Watford Ratings (1 Viewer)

fatso

He lost possession 3 times trying to run out. He panicked every time he had the ball in and around our box. He did make some decent tackles and defended well but hes not a ball player.
Unbelievably harsh, Lats is an incredibly valuable squad player, and can cover so many positions. He's a managers dream to have him available.
In an ideal world, you'd have the likes of Lats and Eccles on the bench to cover so many positions.

Fergusons_Beard

Eccles Mom for taking out their Georgian Winger danger man-who was running the show until Eccles gave him a reducer.

Yes the irony of taking players out when we’ve moaned about O’Hare and Saka…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

olderskyblue

Esoterica

I’m guessing this is meant as a criticism, but Telfer was a selfless player who made up for what he lacked in quality with an excellent work rate, he plugged a lot of holes for us over the years. It’s a surprisingly good comparison in that sense.
Not especially a criticism. Managers have their favourites and when you feel you can trust a guy to do multiple jobs on the pitch he will always be in favour. Reliability and consistency can be important to a manager. If you know you're getting a 7 every week from Lati then maybe that's better for Robins than someone who can be anywhere between a 5 and a 9.

eastwoodsdustman

Unbelievably harsh, Lats is an incredibly valuable squad player, and can cover so many positions. He's a managers dream to have him available.
In an ideal world, you'd have the likes of Lats and Eccles on the bench to cover so many positions.
Not harsh at all. I think hes a solid player but he isnt suited to playing the ball out of defence, especially when watford tried to press high.

Offhegoes

Telfer was superb for us, we always struggled when he wasnt in the side.
Never understood the criticism Telfer got. Was brilliant at RB during the 99/00 season. Good crosser of the ball, excellent work rate.
iI think fans were expecting a flying winger when he signed.

eastwoodsdustman

Never understood the criticism Telfer got. Was brilliant at RB during the 99/00 season. Good crosser of the ball, excellent work rate.
iI think fans were expecting a flying winger when he signed.
He was signed and billed as a tricky winger from Luton but never played that way for us. More of a solid workmanlike type.
I think people were pissed off as he wasnt what they expected.

Users who are viewing this thread