Match Thread Watford (h) (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Our centre mid is now a problem and we can't do anything about it until January so that's great. At least Kitching can walk straight into whatever that defence was.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Well we have got two players due to come back before then so I disagree with that, two players that both cover a lot of ground which is exactly what Palmer doesn't do. That isn't a criticism of Palmer he just doesn't have the same engine that those two (Allen and O'Hare) do.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

Well we have got two players due to come back before then so I disagree with that, two players that both cover a lot of ground which is exactly what Palmer doesn't do. That isn't a criticism of Palmer he just doesn't have the same engine that those two (Allen and O'Hare) do.

Question is a) how quickly they come back and b) once back, how long it takes them to get up to speed... and that could be months being off the pace, pessimistically.

Hopefully it isn't, of course(!)

CCFCSteve

Not sure the possession based football suits, we are still far more dangerous as a counter attacking team

Certainly when we can’t control it or make a simple pass without putting a team mate under pressure. It was all way too casual

If teams are pressing like that we have to mix it up

I don’t think I’ve seen Eccles and sheaf have games like that in the middle of the park and ayari gave the ball away 2-3 times under no pressure which put us in the shit. I might have to revisit my comment about not needed another CM ! Hopefully a one off defensively

TomRad85

Thomas has been good up to this point. I thought all 3 of them were pretty shit today tbh but he obviously takes the cake with their third. Wilson was dodgy too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: AOM

fatso

Still unbeaten since the opening day against a team dropping down from the Premier league, so not too bad of a start, just need to get the new boys up to speed, but I can see positive signs.

van Ewijk gets better every game, and Wright had his best game today, Sheaf is always good and Fadz is a boss.

We just need to improve the quality in the final third (and cut out the errors) and we will be a real force.

SBT

Ayari has real talent, it’s just a case of whether he adapts to take on more defensive duties, or whether we adjust the rest of the midfield accordingly

MVE and DaSilva are going to be crucial to how we get on this season. Sakamoto at RWB seems like a solution in search of a question at the moment, he’s trying very hard but it’s not making the most of his abilities at all

Wright is going to be a real handful and if he can forge a proper partnership with either Godden or Simms then we will win more games than we lose

Essexrobbie

Im hoping we're going to do better against the better sides as a look at the table is a bit worrying. Middlesbrough p**s poor, Swansea, Sunderland and Watford average at best.

CCFCBat

A game of dreadful mistakes! That was a good point in the end that we didn't perhaps deserve. 6 pts from 15 is close to relegation form. I still feel that failing to replace Hamer is a serious mistake. Eccles is a good squad player and he's come on well but he's not a match winner.

First relegation comment. Well done you take 1st prize. Relegation form but we are 14th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Well really what do you say about that. So many errors all over the pitch compounded by Godden missing a penalty for the first time for us. Watford guilty of making countless mistakes themselves at the back.

Hull will give us a hiding without some serious work on the training pitch. Van Ewijk a very clear MOTM.

Users who are viewing this thread