Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxman II

Is it WASPS intention to reform after admin and to hold onto the arena under a different umbrella? I think that is too difficult to pull off. Their cash flow is zero. they are bust plain and simple. CCC should strip them of the lease and offer CCFC the opportunity to puchase said lease at a knock down rate for the remainder of the 250 year period. It seems the obvious thing to do. But will they? They hate SISU as much as anyone but they must decide for themselves this is CCFC and it's owners will move on but the club will continue for the next 250 years! Yes it will advantage SISU but they will use the opportunity to sell up and get out finally. CCFC and a stadium are worth more than SISU's so called 'debt' owed. There would be plenty of suitors. People like McAvoy could pay off SISU easily. I sense he would rather get the stadium first then nail SISU for the football club. It's getting very interesting.

skyblue025

Is it WASPS intention to reform after admin and to hold onto the arena under a different umbrella? I think that is too difficult to pull off. Their cash flow is zero. they are bust plain and simple. CCC should strip them of the lease and offer CCFC the opportunity to puchase said lease at a knock down rate for the remainder of the 250 year period. It seems the obvious thing to do. But will they? They hate SISU as much as anyone but they must decide for themselves this is CCFC and it's owners will move on but the club will continue for the next 250 years! Yes it will advantage SISU but they will use the opportunity to sell up and get out finally. CCFC and a stadium are worth more than SISU's so called 'debt' owed. There would be plenty of suitors. People like McAvoy could pay off SISU easily. I sense he would rather get the stadium first then nail SISU for the football club. It's getting very interesting.
T

There is no way the CCC will sell the lease off cheap. If it becomes available again it will go to the highest bidder be it AEG, NEC or someone else. It won't be SISU though that's for sure.

torchomatic

Was it before or after Ann Lucas said there was a pathway to ownership for CCFC?

I think the phrase was "its too early to talk about arena ownership " when we returned for rhe Gillingham game. This public statement was made despite CCC already being in negotiations with Wasps.

Philosorapter

I think the phrase was "its too early to talk about arena ownership " when we returned for rhe Gillingham game. This public statement was made despite CCC already being in negotiations with Wasps.

Wasn't the statement made by Phil Townshend, who coincidentally, was accused of screwing another person out of their home?

SBT

As long as you don't care about a team you support being moved, like say Coventry City to Northampton, that's fine. Otherwise you're just being completely hypocritical. It's an attitude that completely sucks and shows no understanding or sympathy for anyone else.

Presumably you'd be outraged if Cov moved away again for "financial reasons" but you think people who supported Wasps their whole lives in London weren't equally upset?

You're kidding yourself mate - rugby fans care as much about their teams as football fans do, why the fuck wouldn't they?

Rugby fans care, sure. So do fans of curling, indie music festivals, French arthouse cinema (but enough about me). If your argument is that all of them are as culturally relevant/sacred as football because they matter to someone, are you saying that it’s always wrong for any business with fans to move cities for expansion purposes?

It sounds like you’re asking me to be outraged on behalf of a few dozen Wasps fans in London who didn’t seem to care much anyway. Not only that, it’s even got people insisting that a Mike Ashley joint bid for Wasps and CCFC should be off the table - nevermind if that would be a good deal for us or not. Why should I care that much about Wasps when their own fans clearly didn’t?

Sky Blue Harry H

Well Joy seems to be as deluded as the Glazers when it comes to valuing football clubs. They've just valued utd at 9 billion so Joy must be looking for 70-80 million at least🥺

Joy at SISU HQ watching proceedings

chiefdave

You're kidding yourself mate - rugby fans care as much about their teams as football fans do, why the fuck wouldn't they?
The problem is rugby fans were very keen to keep telling us it was fine for clubs to move across the country as people aren't attached to their clubs in the same way football fans are and those in London who couldn't travel to Coventry would just change their support to another club nearer to them.

Reactions: SBT

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just wondering? Is it likely that Ashley will buy in the expertise to run the stadium/ any acquired business? I know that event companies are such but a guy like Ashley would surely know how to pull the resources together? Oh, and well said BTW.

Yes he could, which is basically the current situation. However if its done in-house say by NEC group any mark up a third party makes is retained by the owners. The stadium is more viable

NorthernWisdom

The problem is rugby fans were very keen to keep telling us it was fine for clubs to move across the country as people aren't attached to their clubs in the same way football fans are and those in London who couldn't travel to Coventry would just change their support to another club nearer to them.
Some were, but it's nonsense. The same as there's a fair few 'city fans' who like a day out to Wembley for a play-off final, but 'support' Man Utd during the rest of the season. The scale may be different, but it's still the same that some will be committed, some will be casuals, some will vaguely know the results.

Once you loosen the cultural ties of place and time, you risk loosening it for everybody. Sport is not a business after all, it's a passion and it ties into peoples' identity.

jordan210

Wasps fans are nuts. Wasps player tweets a rat emoji

Once a wasp:

Appears to be a mouse?

And they are notoriously quiet

As in, 'I'm not saying a thing.'

The players have had a few briefings and very little if anything has leaked. A sign that they trust the (old) management?

jordan210

So the wasps fans positive news is they are Not in admin yet….

Also claiming that 2 parties want to buy wasps without admin

SBT

Once you loosen the cultural ties of place and time, you risk loosening it for everybody. Sport is not a business after all, it's a passion and it ties into peoples' identity.

Pompous rubbish. I refuse to believe that Wasps is a “passion [that] ties into peoples’ identity” for anything more than a few dozen people at most. You’re asking people to apply football-levels of passion and emotion to something that even most rugby fans don’t get worked up about.

Not all sports are life and death, and that’s ok!

CCFC54321

Some wasps fan thinks on bbc cwr just now there’s a chance that they will get a bridging loan and survive.

Says they had 10,000 there Saturday even though they played Sunday.

Tommo1993

If SISU threw their hat in with a bid (that’d be less than anyone else’s anyway) wouldn’t it be seen as self humiliation when they’re supposed to be building that stadium? (that they won’t build regardless)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread