Wasps the 'new pride of Coventry' (1 Viewer)

dutchman

Wasps the ‘new pride of Coventry’, boasts key economic event for city’s great and good

RUGBY club Wasps are the ‘new pride of Coventry’, according to promotion for a forthcoming key ‘Coventry Economic Forum 2017’ event for the great and good.

It will partly explore how ‘Brand Coventry’ should be marketed to the world, to bring in tourists, businesses and inward investment.

The high-profile event at Coventry University on March 24 will bring together key players from business and the public sector, including organisations with strong links with Coventry City Council.

This was posted by the news bot in the local news section yesterday but went unnoticed so I've reposted it here in case anyone wishes to comment.

westofrayne

well after reading the article I'm still not sure where wasps come into it.

it looks to me as if someone who wrote the invitation email follows wasps as there is no real connection between the event and wasps other than the last part.

is this yet another play by wasp pr teams to dig out CCFC and Cov Rugger club?

Or are we to believe that wasps are saving Coventry future?

Nick

Administrator
Aren't Wasps apparently sponsoring the culture bid? It will have them all over it throughout.

wingy

I see there has been a Civic gathering.
Les has done an article in the Observer .
I didn't quite see it through to the end but wonder If he referenced the accounts ?

oldfiver

Its laughable. Have a civic gathering to celebrate their 150th anniversary only 3 years of which have been in Cov.

I think this makes answers your point

April 28th Cov v Hull

The occasion will also mark a handover of the City Of Culture mantle from Hull (2017) to Coventry (2021) with the Lord Mayors of both cities in attendance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread