Match Thread Watford vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 27th Aug (1 Viewer)

DannyThomas_1981

Not at all worried about this result for many of the reasons pointed out - playing a strong Premier League team in desperate need of a result.
A good work out for some of our players against top class opposition. No disgrace.
All that really matters is the League game at the week-end.
Fans a great credit to the club tonight.

shmmeee

Would’ve liked a win obviously, but clearly from the team selection it wasn’t a priority. From the sounds of it we gave a decent account of ourselves and it gets our first defeat out the way. On to Saturday with Marosi, McFadzean, Shipley, Jobello and Godden rested.

ccfcway

PUSB
0a0e2ffc5cd29eda53ca6155f620e404.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

that's the real quiz

cc84cov

Would’ve liked a win obviously, but clearly from the team selection it wasn’t a priority. From the sounds of it we gave a decent account of ourselves and it gets our first defeat out the way. On to Saturday with Marosi, McFadzean, Shipley, Jobello and Godden rested.
Spot on I feel we will beat oxford

ccfcway

We looked clueless up front, all of the front 3 even after changes.

clearly not our finest hour, but we faced some very capable, highly paid players from 2 leagues above.

Clueless is harsh. lacking the quality and guile to unlock a prem defence, yes

Tommo1993

3-0 Watford. One sniff of goal in the first half and they’ll shut us out.

I was half right! But I think we can be pleased with our show tonight, I don’t really think we showed ourselves up too much. First goal could’ve been avoided if Hyam poked his toe out. Second goal could’ve got a better foot to it (whoever it was) instead of playing him in. Third goal bad clearance from Wilson. More of a summary than complaint. The difference of level was blatant pretty much all game, but having said that I don’t think we made it easy for them - we had them panicked a few times. Is Kastaneer match fit yet, or will he always slow us down like that? Biamou is physically stronger than Bakayoko.

No sleep will be lost. Saturday far more important.

‘Clueless’ is nonsense. The difference in speed between the two teams was clear. Like when we played Arsenal, the intensity they put on us is unseen at our level.

larry_david

What's the damage then. Morale shouldn't be hit from that. Mason injured but wanted to carry on, suggests might be a pre caution. Minutes for o hare, kast and Eccles. Jobello, shippers, marosi and westbrooke rested.

As long as confidence isn't shot and Mason is ok, we'll move on pretty quickly from this

skyblue1991

I hope Baka doesn't start a game for the club for the rest of the season.

Yes we lost to a team with Premier League quality but in a sense I am disappointed. We looked clueless in the final third and just felt we never game them as good as a game as we should've done.

Still, onwards and upwards.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

ccfcway

I hope Baka doesn't start a game for the club for the rest of the season.

Yes we lost to a team with Premier League quality but in a sense I am disappointed. We looked clueless in the final third and just felt we never game them as good as a game as we should've done.

Still, onwards and upwards.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

imagine Bristol Rovers thoughts on the weekend, as JCH was equally as ineffective v us.

We cant judge Baka v a prem defence, as clearly he's nowhere near that quality, he's a league one reserve striker.

better days

I would have troubled them more than Baka did.
It's football Nick
Max is desperate to play for the club and loves it here and thinks he can deliver
The manager doesn't think he's worth his place
The manager has done well so there will only be one outcome
Football is a ruthless business

larry_david

Is it time to start asking where Max is... Is this easing him back for the longer term or is this something else

Nick

Administrator
It's football Nick
Max is desperate to play for the club and loves it here and thinks he can deliver
Another bomb squad victim?

skyblue025

On our way home. Thought we played ok without really troubling them up front. Different in class was obvious. Their players bigger, stronger, faster. No one stood out for us,

SeaSeeEffCee

It's football Nick
Robins doesn't half way his mind up on player quickly, does he? Once you're out, you're out

Users who are viewing this thread