Match Thread Watford FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 9th Mar (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Good play between Simms, Wright and Palmer

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Great ball from Kelly to start that move. Not sure the flick from Palmer was the right thing to do at the end but at least we finished the half on top.

ptr

Credit where it’s due, superb end to the half. They don’t wanna know when we start getting stuck in.

Otis

Some of you lot are hilarious.

The age of all or nothing.

"Cov are shit. Lats is shit. Kelly is shit. Eccles is league 1. Palmer is useless. Go home Robins. I hate footy"

Pathetic. Larry knows, Watford have come out 200 mph, they're gonna be fucked
The bit that makes me laugh is, MR changes the team and we lose and we get "the Tinkerman strikes again"

Then when we win and keep the same side for the next game, and go a goal behind, he's criticised for keeping the same side.

😂

PVA

Looking better at the end, Wright and Simms much more involved.

If Sheaf is capable of playing 45 then he has to come on for Kelly at HT.

Brighton Sky Blue

The bit that makes me laugh is, MR changes the team and we lose and we get "the Timkerman strikes again"

Then when we win and keep the same side for the next game, and go a goal behind, he's criticised for keeping the same side.

😂
Not quite Otis, it's the tinkering with the defence that people have an issue with while copying the same team irrespective of the opposition just seems a bit naive. Should have been 3 or 4-0 down before getting back into it today.

Blind-Faith

Get MVE on and put Eccles where Kelly is playing and take Kelly off, not his day today. Possibly palmer for ohare aswell, purely as Kasey is also on a yellow , last thing we need now is to go down to ten men.

After how we started , happy to go inn 1-1

curly_tom

Apart from the first 2 mins and last 5 we’ve been uncomfortable. What’s happened to Torp? He hasn’t played well nor Palmer. Simms looks off it again and Wright up and down. Although Eccles could be at fault for some of their attacks he’s been good in possession. I hope Watford have tired themselves out and we can start to capitalise on some of their defensive frailties.

stupot07

Really fortunate to be going in 1-1. We've been second best most of the game.

Kelly, Torp and Palmer have been really poor in the midfield.

Simms and Wright are linking up well.

A really disappointing first half.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Paxman II

So what would you do? Personally I'd put Eccles into midfield, VanEwik at RB. Kelly Off. O'Hare and Sheaf ready to come on if it doesn't quickly go our way. The rest staying on need a roasting to get their shit together. Got to be brave at this stage of the season....we came here to win.
I could be tempted to bring O'Hare and Sheaf on at HT with Van Ewik at RB Eccles and Palmer off. Physical sides do not suit Palmer.
It's there to win, if we step up our game. Simples. And we must.

Dickie

The problem with this is that now it’s 1-1 it’ll probably persuade MR to make no changes to personel or formation at half time, despite us playing shite.

steve101

I would be tempted, partly due to the yellows, to take off Kelly and Palmer HT and replace with Van Ewijk and O'Hare (Eccles moving to midfield).

skyblue_55

They have ripped us apart, but very lucky for us , they ran out of steam & allowed us back into the game .
If only we had their pace & movement , instead of looking & being so pedestrian.
Please Robins change back to the 4 at the back

Users who are viewing this thread