wasps (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

What at the expense of the team you support?

I am a CCFC fan, if I were honest I do not care about the Wasps but I do care about first class Rugby and the possibility of it being played in our City.

torchomatic

The Trusts' POV seems quite clear:

Coventry City FC supporters group Sky Blue Trust earlier expressed concerns about Wasps taking a stake in the stadium, but later said it was a "new start" and the trust would seek a "good relationship" with its new landlord.

torchomatic

Grendel

I am a CCFC fan, if I were honest I do not care about the Wasps but I do care about first class Rugby and the possibility of it being played in our City.

So if any "first class sport" came to the City you would welcome it regardless would you?

Grendel

Coventry City FC supporters group Sky Blue Trust earlier expressed concerns about Wasps taking a stake in the stadium, but later said it was a "new start" and the trust would seek a "good relationship" with its new landlord.

Free tickets all round then

Nick

Administrator

"It's new land lord?" Wasps aren't the Trusts land lord, maybe they should have a good relationship with the club rather than trying for land lords and random american businessmen.

Nick

Administrator

Surely then it would be get behind Cov and get them there (I am not saying you don't get behind them). I like watching Champions League and would love to see Messi play in the flesh, doesn't mean I think we should ship Man City to the Ricoh to get it.

torchomatic

Really? You don't care about them but you're busy backing and defending them. if Man Utd moved into the Ricoh I wouldn't be bothered about "first class football and the possibility of it being played in our city".

Sick Boy

Why?Coventry already has its own rugby team. I take it you'do jump ship if a 'first class' football team moved into the city?

Great advert for the trust this is eh?

Sick Boy

This is why the Sky Blue Trust is a waste of time. Full of apathetic cap doffers.

martcov

"It's new land lord?" Wasps aren't the Trusts land lord, maybe they should have a good relationship with the club rather than trying for land lords and random american businessmen.

You mean American businesswomen I presume.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah right. The best policy is to piss the landlords off. Wait..... SISU did that already. Where are we now? The answer says it all.

There is pissing them off, and licking their bums.

I don't suggest the trust should be stood calling people wankers or anything, but there is a balance.

Sick Boy

Yeah right. The best policy is to piss the landlords off. Wait..... SISU did that already. Where are we now? The answer says it all.

I wonder what the reaction of the Pompey trust would have been if they were in our shoes. I think it would be a lot different to that of the apathetic hat doffers.

NorthernWisdom

I find it fascinating that a justification for Wasps moving further away from their home is that they moved away from their home in the first place.

We should have stayed in Northampton before bogging off to Maidstone, it'd have been alright then.

wingy

I find it fascinating that a justification for Wasps moving further away from their home is that they moved away from their home in the first place.

We should have stayed in Northampton before bogging off to Maidstone, it'd have been alright then.

Why did we come back ,buggered If I can work It out??

chiefdave

Why did we come back ,buggered If I can work It out??

It would be interesting to know the process that took place, who approached who etc. There were rumours floating around that ACL made the move to bring the club back as the Wasps deal required us to be in place as tenants but there have also been conflicting rumours that the FL finally made a move and put pressure on SISU.

wingy

It would be interesting to know the process that took place, who approached who etc. There were rumours floating around that ACL made the move to bring the club back as the Wasps deal required us to be in place as tenants but there have also been conflicting rumours that the FL finally made a move and put pressure on SISU.

Provides food for thought doesn't It.

Firstly Economic ,there Is apparently little to be made on a City matchday ,certainly @ current support levels . Negative

"Political" in that the CCC didn't want to be seen to cut the Club adrift of It's own City ,uproar around rebranding of Stadium, bringing fan

resentment yet complicate the Proposed sale to another . Negative

CCFC became aware of the deal tried to be a fly In the ointment although realising they could not Influence the Inevitable sale , for

financial benefit ,Fan Power ,yet on a ridiculously short deal ,longer than they originally wanted allegedly, after Investing In pitch

upgrades at the other place . Who Knows ?

The FL ,well If SISU knew about the deal there's a fair chance the FL did ,lack of Progress on the new Stadia ,loss of JR .

If It were them It was a late decision as they'd allowed the Club to lay that Pitch.

Again they wouldn't want the political fall out from allowing us to move and a Cuckoo move In ,not on their watch ,however I would have

thought they would have Insisted on a minimum 5 yr deal .

Adendum ......New nickname for those now frequenting the Nest " Cuckoos "..

Users who are viewing this thread