Wasps Rumour (1 Viewer)

martcov

Hold on. I thought fans weren't coming to the club as they have never finished in the top 6 in any division in their living memory.

So if this is achieved surely sisu in the majority view will be worshipped as the best owners the club has had?

That's right isn't it?

if SISU geht us back to a mid table Championship side and self sufficient ( or thereabouts ) and with a 10 year contract with Wasps at a reasonable deal, then they may not be the best owners, but they will have got CCFC into a stable position. We will be better off than when they took over and so, yes, I think people will give them credit for that. I would hope that they would then sell up or bring investors in to sort out the stadium problem long term. We are moving in the right direction to achieve that and Wasps will not throw us out yet - for economic and strategic reasons - but I think that, long term they will either merge with us or buy us out. The only other way for CCFC to continue would be that Coventry expands in area and population allowing for a second stadium nearby to be able to survive.

Chipfat

Sisu don't know how to run a football club on or off the field so finishing in the top 6 would be purely down to Fans, TM, MV and the players. Sisu have no idea what they were doing for 8 years, TM came in to steady the ship and then he demanded full control of the budget to get results and a squad that could compete in L1. SW was told to stop being football director!!!!!! TF has fell off the face of the earth and JS well she has never been around to answer questions anyway.

TM taking control is the best thing the club has done and that decision was one that really had no other direction to go in. TM backed them into a corner with my way or im off and the future of the club with it. Season tickets sales were so low previous to TM signing, that if they had not given in to TM the U18's would of been playing at Fleetwood last week, so credit i dont give them. They have made a right dogs dinner of our club and unless they keep supporting TM they will be back fighting L1 relegation..

So no pats on the back for me and that includes any party that has been involved in this current plight of this club, no matter where the playing side finish.

Last edited:

Samo

Sisu don't know how to run a football club on or off the field so finishing in the top 6 would be purely down to Fans, TM, MV and the players. Sisu have no idea what they were doing for 8 years, TM came in to steady the ship and then he demanded full control of the budget to get results and a squad that could compete in L1. SW was told to stop being football director!!!!!! TF has fell off the face of the earth and JS well she has never been around to answer questions anyway.

TM taking control is the best thing the club has done and that decision was one that really had no other direction to go in. TM backed them into a corner with my way or im off and the future of the club with it. Season tickets sales were so low previous to TM signing, that if they had not given in to TM the U18's would of been playing at Fleetwood last week, so credit i dont give them. They have made a right dogs dinner of our club and unless they keep supporting TM they will be back fighting L1 relegation..

So no pats on the back for me and that includes any party that has been involved in this current plight of this club, no matter where the playing side finish.

No whatever you do, don't give credit where it's due. Stick to the accepted narrative.

stupot07

if SISU geht us back to a mid table Championship side and self sufficient ( or thereabouts ) and with a 10 year contract with Wasps at a reasonable deal, then they may not be the best owners, but they will have got CCFC into a stable position. We will be better off than when they took over and so, yes, I think people will give them credit for that. I would hope that they would then sell up or bring investors in to sort out the stadium problem long term. We are moving in the right direction to achieve that and Wasps will not throw us out yet - for economic and strategic reasons - but I think that, long term they will either merge with us or buy us out. The only other way for CCFC to continue would be that Coventry expands in area and population allowing for a second stadium nearby to be able to survive.

I cannot see a merger or a buy out by wasps ever happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Chipfat

No whatever you do, don't give credit where it's due. Stick to the accepted narrative.

So you are saying stick to bashing Sisu because thats what we do. I do look at it in a balanced way and would give credit, but i can't see anything Sisu have done by design that has made this club better. I can see owners with no idea about what they invested in or how to run what they invested in. If you can think of any positives about this tenure share, but if they finish in the top 6 TM, MV and the players deserve the credit not Sisu. Remember they lowered the budget, TM just wanted control of it , not more and we may also be talking about a top 6 finish we played a dozen games!!!

letsallsingtogether

Hold on. I thought fans weren't coming to the club as they have never finished in the top 6 in any division in their living memory.

So if this is achieved surely sisu in the majority view will be worshipped as the best owners the club has had?

That's right isn't it?

Well according to you and your cronies we have shit fickle fans.......
I think we have some of the best fans out there, for having to put up with so much shit over the last few years.
They go to watch there beloved Sky blues as do I.
Well come on we are also in the lowest league we have been for decades so being in the top 6 should really be a minimum.
After all it is the easiest league we have had to compete in in most of our supporters lifetime.
PUSB

letsallsingtogether

The first team on thr pitch should come before everything else.

Sisu along with ccc and mm, Richardson, Hoover et Al deserve everything they get for the way they have treated the club and fans.

Care to dispute any of that? Or is your hatred of Sisu more important?

Where have any of us put all those you mentioned before CCFC?
Oh yes I forgot by not going to that shithole of a ground.........Shitfields.

Well I for one am proud to have never set foot in that ground, Oh and would do it all again if repeated
PUSB.

