Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calista

Not clear whether his purchase of a stake in the club is conditional on getting the stadium, or whether he's got 85% regardless?

Also, "The deal will involve clearing all of the Club’s current debts, leaving it debt free.". Isn't that what Ranson told us once?

RegTheDonk

“We have made it a priority – and one of our first acts as majority owners – to submit a bid to acquire the CBS Arena. We are keen to meet with Coventry City Council representatives and others as soon as possible to set out our vision – which includes the regeneration of the area.”

I don't get it - won't it all be too late given what's happening tomorrow?
I guess this is ammo for the bond holders et al to say hold your horses judge, a new player just rode in?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

giphy.gif

djr8369

Well to me it doesn't look good. Assuming that Ashley goes through with the transaction and this guy goes through with becoming a majority shareholder with a view to getting a stadium he'll have no chance of getting, what's the benefit to him?
Agreed. I’m worried this is a late play from SISU and leaves us open to turmoil between two owners.

slowpoke

Doubt if this is that much of a surprise, still a few hoops to go through for King says subject to EFL approval that might be a problem too.
We all knew there was a likely curve ball to be thrown into the mix.

Tommo1993

Once had a neighbour called Doug, when I was younger. Always asked me if I wanted to see his purple helmet in his shed. Weirdo.

Liquid Gold

I think this will go through with or without the stadium.

I very very much doubt it goes to the EFL unless it's all agreed. It's like a "CCFC agree to sign [x player] subject to EFL approval".

The issue is what he does and how he decides to go about things if he doesn't get a tilt at the arena.

Brighton Sky Blue

Fun times and spunking?

In all seriousness while the end of SISU's tenure is a good thing from one perspective, from another it means simply being owned by a different venture capitalist and still having no stake in the stadium.

I really don't see this as a cause for celebration to be quite honest

NorthernWisdom

In all seriousness while the end of SISU's tenure is a good thing from one perspective, from another it means simply being owned by a different venture capitalist and still having no stake in the stadium.

If (if!) it goes through it's somebody different from SISU. That in itself is worth celebrating, as it looked like they'd never leave!

shmmeee

Ashley is preferred bidder and has exclusivity while he does due dil. Tomorrow there’s a court case but others understand that better than me.
NEC also bid but lost to Ashley
Sisu are saying nothing but rumours to be interested if it went to admin (which it didn’t cos Ashley bid)
John Dawkins claims to be interested but apparently didn’t bid until after exclusivity so now no one will talk to him
Michael Byng has submitted his offer to The Tomes.

giphy.gif

wingy

Seem to think they will still get a shot at the stadium think there may be lawyers beside bondholders tomorrow.

clint van damme

Doubt if this is that much of a surprise, still a few hoops to go through for King says subject to EFL approval that might be a problem too.

How will the EFL approval be a problem?

Nick

Administrator

You aren't surprised by this news?

Was this expected at the council house?

slowpoke

Not clear whether his purchase of a stake in the club is conditional on getting the stadium, or whether he's got 85% regardless?

Also, "The deal will involve clearing all of the Club’s current debts, leaving it debt free.". Isn't that what Ranson told us once?
But 85% of what, sisu run the investments of others don’t they, none of them known except that text a substitute Canadian clown who was on the board for a while.

TomRad85

If that assumption is wrong then King has just wasted a serious amount of money and we remain screwed.
We could easily have a mutually beneficial relationship between stadium owner and club, as long as said stadium owner doesn't let the cockroaches back in. Ideally we'd own both but these arrangements don't need to he as hideous as ours has been.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

Wow. Never a dull moment. Firstly, sounds like fantastic news. Very strange timing though. Negotiations would’ve been going on for ages, if so, why wasn’t it wrapped up in time to get a decent bid in on the stadium ?!

Tomorrow becomes even more interesting !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread