Wayward Pines (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Anyone else watching it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

It's on Fox.

Yeah, the end of the 2nd episode was pretty chilling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Yup!!

Watching it. Enjoying it so far. Be interesting to see where it goes.

Hopefully not in the same direction as Lost.

stupot07

I can't see be as long winded as Lost, it's already given us a lot of answers.......

.....that nurse is chilling.

Otis

Anyone else finding it completely illogical and at times, just a bit dumb?

I am enjoying it, but I think that is more down to the style over substance and the outstanding performances from a few key characters.

Seems they are trying to preserve the human race, yet at the same time will kill someone just for writing graffiti on a wall or for someone mentioning the fact they have a daughter.

This whole 'don't tell the parents' thing is dumb too. Why not just take the parents out there by helicopter one by one and show them what's on the other side of the wall? Why is it okay to tell Ethan Burke what's going on, but every other kids' parents will have their minds blown and won't be able to take it?

There seems to be a bit too much suspension of belief for my liking. Either the whole line they are being given is one big fat porky, or the plot holes are so massive it's quickly becoming a giant crater!

Terry Gibson's perm

You will all be pleased to know that I am not watching it so it has the chance of lasting long enough to get to the end as everything I watch gets binned before it ends Revolution,Alcatraz and Acension are the 3 latest

Otis

You will all be pleased to know that I am not watching it so it has the chance of lasting long enough to get to the end as everything I watch gets binned before it ends Revolution,Alcatraz and Acension are the 3 latest

Revolution was dreadful. What a great premise, yet they totally made a complete hash of it and turned it into one long 'one guy against 20' shoot em up.

Alcatraz started well, but quickly became dull. Ascension? Yet another really good premise, but the whole thing played out like a LA daytime melodrama.

I do like Wayward Pines, but it has now got me consistently questioning it and shouting 'Aww, come on! Seriously?' at the TV a lot.

Terry Gibson's perm

Revolution was dreadful. What a great premise, yet they totally made a complete hash of it and turned it into one long 'one guy against 20' shoot em up.

Alcatraz started well, but quickly became dull. Ascension? Yet another really good premise, but the whole thing played out like a LA daytime melodrama.

I do like Wayward Pines, but it has now got me consistently questioning it and shouting 'Aww, come on! Seriously?' at the TV a lot.

I like Revolution but it had the potential to be so much better and might have been better to start earlier into the blackout, how far did you last into Revolution Otis?

Alcartraz was was to samey and on the last show they should have ended it properly as it was never more than a one series show.

Ascension gave the twist away too easily and the end was stupid.

Otis

I like Revolution but it had the potential to be so much better and might have been better to start earlier into the blackout, how far did you last into Revolution Otis?

Alcartraz was was to samey and on the last show they should have ended it properly as it was never more than a one series show.

Ascension gave the twist away too easily and the end was stupid.

Revolution? About 7 episodes. Just seemed endless gun battles and people getting captured and escaping all the time.

Think with Ascension the plan was for a second series, so when that was cancelled I think they had to rush the ending for the first series.

Terry Gibson's perm

Revolution? About 7 episodes. Just seemed endless gun battles and people getting captured and escaping all the time.

Think with Ascension the plan was for a second series, so when that was cancelled I think they had to rush the ending for the first series.

Revolution on got a lot calmer but they got really bloody towards the end they are finishing it off in e comic format and the end is not great.

Ascension was being set up to run long but I thought it was perfect for about 6 long episodes or a film.

Otis

Revolution on got a lot calmer but they got really bloody towards the end they are finishing it off in e comic format and the end is not great.

Ascension was being set up to run long but I thought it was perfect for about 6 long episodes or a film.

Yep, would have worked as a film. Could have then had a Planet of the Apes style big reveal at the end.

The other thing I didn't like about Revolution was the Billy Burke character almost coming across like some super hero who couldn't be killed and easily won 1 against 12 battles.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yep, would have worked as a film. Could have then had a Planet of the Apes style big reveal at the end.

The other thing I didn't like about Revolution was the Billy Burke character almost coming across like some super hero who couldn't be killed and easily won 1 against 12 battles.

