Match Thread Watford FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 9th Mar (2 Viewers)

HadjiChippo

I'll happily play shit and win, our strongest players are back now too, just enjoy it, we played a tough side today and won
Every game In this league that’s not Rotherham has the potential to be a banana skin, both Ipswich and Leicester only won 2-1 here.

I’ll take it, you need wins like this to be successful.

JulianDarbyFTW

Hideous performance, great 3 points. A point off 6th after a dodgy few weeks isn't to be sniffed at.

As an aside, I think the performances started going downhill after the Sheffield Wednesday issue. Obviously a very serious incident, and it rightly got press attention, but from a footballing perspective I think it was a distraction from the task at hand.

shmmeee

Hideous performance, great 3 points. A point off 6th after a dodgy few weeks isn't to be sniffed at.

As an aside, I think the performances strarted going downhill after the Sheffield Wednesday issue. Obviously a very serious incident, and it rightly got press attention, but from a footballing perspective I think it was a distraction from the task at hand.

Not sure about that. Think it was more Sheaf getting injured in the next game.

usskyblue

3 points off 5th, 1 off 6th

IMG_4738.jpeg
Go Crazy Wtf GIF

Cavan O'Doherty

Great result, but I hope this doesn’t blind Robins into thinking 5 at the back is the way to go. This formation doesn’t suit us one bit, but we’ve managed to get away with it because of very poor opposition. When the likes of Leeds, Ipswich, Southampton etc roll into town, I suspect we won’t be as lucky.

Diogenes

Some absolutely embarrassing over-reactions in the last few pages before Wright scored his second, Robins comes up with the goods yet again.

Not really - fantastic result in the end but the performance was dire for the most part. Continue to play like that and you get found out like we did against Preston Nonce End and WB Albion.

Still see us falling short, BUT the way all the results have been falling for us this last week or two does feel like last season. If anyone can get us over the line it's Robins so who knows.

fernandopartridge

As an aside, I think the performances started going downhill after the Sheffield Wednesday issue. Obviously a very serious incident, and it rightly got press attention, but from a footballing perspective I think it was a distraction from the task at hand.
I think it's just a coincidence to be honest. The form was highly dependent on Saka.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Bugsy

Great result away from home, if u don't play well and still win it's a good sign.

Just imagine when we start turning it on starting against wolves next week....PUSB

MikeyMoo

PNE lost, Hull drew. Pretty good outcome for us today. Norwich put 5 past Rotherham but we know exactly how bad they are so this was factored in I think. We're now 1 point behind Norwich and Hull with better GD and 9 games to go. Even if PNE win the game in hand they're behind us.
HUD AWAY W; CAR HOME W; LEE HOME D; SOU AWAY L; BIR AWAY W; IPS HOME - D; HUL HOME - D; BLA AWAY - W; QPR HOME - W = 73 points... 6th spot. Southhampton in playoffs 2 legs. WBA in the final at Wembley.

Brighton Sky Blue

Enjoy today - we could play well v Wolves and lose. At least it's not season over, regardless. The league is still alive, which makes for more excitement between now and the end of the season.
I expect to lose that game, but want to see us make a fist of it.

Users who are viewing this thread