Match Thread Watford vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 27th Aug (6 Viewers)

Grendel

I don't think there's been any fallout as such but Robins was clearly upset at Max not following his instructions in the game where he came on as sub (Bolton?)
He's been out of favour since and MR said in his post match interview 'it won't happen again'

If he’s not in the squad tonight I’d suggest his days are numbered

skybluegod

I also think Mason will be desperate to play against his former employers. Does anyone know why McFadzean missed Saturdays game? I thought it might have just been a bit of squad rotation after a busy start but for Williams to be on the bench, was there an injury? Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Small hamstring injury, was more of a precaution than anything else. He could be involved tonight, but I would doubt it, probably save him for Saturday rather than risk it

covcity4life

I also think Mason will be desperate to play against his former employers. Does anyone know why McFadzean missed Saturdays game? I thought it might have just been a bit of squad rotation after a busy start but for Williams to be on the bench, was there an injury? Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.
tight hamstring. robins didnt wanna risk him being out for 3 or 4 weeks

smileycov

Facebook User
Any news on Allen? I thought he was only a couple of weeks away injured. seems to have gone very quiet in regards his return.

shmmeee

Any news on Allen? I thought he was only a couple of weeks away injured. seems to have gone very quiet in regards his return.

Two weeks apparently.

Getting the impression it’s a bit like the stadium plans “three weeks” though.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Will they be using VAR tonight?

There's the VAR Bar at the stadium. They use the security cameras to check who's next to be served - make sure no-one's gained an unfair advantage pushing in front of the last man.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Looking fwd to this one. In the home end with a Watford fan mate so will need to be quieter than usual.

Unless of course there’s a guy with a pink top on, then the singing can begin
That'll be Elton John, then.

PVA

Obviously he's not going to come out and say 'they're absolutely shit lolz' (even if we were), but some positive comments by the Watford manager...

“They are a good team,” he said of Coventry.

“They are brave, play 4-3-3, attacking well and I like the way they are playing. We have to be ready to compete well.

Nick

Administrator
Sky Sports News saying Wellbeck is likely to start for them.

Will certainly be a good test of our defenders if he plays him with Andre Gray!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Sky Sports News saying Wellbeck is likely to start for them.

Will certainly be a good test of our defenders if he plays him with Andre Gray!

Given his injury problems I guess you're advocating getting stuck into him early so he doesn't fancy it?

SuperFred

Need to collect tickets from Watford ticket office tonight, first time I've done it for an away game. Anyone know how long before kick off they are usually available?

Nick

Administrator
Given his injury problems I guess you're advocating getting stuck into him early so he doesn't fancy it?

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Pete

Team based on last round and robins words

Wilson
Dabo
McCallum
Hyam
Rose
Westbrook
Kelly
Shipley
Kastaneer
Baka
Hiwula

Stay in the game till 75 and it’s anyones

Evo1883

I just think their pace and how quick they will move the ball will just kill us off tbh.. I mean we think we play nice football but the levels are so far apart it's hard to imagine a win here

Evo1883

Last time I went to Watford I left at 2-0 down with a few mins left and we drew 2-2 and I could see all the city fans celebrate as I walked down the street.. Was gutted

PVA

Last time I went to Watford I left at 2-0 down with a few mins left and we drew 2-2 and I could see all the city fans celebrate as I walked down the street.. Was gutted

Yes i remember that David Bell scored and we had a kid in goal after our emergency loan keeper got injured in the first few mins!

Hobo

If he’s not in the squad tonight I’d suggest his days are numbered

Nice try. I still think once fit I think he will be ahead of Bakayoko. Also I am not getting carried away with Kastaneers wonder debut goal. I want to see him over a few games as his second appearance was a bit of a calamity.

Hobo

It will be interesting tonight. Not getting carried away with this is the best time to play them as our fans got that call totally wrong with Bolton.

I just hope we are brave and continue with the football we have played so far. Not perfect but we have got the results, even Bolton I class as a result because away we didnt get hit with the sucker punch.

Users who are viewing this thread