That did carry on and when he joined with Monroe it went a bit crazy, in the comic he has just found out that he was Charlie's father. It was good when the power came on for a bit and how people dealt with it using nuclear weapons etc. It is a good idea as I do wonder how people would cope without the power.

Otis

That did carry on and when he joined with Monroe it went a bit crazy, in the comic he has just found out that he was Charlie's father. It was good when the power came on for a bit and how people dealt with it using nuclear weapons etc. It is a good idea as I do wonder how people would cope without the power.

Yep. I often ask that very same question of Joy Seppala.

chiefdave

Quite liked the first series of Revolution but when it came back for series 2 they seemed to have made a lot of changes and I couldn't really get back into it.

Orphan Black is maintaining its high standard into season three, shame it doesn't get a higher profile over here.

Wayward Pines is interesting. I'm working on the assumption that some of the plot holes at the moment are part of the story and will be explained down the line. Just hope they have it all planned out and it doesn't end up like Lost where they're making it up as they go along.

Otis

Quite liked the first series of Revolution but when it came back for series 2 they seemed to have made a lot of changes and I couldn't really get back into it.

Orphan Black is maintaining its high standard into season three, shame it doesn't get a higher profile over here.

Wayward Pines is interesting. I'm working on the assumption that some of the plot holes at the moment are part of the story and will be explained down the line. Just hope they have it all planned out and it doesn't end up like Lost where they're making it up as they go along.
Lost was fantastic .... at first, but went all a bit silly and the ending was just ridiculous beyond belief.

stupot07

Is Humans any good?

A couple behind on Wayward Pines, but just watching "The Truth" episode. Didn't see that coming!

chiefdave

Only tonight and next week to go. There's talk of it coming back for a second season as its done good ratings however they have promised it won't end on a cliffhanger and will still be a self contained mini-series.

Not sure how they'd make more, its based on a series of 3 books but there's no more books planned and they've used up all 3 in this series. Also it was in development for so long none of the cast are under contract to make more. Guess they'd have to do something like True Detective.

stupot07

Wow, just watched the finale, that was gripping stuff and does leave it open for another series.

Otis

Yep, impressed. Annoyed the hell out of me at first and there are massive gaping plot holes, but the strong acting and style carries it through. Nice to see an 'ending.'

They could do a second series but it would pretty much be all new actors, kids apart.

Hope they don't and they leave it as it is.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Yep, thought the acting improved as the series unfolded.

The only way they could do a second series is if it's bud around Ben trying to free the his mum and the other adults. Not are how that would work though.

Otis

Yep, thought the acting improved as the series unfolded.

The only way they could do a second series is if it's bud around Ben trying to free the his mum and the other adults. Not are how that would work though.

Thing is Stu, the image at the end of the body left hanging from the streets would surely mean all those adults who rebelled would have surely met the same fate wouldn't it?

Why would they keep them incarcerated? Would take a large leap of faith.

Only thing I think that could work is if amongst the new batch of freshly arrived citizens there is another Ethan Burke type and a new rebellion, with Ethan's son pretending to be one of the community but secretly plotting with the new guy.

stupot07

True. I'd just presumed when Ben's girlfriend told him that he had been a sleep for 3 1/2 years as he's been put to sleep with the adults that all the adults had been put to sleep.

Yep, that's what I think might happen, Ben starting a rebellion, but I do think the pull of waking his mum will be too much to resist not trying to break them free.

Otis

True. I'd just presumed when Ben's girlfriend told him that he had been a sleep for 3 1/2 years as he's been put to sleep with the adults that all the adults had been put to sleep.

Yep, that's what I think might happen, Ben starting a rebellion, but I do think the pull of waking his mum will be too much to resist not trying to break them free.

I seriously need to get my eyes tested, cause I honestly believed you said ' the pull of wanking his mum.' :eek:

stupot07

I seriously need to get my eyes tested, cause I honestly believed you said ' the pull of wanking his mum.' :eek:

Well they did seem close. Hehe

Users who are viewing this thread