or Millwall shirt in sight!

slowpoke

Before that I recall we played and won 1-0 (Stuart Pearce penalty) at already relegated Stoke on a Friday night back in May 85 before beating Luton and Everton to stay up. I was one of the few hundred who travelled up more in hope than expectation in a crowd of less than 7,000.
I remember listening to that on cwr Stoke got a penalty a few minutes from full-time Ian Painter later to sign for us took it I think it was Rob Gurney commenting which went something like Oggys saved it, no it’s in, it’s not it’s saved, it’s cleared, imagine that a draw we were relegated.

Williescar

I remember going to Sheffield United on a Friday in 2013 won 2-1 with 2 Leon Clarke goals and a 3-1 defeat at Peterborough 2016

CV22SBA

I always remember Millwall at Highfield Road on a Friday night the season after we got relegated from the Prem.

Without playing up to stereotypes the amount of lads they brought that night was ridiculous!! Not a woman or Millwall shirt in sight!
They were causing mayhem on Sky Blue Way walking to the ground.

LastGarrison

They were causing mayhem on Sky Blue Way walking to the ground.
Kicked straight off as soon as they got in the Rocket as well.

A guy my brother worked with at the time got his arm broke in the fighting.

Some right lumps with them that night.

Users who are viewing this thread