Samo

So you are saying stick to bashing Sisu because thats what we do. I do look at it in a balanced way and would give credit, but i can't see anything Sisu have done by design that has made this club better. I can see owners with no idea about what they invested in or how to run what they invested in. If you can think of any positives about this tenure share, but if they finish in the top 6 TM, MV and the players deserve the credit not Sisu. Remember they lowered the budget, TM just wanted control of it , not more and we may also be talking about a top 6 finish we played a dozen games!!!

Well I would point out that the only reason TM was in a position to 'back them into a corner' was because they had employed him in the first place!

Paxman II

What a silly OP.

The conventional wisdom is very different. A Rugby club moving home and getting its hands on the leasehold of a spanking stadium on the cheap is one thing but filling it to anywhere near capacity and maintaining said stadia is another.
WASP know full well the football club can potentially fill the stadium on a regular basis and if they are promoted and even promoted again the rent would be increased commensurate to that success. TV rights, exposure and then some would increase exponentially.
WASP want us there. The biggest fear to WASP is more likely to be whether the football club would ever try and steal the stadium away from them.
I see the Ricoh like a second hand car that actually gained in value...so it's possible they could sell the car back for more than they paid, take the profit and return to London.
Suppose we left? Who would fill the void for WASP?

Chipfat

Well I would point out that the only reason TM was in a position to 'back them into a corner' was because they had employed him in the first place!

Again they hired TM on a short term get me out the shit contract and then had to give TM what he wanted to stay... Trust me nothing they do is by design, they don't know how too?. I remarked at the time it was good work on SW part to get TM to sign, but he had no option.. Remember ST were very poor until TM signed and since SW has backed off recruitment the team is performing.

Also SW has been pushed aside bu MV and TF is not in the picture, funny how they back off and the team progress, even with a new coach, staying in hotels and bringing in a higher level of player than before.. Before they couldn't paint the walls at ryton never mind compete, they have done very little in the current progression. Without TM and MV we would be going backwards faster than any of us could imagine.

Chipfat

Again they hired TM on a short term get me out the shit contract and then had to give TM what he wanted to stay... Trust me nothing they do is by design, they don't know how too?. I remarked at the time it was good work on SW part to get TM to sign, but he had no option.. Remember ST were very poor until TM signed and sounds coming out of the club at that time were very negative about the income effecting the ability to compete this season.

With SW and TF playing no role in player recruitment or controlling budget spending, its no shock to me we are doing better on and off the field, money on hotels, training ground and even a team bus has made a difference. I mean SW in control couldn't get the budget right to paint a wall at Ryton, never mind bring in quality on the pitch.. I will give credit when and where its due not to a lucky call or a decision that has no other option, i think that's fair and balanced..

Bob Latchford

exactly-what-kind-of-tantrum-must-a-big-baby-throw-to-get-some-attention-around-here-b540e.jpg Nothing to see here .

skybluedan

Someone always has a reliable source I ain't believing anything till I here it straight from a horses mouth. Kieran Crowley or rfc. Oh yeah shit

Samo

Again they hired TM on a short term get me out the shit contract and then had to give TM what he wanted to stay... Trust me nothing they do is by design, they don't know how too?. I remarked at the time it was good work on SW part to get TM to sign, but he had no option.. Remember ST were very poor until TM signed and sounds coming out of the club at that time were very negative about the income effecting the ability to compete this season.

With SW and TF playing no role in player recruitment or controlling budget spending, its no shock to me we are doing better on and off the field, money on hotels, training ground and even a team bus has made a difference. I mean SW in control couldn't get the budget right to paint a wall at Ryton, never mind bring in quality on the pitch.. I will give credit when and where its due not to a lucky call or a decision that has no other option, i think that's fair and balanced..

Yes I suppose Joy must have become a millionaire by pure chance.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Yes I suppose Joy must have become a millionaire by pure chance.

I think that part of the problem was that they thought that their skills were transferrable into this area.

I gather that in their more normal line of business, they often purchase distressed debt and then "play hardball" with the other parties to get a good return.

I guess that that can be effective in one-off situations, but it appears that they thought that a similar approach would work where they needed to have ongoing relationships. Strangely it seemed to have some downsides.......

ajsccfc

Trust me nothing they do is by design, they don't know how too?

If they adapt to circumstance well as they may have done with Mowbray, I'm happy enough with that. I can live without going by design until Operation Premiership is fulfilled, at least.

Sick Boy

I think that part of the problem was that they thought that their skills were transferrable into this area.

I gather that in their more normal line of business, they often purchase distressed debt and then "play hardball" with the other parties to get a good return.

I guess that that can be effective in one-off situations, but it appears that they thought that a similar approach would work where they needed to have ongoing relationships. Strangely it seemed to have some downsides.......

I am sure that originally they were reluctant to get involved in football until Ray 'debt free' Ranson persuaded them. Bizarrely some still think of him as a demi-God.

Users who are viewing this thread