Wasps ticket prices (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

To watch Wasps against Northampton next month sitting in the middle of the Tesco stand, you'd need to let go of £50. Fifty quid!

Although some tickets in the corners are £17, a lot of the tickets are significantly more expensive than watching CCFC.

CCFC54321

And that’s why no one watches that tripe. £50 is a disgrace to watch a team year on year being depleted until they are relegated in the next couple of seasons then eventually liquidation.

Grendel

And that’s why no one watches that tripe. £50 is a disgrace to watch a team year on year being depleted until they are relegated in the next couple of seasons then eventually liquidation.

Relegation doesn't exist anymore in the Premiership

chiefdave

Relegation doesn't exist anymore in the Premiership
Doesn't that mean that once teams are out of the running to win it the games become dead rubbers? Not sure watching two teams who have nothing to play for going through the motions in a glorified friendly is an incentive to part with £50.

JAM See

To watch Wasps against Northampton next month sitting in the middle of the Tesco stand, you'd need to let go of £50. Fifty quid!

Although some tickets in the corners are £17, a lot of the tickets are significantly more expensive than watching CCFC.
I don't really understand rugby union, but I do enjoy the spectacle of watching talented young sportspeople giving their all in a team sport.

I'll happily pay twenty quid to take the missus up the Butts.

Won't be going to the Wasps though.

Grendel

Doesn't that mean that once teams are out of the running to win it the games become dead rubbers? Not sure watching two teams who have nothing to play for going through the motions in a glorified friendly is an incentive to part with £50.

To be fair the £50 is a bit of a red herring - some parts are £17 - also of course winning it isn't winning it as you can finish 4th and still be champions

Kneeza

So the team that wins the league Coventry are in won’t get promoted? Really? If that’s true the game of rugby is an utter joke.
Yes they will - at the end of this season.
Then they pull up the drawbridge for a couple of years.
Well, that's what they say at the moment, but we must remember that the bodies that run rugby in England are even more corrupt than EFL/CCC (delete/add as required).

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
50 quid is a lot. I certainly wouldn't pay it. 22 quid at the bpa, which is where I will be going.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

You have been saying that for four years and it's still not close to happening. The ring fenced league probably makes it less likely and they are still signing players. The business is now focused on more than rugby

I think their business focus has changed. More focused on keeping their biggest cost - wages - down whilst trying to focus getting more from the stadium. A lot of the infrastructure improvements are being paid for by their business partners I would guess and dealings with ccfc are on a more commercial basis. The deal with Delaware is also better than with compass. Going to depend on how they can manage their costs.

Going bust ? I still don't see it.

Reactions: AOM

rob9872

Could offer me £50 to watch and I'd still not go near the cunts

Reactions: AOM

CCFC54321

You have been saying that for four years and it's still not close to happening. The ring fenced league probably makes it less likely and they are still signing players. The business is now focused on more than rugby

I think their business focus has changed. More focused on keeping their biggest cost - wages - down whilst trying to focus getting more from the stadium. A lot of the infrastructure improvements are being paid for by their business partners I would guess and dealings with ccfc are on a more commercial basis. The deal with Delaware is also better than with compass. Going to depend on how they can manage their costs.

Going bust ? I still don't see it.

They will go bust eventually. Even yourself knows they can’t survive with £40-£50m of debt around their necks.

The finance people I know in industry all are saying the same.

Cut backs just like CCFC led to on pitch deterioration and relegation after relegation. The same model will happen to wasps shortly.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Look the finances are not great have never said differently and still of that opinion. But you are applying the ccfc context to wasps and the two are not in the same situation.

There is no relegation for wasps so thats not going to hit them for at least 3 seasons, good chance never will.

The bond refinance I would think has just got a bit easier in some respects

- every business expects bad results following covid so 2021 results expected to be bad, but grants received will show as a profit and will help. But for reasons below 2022 onwards should improve.
- the business has diverse sources of income
- major costs are being brought down eg cheaper players
- no relegation
- the major asset has probably gone back up in value due to things like ccfc returning
- the deal with ccfc is more commercial than before and more activity.
- the deal with delaware gives wasps a bigger share of stadium event incomes
- the risk of legal action appears to have receded
- business partners investing infrastructure
- rugby side has it own elite base
-stadium now sponsored long term
- ccfc now contribute to stadium overheads
- better deals with suppliers due increased activity

Not an exhaustive lists but you get the picture.

Wasps have always known from day 1 that profits would not repay the bonds. Investors will like all of the above. Refinancing doesn't mean paying it all off it could be simply replacing

Interest rates are low and there are lots of ways to raise finance. Wasps now have a track record no matter how bad it got of paying the interest of 6.5% pa. That's a positive to the financing, shave off a percent or two and that significantly affects the finances. But it doesn't have to be loans or bonds or could be a mix of things

When ccfc dropped through the Leagues because amongst other things, costs too big, no other income sources, no major assets other than players, other clubs preyed on ccfc because we were desperate and transfer fees squeezed, no large central distributions due to league level, fans issues etc Not really the same at all

Perversely success for ccfc is good for wasps and costs them nothing for 10 years.

Still don't see wasps or ccfc going bust any time soon. Both are not out of the financial pit yet though, both have very different options.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread