WASPS Interim Accounts 2019 (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

Be good if anyone could call the Friday evening phone in that has an excellent overview of wasps accounts and raise the profile of wasps dire straits?

Nick

Administrator
Why is the before and after the wrong way round. No wonder why they cant report on wasps account when the rugby correspondent is sent on important jobs like this.

Yeah but:

It was only shortly after their opening time of 10am on a Wednesday when I arrived but already there were three gentlemen waiting their turn while another three were patiently waiting their turn.

Was it 6 waiting their turn and there was a word count to reach?

stupot07

9,503 the official attendance, so more like 7,500 then haha

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

CCFC54321

Is that true!! Brilliant and to think the amount of free tickets going around this week.

Busted flush.... time to get an exit strategy wasps!

Grendel

No one cares any more and apathy is a bigger killer - some idiot yesterday on their forum said the Ricoh will be rocking to day - it’s embarrassing

Brighton Sky Blue

Starting to think the only reason they’re not letting us back in is we’d get embarrassingly higher crowds.

Nick

Administrator
Starting to think the only reason they’re not letting us back in is we’d get embarrassingly higher crowds.

We would now, if there's a game that means a win seals promotion or even the league title it would be sold out.

Back to Wasps 6,000 the next week.

Still nothing in the Telegraph but a great article about a breakfast their Rugby Reporter had.

Brighton Sky Blue

We would now, if there's a game that means a win seals promotion or even the league title it would be sold out.

Back to Wasps 6,000 the next week.

Still nothing in the Telegraph but a great article about a breakfast their Rugby Reporter had.

It should be a mission to get a higher crowd in Brum on the same day as a Wasps game before the season is up

Halftime Orange

Jesus! The Ricoh looks empty, surely they can't survive with gates like that for much longer...thought it was bad when we were there and staying away because of SISU! At least we had a reason.

CCFC88

Be interesting to see what they do with their ST prices next year, keep the same or increase them and you'd expect a drop off, reduce them and its a sign their admitting their own failure.

On a different note, we were talking to an Ipswich fan on Saturday who was saying that Evans is running their club as a tax asset, running losses year on year to offset against his other business'. Could it be that this is happening with Wasps, with (soon to be the expected) no threat of relegation, no FFP rules to adhere to etc, could it be that they are being used like that?

I have very little knowledge and not saying that Im right, its just something that popped into my head following the conversation in Ipswich, but could it be that they aren't bothered about making any money, especially in the short term?

Grendel

Be interesting to see what they do with their ST prices next year, keep the same or increase them and you'd expect a drop off, reduce them and its a sign their admitting their own failure.

On a different note, we were talking to an Ipswich fan on Saturday who was saying that Evans is running their club as a tax asset, running losses year on year to offset against his other business'. Could it be that this is happening with Wasps, with (soon to be the expected) no threat of relegation, no FFP rules to adhere to etc, could it be that they are being used like that?

I have very little knowledge and not saying that Im right, its just something that popped into my head following the conversation in Ipswich, but could it be that they aren't bothered about making any money, especially in the short term?

It’s a myth things don’t work like that

skyblue1991

As someone who's not an accountant, what pages from the accounts should I be looking at to confirm Wasps were operaing at a loss?

skybluesam66

see consolidated income statement
in 6 months, including interest payments, they lost £4.99m

2022 is when they need to repay their 33m loan
by then they could lost another 20m, so unlikely they will be able to pay back the 20m

We are able to play at St Andrews for another 2 years - which ties in with the 2022 when Wasps go pop

Brighton Sky Blue

Bond price down over 2% today. Looks like an extinction may be closer then anyone imagined.

Got to be close to going over the edge.

Another thought of the day:

i wonder if they can actually buy the place outright if they can't get the financing.

View attachment 14353

In their favour however, no relegation this season and guaranteed European fixtures every year with the strong likelihood of relegation being scrapped once Saracens are out

Users who are viewing this thread