Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquid Gold

I'd be astounded if the bondholders got £35m back.

They have had something like 47% of their initial paid in interest though so if they got anything close to 50% I suppose they'd take that as a win given the circumstances.

NorthernWisdom

They have had something like 47% of their initial paid in interest though so if they got anything close to 50% I suppose they'd take that as a win given the circumstances.
Yeah, if you can come close to break even, then it hasn't been a disaster for them, especially at a time when interest rates in a savings account have been pretty low.

Robinshio

BIG ARENA NEWS

Specsavers look to be opening

COVENTRY ARENA SPECSAVERS LIMITED has just been setup

VbMAp7p.png
I didnt see that coming

13th_choice_seamer

Sorry if I missed it but what repairs does the Ricoh need that would run the bill up to £13m??? Looks in fairly decent repair as far as I can see, unlike St Andrews where half the stands are closed due to structural issues.

CCFCSteve

Id not thought of it in that way. Really good point. I wonder if there’s maybe some tax clawback from the insolvency of an investment as well

alexccfc99

Sorry if I missed it but what repairs does the Ricoh need that would run the bill up to £13m??? Looks in fairly decent repair as far as I can see, unlike St Andrews where half the stands are closed due to structural issues.

Place could do with a good jet wash and the concourse is crap in my opinion compared to other grounds

Alex1987

I think a rush job to get it complete 16 years ago and then any real lack of maintenance in that time.....don't know the breakdown but costs for large stadiums can run up very quickly.

Liquid Gold

T
Place could do with a good jet wash and the concourse is crap in my opinion compared to other grounds
The councourse is proper shocking for a new build. It's like they calculated the size of a person standing and just put that in, no room to move at all.

Ashton Gate's redevelopment is amazing in the home end concourses, loads of room to move about, tables to put your drinks on, food and drink outlets on both sides to reduce queueing.

alexccfc99

T

The councourse is proper shocking for a new build. It's like they calculated the size of a person standing and just put that in, no room to move at all.

Ashton Gate's redevelopment is amazing in the home end concourses, loads of room to move about, tables to put your drinks on, food and drink outlets on both sides to reduce queueing.

Haven’t been in the home end at Ashton Gate so cannot comment, but when I went to watch England play Switzerland at Leicester the other year, the concourse was just so much better and spruce - For a ground that is pretty much the same as the CBS

I’m in no world saying we’re ever going to have a place like theirs but I was at Spurs v Newcastle the other weekend and it’s unbelievable - Wouldn’t think your at a football stadium

alexccfc99

T

Southampton as well last season, for a new ground I think the CBS is lacking and needs some real TLC

djr8369

As soon as the initial repayment date was missed there was no chance they were ever getting their full amounts back.

RegTheDonk

The NEC are not going to try and turn the Arena into a competitor to their other venues especially given the superiority of access to the NEC in Brum, have a think about it.
I'd agree with this. You've got lots of car parks, a couple of main routes in and out, a footbridge to a main line railway station. At the CBS we have a lot of locals walking to games, parking in friendly side roads/pubs etc. Getting shead loads of people who have travelled from outside the area to see The Stones, it's a nightmare. Friend took about 3 hours before they were back on the motorway.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If the club do end up owning the stadium everything should be named after legends. The Jimmy Hill Stand, the Dave Bennett Bar, the Marcus Hall

The bellends corner.

Torquay Sky Blue

It was rushed in the end to get finished, its always had that unfinished look to it
I was involved with the sales for the stadium security . It was so rushed to get finished. We told them the PA system wasn't fit for purpose and it wasn't. The turnstiles weren't ready and half the CCTV wasn't functioning on opening day. Only glad there wasn't a fire or we'd all of been fucked (that worked by the way) 😉

djr8369

What would the administrator take into account when assessing bids? Would it purely be the highest bid and best return for creditors? Would they consider best for the local area and each tenant at the arena. We’re biased thinking club and ground should be united but does any other party involved care about that?

If not, I’m just thinking NEC group would have by far the most coherent business case and credible business plan. They’d know how to run the events side, be able to project cash flow based on number of events etc and have the football club as tenants. The administrators won’t care about club and ground being under same ownership I’m sure.

Meanwhile there may be other parties wanting to unite club and ground but have no experience on the events side and they will just generally be complete unknowns.

I’ve just got this awful feeling it will go to NEC, we’ll be tenants with SISU slowing trying to extract cash and then they’ll be a rent dispute in 8 years when the lease is up and we’ll be moving grounds again.

Flying Fokker

What would the administrator take into account when assessing bids? Would it purely be the highest bid and best return for creditors? Would they consider best for the local area and each tenant at the arena. We’re biased thinking club and ground should be united but does any other party involved care about that?

If not, I’m just thinking NEC group would have by far the most coherent business case and credible business plan. They’d know how to run the events side, be able to project cash flow based on number of events etc and have the football club as tenants. The administrators won’t care about club and ground being under same ownership I’m sure.

Meanwhile there may be other parties wanting to unite club and ground but have no experience on the events side and they will just generally be complete unknowns.

I’ve just got this awful feeling it will go to NEC, we’ll be tenants with SISU slowing trying to extract cash and then they’ll be a rent dispute in 8 years when the lease is up and we’ll be moving grounds again.
Just wondering? Why do you think SISU would have a rent dispute after paying rent on time for 10 years? At year 10 they will either be there on an agreed package or on their way. There may be some foot stomping of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread