Wasps in talks to takeover Ricoh (3 Viewers)

Hobo

SISU dithered and tried to be bully of the playground. Wasps came in and negotiated a deal. How? Because CCC and HIGGS wanted shut of it..fed up of SISU's shuffling and court proceedings.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It means they can't give details of Wasps bid, it does not mean they can't invite offers from others. They do not have to give details of Wasps offer just make it known a 250 year lease is available.

You make it sounded like she knew all along. By the time Joy was saying she was aware of the discussions it was a done deal going before the council to be voted on!

As I have mentioned above, I'm aware they could still have listened to offers. I do, however, differ from your opinion with regards how CCC would have looked if the flavour of commercially confidential discussions were leaked to a possible competitor.

However, the idea of the long lease had been discussed with SISU before. They blamed the hand of CCC for disrupting that deal. A JR judge disagreed, with the often quoted neither party having the appetite for a deal quote. As such, the SISU accusation of CCC appears false. More bad blood.

Against that backdrop, previous failed promises and ongoing litigation, why would anyone from CCC even consider jeopardising commercially confidential negotiations with a candid buyer to give SISU yet another bite of the cherry?

letsallsingtogether

CCC did say, very publicly that they would listen to offers. JS reports she wants freehold only, and states they'll build afresh unless they get it.

Correct I went to a fans forum at Christ the King where Joy made an appearance and she said it again freehold or nothing???

Funny how Tim has said this also on numerous occasions and now feels he has been hard done by???

He actually got what he wanted and now can build that stadium of his the"Tim Fisher Stadium" has a ring about it don't you think.:whistle:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Correct I went to a fans forum at Christ the King where Joy made an appearance and she said it again freehold or nothing???

Funny how Tim has said this also on numerous occasions and now feels he has been hard done by???

He actually got what he wanted and now can build that stadium of his the"Tim Fisher Stadium" has a ring about it don't you think.:whistle:

Grendel doesn't believe you!

(I used to box at Christ the King. Haven't thought about that place for bloody years!!)

Astute

Hogwash as per. I never said he was blameless - I did say he didn't sell the buy back clause on highfield road - which of course he didn't.

So did Richardson have a massive part in putting our club where it is now? Just yes or no will do.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Glad you remembered where it was I couldn't

letsallsingtogether

Grendel doesn't believe you!

(I used to box at Christ the King. Haven't thought about that place for bloody years!!)

Believe what he wants their were other posters from here at the meeting.
But hey don't I need to prove anything to him or his cronies they wouldn't believe it even if they had attended the meeting.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Believe what he wants their were other posters from here at the meeting.
But hey don't I need to prove anything to him or his cronies they wouldn't believe it even if they had attended the meeting.

Ok memory man where was the meeting we had with Fisher when he showed us the Wasps prospectus regarding the Ricoh,before we knew about it and he'd had it for a while?

letsallsingtogether

Ok memory man where was the meeting we had with Fisher when he showed us the Wasps prospectus regarding the Ricoh,before we knew about it and he'd had it for a while?

Fuck me lost my memory now but believe it was at the Hotel on the A45 in May last year and he told us that in confidence!!!!

But they didn't know honestly.....

chiefdave

why would anyone from CCC even consider jeopardising commercially confidential negotiations with a candid buyer to give SISU yet another bite of the cherry?

Ignoring the fact that it would in no way jeopardise commercially confidential negotiations I'll give you a very simple reason:

Coventry City Council
Coventry City FC
Coventry RFC

SISU are merely passing owners, here for a brief period in the long history, and hopefully future, of our football club. No matter how much we as fans or CCC dislike them to do what CCC have done is unforgivable. The sale of ACL to Wasps will, I have no doubt, eclipse any other as the moment future generations point to when looking at what doomed the club to decades in the lower divisions.

skybluetony176

They told me they'd take a long lease as it's the same as freehold

Why were they talking to you? Where you there to negotiate on behalf of CCC and Higgs?

Its strange that during this whole debacle they seem to have gone out of their way to meet individual fans, journalist and MEP's some on numerous occasions in an attempt to open dialogue but from what I can see they never went to that same effort with the people that they NEEDED to speak to in order to gain the things that they were only too happy to tell you they wanted.

Did that never strike you as strange?

From what I can see the only dialogue that they got into with the necessary people to obtain their "dreams" they did through the media and none of it productive.

I'm surprised an intelligent man with great communication and negotiating skills (I think that's how you've described yourself on here before) didn't pick up on this?

They seem to have spoken to everyone but the people they needed to. How strange.

letsallsingtogether

You can't prove that!!

No he can't nor can I or the other person that was there.
That is why we haven't bothered to mention it before, Its not like he gave out copies or anything.

We will only be accused of making stuff up again.

I am sure he had other meetings with fans??

skybluetony176

The invitation for offers was made in Dec 2013, SISU already knew a long lease was available having agreed the principle of one previously. Absolutely nothing stopping them putting an offer in, and no secret that ACL was for sale with a long lease. Surely there isn't any doubt about this.

