Wayward Pines (1 Viewer)

dutchman

I just watched the first episode and found it tedious and predictable. There was nothing about it which made me want to watch another.

Otis

I just watched the first episode and found it tedious and predictable. There was nothing about it which made me want to watch another.

Annoyed the hell out of me first too, dutchman. It's a programme you have to stick with.

Quite strange, because for me it had massive plot holes, didn't make sense, was confusing and as I alluded to earlier, rather annoying. As the series wore on though I found I was just able to put all those reservations to bed and just go with the flow of it and it does get better and better.

Would recommend you stay with it, but maybe it's just not for you.

chiefdave

As the series wore on though I found I was just able to put all those reservations to bed and just go with the flow of it and it does get better and better.

That's the best plan with most shows these days. People tend to over analyses everything. Just watch it and go with the flow and you're far more likely to enjoy something.

I think I would have preferred it if they'd left that final scene out. Wonder if that is in the books or something they added in to allow for a possible second season? Not sure that it should come back, probably better just to leave it as a mini series.

stupot07

I agree Dave, it was a depressing ending after the massacre, the high profile deaths, it went from hope - Kate and pilchards sister saying 'openness and not more reckonings' cutting straight to Ben waking up and that final scene. I try not I over analyse to at the time I was just enjoying the show, but now I have a lot of questions. It was a bit unfair given people have invested a lot of time watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Having enjoyed the series so much, I've decided to read the books, I'm halfway through and there's already lots of differences!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

pipkin73

Having enjoyed the series so much, I've decided to read the books, I'm halfway through and there's already lots of differences!!

I thought about reading the book to cheat and know what was going to happen, read several book reviews and realised it was way off the book version. Deffinately changed and made for tv. Still, loved it anyway.

stupot07

I thought about reading the book to cheat and know what was going to happen, read several book reviews and realised it was way off the book version. Deffinately changed and made for tv. Still, loved it anyway.

Yeah, just finished the first book, a very good read and like you said, way off the TV version. I loved the TV version but the books are nearly always better.

******SPOILER******

The biggest difference is that although Ethan was snatched first, Teresa and Ben were interested into the Pines 5 years previous and this is the third attempt at reintegrating Ethan into the Pines. Also Kate is about 60.

******** END OF SPOILER ********

Just waiting for the second book to come back into the library so I can read that.

chiefdave

Season 2 is on the way.

the 10-episode, second season will pick up after the shocking events of Season One,with the residents of Wayward Pines battling against the iron-fisted rule of the First Generation. As events unfold in Wayward Pines, the thoughtful and philosophical Mitchum – a former teacher – makes a decision that will affect the fate of Wayward Pines and every resident living there.

Last edited:

stupot07

Thanks Dave, will keep an eye out for it!

chiefdave

Season 2 starts 25th May in the states. Without wanting to give too much away for those who avoid spoilers it sounds like it follows on from shortly after the first season finished and there will be some returning characters.

Otis

The new season?

Didn't know it was out yet. Or do you mean the second season?

The first season wobbled a bit but I thought it got better and better as it went on. Can't remember the ending. Where's the disappointment?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

Think the last one started off well, then went a bit strange and meh and I nearly turned off, but I then it suddenly became great TV.

Maybe this will do the same.

stupot07

Think the last one started off well, then went a bit strange and meh and I nearly turned off, but I then it suddenly became great TV.

Maybe this will do the same.
Possibly, the acting is so wooden though. I'm not convinced its going to improve much.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I just watched it and enjoyed it.

Maybe due to the fact that I wasn't expecting too much following what people said on here about it.

Not a bad start I thought, but I still believe they should have left it with just the one season.

stupot07

Is it worth persevering with? I watched the first 20 and gave up.

Otis

Is it worth persevering with? I watched the first 20 and gave up.

Yeah, think so. Got better as it went on, though Jason Patric really doesn't bring any emotion to the main role and lacks the charisma of Matt Dillon.

Thought the flashback scenes with his wife were also very dull and tedious.

stupot07

Decide to persevere with it, now on episode 4, this is far wierder than season 1

Last edited:

Otis

I think you mean 1, but yeah and it has lost its impact completely. Think it shows just how good Matt Dillon was, because Jason Patric is a very poor imitation.

It could have been good, but is rather a mess at the moment. The married side story is completely dull and uninteresting too. Think the viewer will have absolutely no interest at all in that very irritating minor distraction.

stupot07

Yeah sorry meant 1. There just seems to be a big death each episode, there seems to be no real story line

Episode 1 - Kate
Episode 2 - Ben
Episode 3 - Pam

stupot07

Finished watching season 2. It actually warmed up nicely and was pretty good in the end. A few decent twists and we learned a lot more about the abi's.

Users who are viewing this thread