Apparently there is.

letsallsingtogether

Why were they talking to you? Where you there to negotiate on behalf of CCC and Higgs?

Its strange that during this whole debacle they seem to have gone out of their way to meet individual fans, journalist and MEP's some on numerous occasions in an attempt to open dialogue but from what I can see they never went to that same effort with the people that they NEEDED to speak to in order to gain the things that they were only too happy to tell you they wanted.

Did that never strike you as strange?

From what I can see the only dialogue that they got into with the necessary people to obtain their "dreams" they did through the media and none of it productive.

I'm surprised an intelligent man with great communication and negotiating skills (I think that's how you've described yourself on here before) didn't pick up on this?

They seem to have spoken to everyone but the people they needed to. How strange.

Because they knew that some of these individual fans are gullible enough to believe the bullshit they spurt and in turn fight their battles for them, a bit like some of the members on the SCG :thinking about:

stupot07

Fishers constant stupid comments have everything to do with CCC giving up on SISU making a serious bid and looking elsewhere. The question is when they gave up on trying to do a deal with SISU.

Not the comments made after the gillingham game. the wasps deal was already a done deal by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Ignoring the fact that it would in no way jeopardise commercially confidential negotiations I'll give you a very simple reason:

Coventry City Council
Coventry City FC
Coventry RFC

SISU are merely passing owners, here for a brief period in the long history, and hopefully future, of our football club. No matter how much we as fans or CCC dislike them to do what CCC have done is unforgivable. The sale of ACL to Wasps will, I have no doubt, eclipse any other as the moment future generations point to when looking at what doomed the club to decades in the lower divisions.

Aw come on. You're being disingenuous now. You're telling me that if you represented Wasps and the same deal you were discussing in confidence was offered to a competitor you wouldn't feel commercial confidentiality has been broken?

chiefdave

Aw come on. You're being disingenuous now. You're telling me that if you represented Wasps and the same deal you were discussing in confidence was offered to a competitor you wouldn't feel commercial confidentiality has been broken?

I've been in situations where I've been having commercially confidential discussions regarding taking over a business while other parties were also having commercially confidential discussions about taking over the same business.

If I wanted an exclusivity period I'd request it and no doubt have to pay for it. If I don't I'm not going to complain if I'm not the only one in negotiation.

I'm not saying you give details and 'offer the same deal' as you put it but you can certainly be in talks with more than one party and you can certainly make it very clear what is available for purchase.

olderskyblue

I have had many deals with companies on that basis, and if they started touting round any part of my offer to others, I would most certainly consider that a breach of confidence. The fact it may happen in business does not make it any less so.

Rusty Trombone

No just showed us it,one question there was aprospectus Sisu are a financial institution and people really believe they knew nothing about it:thinking about:

Didn't someone mention a prospectus was being sent round before (maybe Rob S??), not sure of the timescale. Well if you saw that Fisher had one at least in the May then they really weren't interested in putting in a counter offer. Also adds to the intrigue of coming back to rent when they knew Wasps were buying ACL.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Didn't someone mention a prospectus was being sent round before (maybe Rob S??), not sure of the timescale. Well if you saw that Fisher had one at least in the May then they really weren't interested in putting in a counter offer. Also adds to the intrigue of coming back to rent when they knew Wasps were buying ACL.

to be fair to Fisher it was not in May that he showed us this think it was just before the announcement but hed had it for a while

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I have had many deals with companies on that basis, and if they started touting round any part of my offer to others, I would most certainly consider that a breach of confidence. The fact it may happen in business does not make it any less so.

I'm aware it happens. But, as I asked above, in light of the bad feeling with regards the false accusations suggesting a CCC hand scuppering the Higgs deal, the ongoing litigation, the rent strike and move to Sixfields, and Seppala telling Les Reid and various folk on here that it's freehold only; who - from the council side - would risk the deal to have a friendly word with Our Tim and tip him the wink?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'm aware it happens. But, as I asked above, in light of the bad feeling with regards the false accusations suggesting a CCC hand scuppering the Higgs deal, the ongoing litigation, the rent strike and move to Sixfields, and Seppala telling Les Reid and various folk on here that it's freehold only; who - from the council side - would risk the deal to have a friendly word with Our Tim and tip him the wink?

You know my thoughts on Sisu,but I would have if in a poition to know and worked for CCC.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You know my thoughts on Sisu,but I would have if in a poition to know and worked for CCC.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

For them to do what with it? You know Fisher had a copy of the prospectus. What did they do? And all this well before the Gillingham game. JS stated she wouldn't stand in the way of a deal. They had no appetite - judges words, not mine - to complete the Higgs deal. So, where does any confidence come from that, even if someone did see fit to jeopardise the confidential negotiations with Wasps - the risk would have changed things one iota?

Last edited:

Grendel

At this COC meeting was the word unincumbered mentioned - yes or no?

Astute

At this COC meeting was the word unincumbered mentioned - yes or no?

Would have thought that your name was top of the list for a COC meeting :p

And we are still waiting for your reply. Did Richardson have a massive part in putting our club where it is now? Just yes or no will do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread